Paper Shakers back for UGA Game?

DKW 86

From ITAT: Link

Info On Paper Shakers For UGA From Athletic Department:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just talked to a good source in the athletic department and they are working up the logistics of getting the paper shakers from the same company that you guys are talking about buying them from right now.

So, don't get money together because it looks like the wish is going to be a reality.

Also, just a note good job on finding the company because this thread is how the people who are working on getting this deal done found the company.

The actual strips of paper bnreakoff as you shake them and cause a blue haze of flying paper...... its just what the cleanup crew wanted to hear....

wouldnt the plastic ones be better because they dont fall apart? i guess i would have to see the paper ones at a game before i judge. I was just 4 in 89 so dont really know what it looks or sounds like

Ah, the paper shakers!!!!  MEMORIES!!!!

108626[/snapback]

No doubt. And they look much better on TV, too.

The "woosh" sound of the paper shaker would be a welcome addition to the Ga game. Although I doubt that the Bush administration, with their ties to the petroleum based plastic shaker industry will allow the paper shakers to invade Jordan Hare Stadium. :P

I don't get it...it's a good thing that the shakers fall apart and fly everywhere? I don't think I've ever seen paper shakers...

And we all know paper on that particular day will be expensive.I think I'll save my money for the 18.00 hot dog.

Here's an idea buy some blue and orange construction paper shred ,it and put it on a stick....??? :blink: Then we won't have to wait for the next big shaker change. :big:

I'm making mine out of chained-together blue and orange paper clips,I'm making shure a dawg fan is in front of me.Whack!!! WARRrRRRRrrrrrrrrr "WHACK,WHACK<Whack" EAGLE!!!!!!! "whack" HEY!! SUPER "WHACK"

Ever drink a bunch of whiskey at a game and get about 5 paper shakers togather, hold and shake them, and put a match to them. It is like shaking a huge flaming ball of fire....I found it to be an excellent tatic to clear out bammer fans if they are nearby. :moon:

Yep, and I still have mine from the 1993 Iron Bowl. Sits right on top of the framed SI from that year.

I think you can still buy paper shakers at either Anders or J&M. My wife and I bought some last season. In keeping with typical Jarhead behavior, I broke it in half on the first drive we had (just like when I was an Undergrad). I don't think I ever had a papershaker make it through a full quarter without being snapped. Man, I love those things.

What are paper shakers??? :D:D:D

Boy, we got some young ones on the board. That used to be all there was and yes, they were usually toast by the end of the game. The cheer leaders always threw out tons of em' before the games and the 89' Bama game was the best. Watch any video you can of the stands in that game. The stadium was covered. What a beautiful sight.

Paper shakers were awesome. I remember the blue and orange fog created by them during the 1989 Auburn-Bama Game. And they do make a noise like you are shaking a can full of sand.

I remember being very dissappointed the year I showed up and they had plastic shakers.

What are paper shakers??? :D  :D  :D

Boy, we got some young ones on the board.  That used to be all there was and yes, they were usually toast by the end of the game.  The cheer leaders always threw out tons of em' before the games and the 89' Bama game was the best.  Watch any video you can of the stands in that game.  The stadium was covered.  What a beautiful sight.

108667[/snapback]

NOTHING beats Shaker Haze!! :cheer:

I am SO GLAD someone decided to bring back this tradition. The plastic ones just are not the same. You knew it was a good game if you went home with just a naked stick in your hand and blue and orange streamers in your hair!!!!! :lol:

It's kind of like rolling Toomer's Corner, only you start in the stadium and use colored paper... :big:

I used to pick those soggy strings of paper out of my hair for days. It was bad, but they are pretty cool

the plastic ones are better for stirring cocktails, though.

108746[/snapback]

Excellent point. Guess that's why you got that PhD, huh? :lol:

Archived