UGA/UT?

TrueTiger

I wish it would, too. LOL

From a UT fan's prespective...we can't play much worse than we did last week, and UGA can't get much better than they played las week. Right now, I'd say the line is about right, but it could be closer. I don't think we will win, though.

UT was finally exposed. UGA's defense is as good if not better than Auburn's so the game should not even be close.

i want georgia to win the rest of their games and come in to jordan-hare 9-0. if we are undefeated and so are they and we knock them off i think this gives us the best shot at moving into the top two in the rankings assuming that there are three or four undefeated teams left at that point.

No question in my mind that UGA is a better team than UT. Having said that, it'll be a monumental task for UGA to get up after that colossal victory over LSU, a team which soundly whupped them 2x's last year. Add to the fact that UT hasn't beat UGA in several years, will add to UT's desire to win, and might make UGA players that much more likely to overlook the Vols. UGA wins, but not as easy as many would expect.

UGA players are not over-looking UT....I think some people are using our big win to somewhat insinuate it but with all the smack-talking that the UT players are saying....its becoming easier and easier to get up for the game

UGA is a bit too tough for UT to handle. It would be nice to see UGA come in 9-0 when November rolls around.

We still have to beat Arkansas, who gave Florida a bit of a scare Saturday. Jones can flat out play.

UGA players are not over-looking UT....I think some people are using our big win to somewhat insinuate it but with all the smack-talking that the UT players are saying....its becoming easier and easier to get up for the game

108835[/snapback]

UGA might say all the right things, but I think it'll just be human nature that neither they, the players, nor CMR will be able to explain. UGA won't INTENTIONALLY overlook UT, but I think it'll just be too hard for them to get up for the Vols, knowing what UT did last week and having dismantled LSU the way that UGA did.

BTW, the pic of the Vol chick w/ her hand over her mouth right at half time - priceless. :D

UGA wins this one because of 2 things:

1. Defense. That's one stout bunch and I see them putting even more pressure on the QB's than Auburn did. UT has a great ground game and should have stuck with it more against AU. They'd better stay with it against UGA cause' they will not have much time to throw.

2. The running game of UGA. Ware and that line were awesome last week and that allows Greene to do what he does best. If UT doesn't stop the run any better than LSU did, it's going to be a loooong day.

108835[/snapback]

UGA might say all the right things, but I think it'll just be human nature that neither they, the players, nor CMR will be able to explain. UGA won't INTENTIONALLY overlook UT, but I think it'll just be too hard for them to get up for the Vols, knowing what UT did last week and having dismantled LSU the way that UGA did.

BTW, the pic of the Vol chick w/ her hand over her mouth right at half time - priceless. :D

108844[/snapback]

I agree that it really is human nature...but this really is an older team with senior/juniors so I really am not THAT worried about a big letdown

The Dawgs will absolutely toast UT's secondary. UT's Defense ranks ahead of only Miss State na d Vandy, and their pass defense is dead last in the conference.

David Green's gonna light up that UT secondary - big time. Georgia covers easily.

UGA_seniors.jpg

i want georgia to win the rest of their games and come in to jordan-hare 9-0. if we are undefeated and so are they and we knock them off i think this gives us the best shot at moving into the top two in the rankings assuming that there are three or four undefeated teams left at that point.

108812[/snapback]

Y'all are crazy. There will not be 4 undefeated teams with 2 weeks left in the season. I would be surprised if there was more than one undefeated team left when the Orange Bowl rolls around...and I don't mean rolls like "Roll Tide" because we know they won't be sniffing any Oranges for a few years!

WDE :au:

Another thing about this game is that no one on this team has beaten UGA.  As much as I hate to say it, I think they may be in UT's head a little bit.

108808[/snapback]

That would be AUsome...

I must consider the desperation factor here. If UT loses this game, their season is in the can. They fall back into a tie with UF, and UGA still has the UF game to lose. :lol:

UT has been beaten by UGA 2 years running. UT is very motivated to win this one. Nearly desperate to win this one. I have a funny feeling about it, but I would not be surprised at a UGA blowout either.

UGA look good, scratch that VERY good last weekend in the blowout of LSU. However the LSU game was emotion just plan emotion its was a UGA team taking out all its anger from last year in one game. I am not discounting them in anyway I know UGA has the talent to beat ANYONE, but with all the talk of how suspect the team was looking after the first few games, is it total out of question to think UGA won that one just on emotion. I dont think so, let UGA come out and blast UT like they did LSU, then we can say UGA has made a recovery. Till then I there is the chance a backed up UT team can beat UGA. I dont think they will but I just cant say UGA is back to where they want to be to much emotion was in the LSU game for that. Like they say emotion can only last you so long, we find out a lot about UGA this weekend.

Archived