Recruiting

Shug2003

There seems to be an awful lot of interest in recruiting and the advent of the web has certainly speeded things up. According to my calculations, the current signess stack up l ike this IF you subscribe to the Insiders method of rating players.

Leading: LSU and Georgia with Florida coming up on third. (based upon most 3's and 4's)

Auburn is holding steady with the majority of their verbals being from 3's. There's still an abundance of talent out there and according to my sources, here are the players we have a good shot at now. (although certainly not all of them that are considering us)

Careg Bonner TE 6-3 230 Huntsville, Alabama ***

Montez Billings WR 6-4 185 Pelham, Ala. ***

Tommy Trott TE 6-4 240 Montgomery, Ala. ****

Jerrell Powe DT 6-3 322 Wayneboro, Miss ***** May not qualify

Roderick Battle DE 6-4 247 Atlanta, Ga. ****

Mike Holton TE 6-4 245 Pompano Bch Fla. ***

Gabe McKenzie TE 6-3 215 Mobile, Ala. **** battle with UF

Anquez Jackson OL 6-3 340 Fairfield, Ala. *** Teammate of Sharpe

Eric Sledge WR 6-3 185 Apopka, Fla. *** Teammate of Horton

Darius Dewberry LB 6-4 218 Fort Valley, Ga. **** Battle with UGA

Ahmad Mayo RB 5-9 210 Griffin, Ga. *** Likes AU a lot

Rico Albert DB 5-10 170 4.4 Prattville, Ala. *

Louis Ellis DT 6-2 285 Scooba, Miss. ***

Rudy Odom DT 6-3 265 Mandaville, La. *** battle with LSU

Alonzo Horton LB 6-3 215 New Orleans La. **** Battle with LSU

Of course there are many other players considering us and I expect recruiting to pickup in the next 3-4 weeks although I anticipate another late signing flurry which characteristic of TT. If anyone has later news, please post. WDE! :au::au::au:

I think :au: will get whoever they want. Trott, Alonzo, Newberry....just to name a few. We will also get a couple of big time receivers. I've said this before, and I'll say it again, WE MUST KEEP ALL OUR COACHES TO HAVE ANY KIND OF RECRUITING. But hey.........We still have alot of GAMES to play before we worry about who is signing or not.

From Wednesday's Huntsville Times: Per CTT

"Recruiting is going great, so good we are three-fourths of the way done. We have a lot of guys that are excited about us that maybe weren't until those last two big wins. "

I'm satisfied

Nuff said

Don't know if we want Bonner. He's serving a 3 week suspension for what I hear is failing a drug test. Also had to run 50 miles.

Think he is bammer material. Would make a great roomate for Ray "Smokey" Hudson.... :P

That quote means that recruiting is going well. CTT could have made a career being a talent scout. He has turned non-recruited athletes into All-Americans or at least discovered them. Carlos Dansby and DT from last year are two examples.

Obviously CTT knows more about the recruiting situation than anyone else, including insiders and rivals.

I dont think AU gets Trott and Bonner. And Gabe is going to be a tough one to pull out of mobile.

108795[/snapback]

Naahhh...It gets easier EVERY week. :big:

are you not counting commits? Because we already have commits from 4* Rex Sharpe and 3* Ali Sherrif, 3* Patrick Trahan, amongst others.

I don't think we get (or want) Trott, Bonner, and McKenzie. I think our staff REALLY wants Trott and McKenzie, but will take Bonner if one (or both) fall through.

Archived