Why is this board so editied

AuburnSpider

I was under the impression forums were a place to express opins about the days events.  Is it in fact just a plarce to discuss victories.  Ive been to several compeating sites and they seem to "get it".  Just curious.

Some people are way too negative.  ITAT is ridiculous right now.  I agree with the rules over here!!! Chizik can't fire Roof at midseason so enjoy watching this young team grow and take its lumps and move on!

I have loved this site for a long time but I'm starting to feel the same way.  The coaches arent going  to revoke our forum card if we call them out.  If they have time to read this they need to be teaching tackling drills.  Why is everyone becoming such a head in the sand homer?

I have loved this site for a long time but I'm starting to feel the same way.  The coaches arent going  to revoke our forum card if we call them out.  If they have time to read this they need to be teaching tackling drills.  Why is everyone becoming such a head in the sand homer?

Who says we are?  I bet if you ask any of the admin or Mods what we thought of today's performance, it would be very similar.  However, it wouldn't be expressed the same way a majority have today.

For the salaries Auburn is paying, we should be getting better coaching. There is more to college football than recruiting. We can be in the top 5 on rivals/scout/bspn, but if the results do not improve on the field, the rankings mean squat.

AE is different from all the other sites and we like it that way.  The administrators of AE want to keep the site different.  It is basically run like a private business.  We actually have rules for the message boards.  We reserve the right to refuse applicants.  We reserve the right to disallow any posts that don't fit the rules.   We reserve the right to remove any poster who will not abide by the rules.  

Now, let me ask you, what good can come of message boards who will allow constant postings of requests or demands to fire this coach or that coach?  We will allow intelligent conversation and debate about most any subject.  Degradation of coaches or players will not be one of those subjects.

We have our rules.  You can follow them or not.  We don't care.  But if you don't follow them you won't be here long.    

WAR EAGLE!!

I love this site, and I like the mods.  I don't think it's time to fire coaches.

But the editing is too heavy IMO.

If you saw what we saw then you may change your views. 

I love this site, and I like the mods.  I don't think it's time to fire coaches.

But the editing is too heavy IMO.

We appreciate that, but being proactive is better than reactive in some instances.

I've seen some of the threads before they were deleted.  I probably haven't seen the individual posts that prompted the deletions.  But that's an individual poster issue IMO, not a thread issue.  But obviously I don't see what you do.

For the salaries Auburn is paying, we should be getting better coaching. There is more to college football than recruiting. We can be in the top 5 on rivals/scout/bspn, but if the results do not improve on the field, the rankings mean squat.

Not even Pat Dye won a National Title.  We have a young team and rebuilding years happen!!  It has happened to even the best programs.  Florida won the title in 06 then had a rebuilding year in 07 only to win it again in 08.  The defense needs a lot of work yes but I don't expect Chizik to make a coaching change at midseason.  He wasn't going to fire anyone after an NC year.

If you are begging for money you might loosen up the editing....just saying!

Who's begging? FWIW, Those that like the editing are the ones that contribute the most.

Why does discussion about obviously poor defensive coaching seem to be off limits? If that's the case you should add "no negative post" to the house rules.

Its not, it is how people choose to discuss it.  There is a huge difference between, constructive and destructive criticism.  We've always said, its not what, but how you say something.

Archived