Spurrier to coach Bama?

Bottomfeeder

Dear Mr. "feeder",

I have some swampland in Arizona and would generously let you take off my hands at a very reasonable price. :D

That's a pipe dream. Many of you guys will remember the same Spurrier to Auburn rumors circulating last year. Simply not gonna happen. Honestly I think Shula deserves at least another year. With Brodie going down for the year, I think you have to give him that. Then next year after he's 0-3 against :au: , maybe then it'd be fair to look for a replacement.

Hey! Don't forget the stinking Gamecocks!

It's become the last challenge left for all the great coaches. When you've proven you can win everywhere else and you want to see if you're REALLY good, take a coaching job in Columbia.

Lou's had 3 losing seasons out of 5 including the only 0-11 season ever registered by an SEC team, I believe. I suppose he'll be the 3-3 after this year. Maybe it'll be time the hang up his well-stomped-upon hat.

I hear he and Spurrier are real tight these days, too.

Ahhhhh, there's nothing like a good rumor.

i predict spurrier will land at UTexas before he lands at another SEC school.

if OU thumps UT this weekend, it could be as early as this january....

ct

is there a college job out there that Spurrier has NOT been rumored to get? IMO, he will be in the ACC when or if he decides to get back in. I think that will be at North Carolina. But I really don't care.

I am still looking for the link, but I believe that Spurrier's future has something to do with Blunts and Ricky Williams

Just speculation here but I don't think Spurrier needs the pressure of an Alabama at this satge of his career. I think he could win there but would he have the patience to put up with the fan base and the administration, BOT's, etc.?

If he signed on as coach at Bama, do you honestly think there'd be any talk about giving him time to get his own recruits, build his own program and instill his philosophy on the team? In reality, it'd be more of an attitude that we have Spurrier and 10 wins a year will begin immediately. If you don't think so, sit down and listen to Finebaum or any other talk show. Two bad weeks and the program is in shambles and CMS just doesn't have what it takes.

The pressure is there at any D1 school but I believe Alabama people probably expect as much or more than anyone in the nation.

going back to south carolina, don't forget that hootie johnson is one of their biggest athletics donors. he's the president or whatever at the masters in augusta, and we all know stevie loves his golf. a membership at augusta would be a nice thing to put on the table that no other school could match.

If you leave your tooth under your pillow, the tooth fairy will leave you money, but NOT steve spurrier! Get real! You folks have been trying in vain to replace Bear for over 20 years now and haven't succeeded yet. Bammer has become a revolving door for coaches and the attraction for Bammer isn't there anymore. I hope you spend the next 20 years doing the same thing because guess what? There isn't another Bear out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you had your choice why not take Notre Dame? They have a vaancy coming with the next loss.I don't think he will come back to the college level afer the pro experience.

Archived