How To Use The Tools On This Message Board

Weegle777

I have a request for AUDomination or any Admin or Moderator that is in the know. Could you guys please post a "How-To Guide" on how to use the various tools at the top of the reply page? I am talking about the tools on how to make text move, how to highlight text, and the other cool things up top. I haven't seen a thread explaining the stuff up there and it would be helpful to those of us that could be using those tools but don't know how.  Thanks guys!  :wareagle:

glow.gif(glow) =[glow=red,2,300]text[/glow]

shadow.gif(shadow) = [shadow=red,left]text [/shadow]

move.gif(scroll) =

[move]text[/move]

size.gif(font size) = text or text you want.

sup.gif(super script) Texttext

sub.gif(subscript) = texttext

tele.gif(typewriter font) [tt]text[/tt]

quote.gif(quote) =

text

list.gif(insert list) =

• text
  • text
  • text

Just double click on what ever text you want to work on and click the picture of the tool you want to use.  This works for all except the "list" tool.  On that one, you need to place each line of your list in between the (li)(li).  With the font size tool, you will need to change the default "size=10" to what ever size you want.  It will appear as, (size=10pt)(/size). The parentheses I used in the examples will appear as [brackets] in your post. Hope this helps, if not, ask more questions. :we:

img.gif(picture) = 462797_manilow_160.jpg

url.gif(hyperlink) = http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=38785.0

email.gif(insert Email)

ftp.gif(insert FTP link)

For the picture, highlight the "image url" and click on the picture button.  For the hyperlink, highlight the url, and click the hyperlink button.

:'(  :laugh: What about the pinwheel looking symbol next to the pic posting symbol?

flash.gif(flash) = Mods only

Isn't this flash used for embedding video?

yes

Below is s a link to the posting help section. There's a help link at the top of the message boards that covers many topics.

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?action=help;page=post

Awesome! Thanks Dom. Is the flash option to embed videos disabled? And if so, why? Just curious. It would make posting videos seem better than with just a hyperlink. Thanks again!  :thumbsup:

Below is s a link to the posting help section. There's a help link at the top of the message boards that covers many topics.

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?action=help;page=post

Awesome! Thanks Dom. Is the flash option to embed videos disabled? And if so, why? Just curious. It would make posting videos seem better than with just a hyperlink. Thanks again!  :thumbsup:

Again, yes.  :-\  As of now, mods are the only ones allowed to embed videos.

It's a security risk, mostly because it allows users to post more than just YouTube videos.

It's a security risk, mostly because it allows users to post more than just YouTube videos.

That makes perfect sense to me. Wait a minute....if it's a security risk, then why is Bird allowed to use it?  ;D:laugh::tease: I owed you that one O' Giant Yeller One for that Manilow pic!

The same security risk as posting pictures?  Is there anyway to make it where we can only post youtube videos? 

Just curious, I have no wish to post videos anyways

The same security risk as posting pictures?  Is there anyway to make it where we can only post youtube videos? 

Just curious, I have no wish to post videos anyways

I would have to write some code that would allow you to embed flash content if and only if it's a YouTube video. I've been extremely busy lately, but I'll try to work on it when I get a chance.

Archived