Previous La. Tech Numbers...

StatTiger

We are 6-0 against La. Tech but we have experienced too many close calls with the Bulldogs.

On offense, Auburn has averaged 195.2 rushing, 246.5 passing and 36.8 pts per game against the Bulldogs.

La. Tech has averaged 111.0 rushing, 278.8 passing for 22.7 pts per game.

In 1989, Auburn allowed an average of 269-yds per game and 11 pts per game. La. tech gained 399-yds and scored 23 points.

In 1990, AU allowed 273-yds and 17 pts per game. La.Tech gained 230, scoring 14 pts.

In 1997, AU allowed 344-yds and 19 pts per game. La.Tech gained 382-yds and scored 13 pts.

In 1998, AU allowed 307-yds and 21 pts per game. La.Tech gained 326-yds and scored 17 pts.

In 2000, AU allowed 303-yds per game and 20 pts. La.Tech gained 469-yds and scored 28 pts.

In 2001, AU allowed 349-yds and 24 pts per game. La.Tech gained 533-yds and scored 41 pts.

In the past, La.Tech has counted on their passing game to carry their offense. This year, they are more reliant on their running game, which should be a plus for Auburn. If we score early and often, we take them out of their offensive game plan. In the past, they threw the ball often, so they were never out of their game plan. We cannot afford to take these guys lightly. Our 1989 team won the SEC with a senior QB, great defense and a solid running game. La.Tech gave us more than we wanted, losing 38-23.

WDE / Beat La.Tech

hate to correct the stattiger but we are actually 9-0-1 against la tech with the lone tie coming in 1987. i believe the score was 3 to 3. the only reason i remember was because i was there and it was my sisters birthday.

hate to correct the stattiger but we are actually 9-0-1 against la tech with the lone tie coming in 1987. i believe the score was 3 to 3. the only reason i remember was because i was there and it was my sisters birthday.

109029[/snapback]

No problem. I don't have game stats from the 40's.

You are correct on the overall series record but we did not play them in 1987.

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/record...=Louisiana+Tech

Bear

Sure you were not a Auburn fan in a past life? Now that is a pretty good concept to come back and still be a Auburn man. Maybe you are proof that being a Auburn man/woman is part of your soul.

No problem. I don't have game stats from the 40's.

You are correct on the overall series record but we did not play them in 1987.

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/record...=Louisiana+Tech

Has the All-Knowing and Almighty StatTiger finally revealed his secret to his superhuman knowledge? :D:P

Archived