AU vs UA newspapers

MrMoJo

I was having a cold one yesterday afternoon with the publisher of our local paper and I asked him if the circulation increased during football season. He said that if Bammer was having a good season, it would go up and would go down in a bad season. It didn't matter if Auburn had a good or bad season, it didn't affect sales. Some goober bammer fan sitting next to me thought that was real funny. I had to explain to him that Auburn fans bought and read the paper no matter what, unlike bammer fans. The publisher then said that if Bammer was having a good season and circulation was up, they would have to put in more bigger pictures in the sports pages and take out alot of words......honest!

I thought this was pretty funny.......

sometimes the truth is funny....if you will really take notice,the average bammer fan is your average redneck in most cases.....very little formal education,loudmouth, know-it-all and- don't-know-didlyshit type....i'm serious, i live among them.....the average bammer over here could not pass a literacy test given by a chimpanzee....not all,but most are this way

I prefer more pictures and less words in the sports page. I keep newspapers from big bama wins and to me...the pictures are more important.

Sportswriters dont tell me anything i dont already know.

:P Comic book sports sections! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Three cheers for the Newspaper men getting things to the level that Bama fans can understand!

:D

WarTim and I can attest to the theory espoused by the newspaper man.

There is a convenience store nearby where we go buy the Sunday paper. If Bama has won, you better get there early. If Bama has lost, you can sleep till 4PM and still get your paper.

I was having a cold one yesterday afternoon with the publisher of our local paper and I asked him if the circulation increased during football season.  He said that if Bammer was having a good season, it would go up and would go down in a bad season.  It didn't matter if Auburn had a good or bad season, it didn't affect sales.  Some goober bammer fan sitting next to me thought that was real funny.  I had to explain to him that Auburn fans bought and read the paper no matter what, unlike  bammer fans.  The publisher then said that if Bammer was having a good season and circulation was up, they would have to put in more bigger pictures in the sports pages and take out alot of words......honest!

I thought this was pretty funny.......

108668[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Posted by bammagrad...................I prefer more pictures and less words in the sports page. I keep newspapers from big bama wins and to me...the pictures are more important.

Sportswriters dont tell me anything i dont already know.

I'll bet you want have too many papers to add to the list for 2004.

Just joking................... :poke:

WarTim and I can attest to the theory espoused by the newspaper man.

There is a convenience store nearby where we go buy the Sunday paper. If Bama has won, you better get there early. If Bama has lost, you can sleep till 4PM and still get your paper.

108773[/snapback]

You could not know, or even have a clue, as to whether uat had won or lost a game. But, simply ride by the Texaco on Cherry Street and take a look at the bamaham news stand. FULL machine = uat loss. Empty by 8:00 am=uat win.

(I feel sorry for the poor guy that is counting on selling those Sunday papers to make a living for his family. Maybe we should start a uat charity drive for all of those bamaham news folks?...On second thought..... :moon: ! ! !)

Archived