Bammer tries in vain to

Shug2003

I have watched with a great deal of interest over the last 20 years while Bammer has stumbled, bumbled and dropped the ball in picking head coaches. It's sad and it's funny at the same time. The bottom line is the red-neck fan base is so spoiled they cannot or will not deal with the fact that there is NOT another Bear out there, period! Moreover, they have reduced their school to a revolving door for head coaches and diminished the attractiveness of the job greatly for prospective coaches. They have a smart, young, energetic young coach now who WILL learn and who WILL recruit and eventually WILL win. Is that good enough? No! They will hound the poor guy to death and eventually run him off and then start over again. Meanwhile, Auburn will be stable, recruit well, beat their A$$e$ and move in as the top school in the state. Hell, it's already happened in case they haven't noticed. May those people like Phyllis from Mulga and Shaun from Center Point rule forever because they are the kind of trash that keeps the Bammer program in the Crapper. WDE! :D:au:

shug, recent history shows that we have a bad habit of putting our head up our butts whenever the table is set for the pickings....look back at the times they have screwed up and we come back a little while later and done something stupid to let them get back into the fray......tater had the chance to bury them and look at his shennanigans....if the damn dumbass leadership at AU will get behind coach tubs, the biggest opportunity yet, is at hand.....if bammer's season continues downward the rest of the year and ours continues in an upward direction, recruitig this year will be a bloodbath for bammer.....between ed richardson and the trustees,anything is liable to happen and not necessarily all of it good

Well gosh Shug....seems like AU has had some of the same problems...

What about Tater Tot? hmmmm? How bout the plane trip to Louisville last year?

Laugh all you want but Franchione was a good coach. He screwed us and used alabama's pub to get ahead, but it wasnt a bad selection. Say what you want about Dubose, he won us an SEC championship...something AU is still trying to get post Dye.

I don't know anyone who is calling for Shula's head. Yeah there are some irrational ones out there who dont know what the hell they are talking about...but if you think they are what truly represents alabama fans...i guess i could judge AU by the idiots who call finebaum as well.

Keep laughing. You haven't even beaten us this year yet...

it's just a matter of time....you can pencil a bog ole "L"in by that game....with your offense,led by marc gilligan, you won't ******* score against AU this year....hell boy, you ain't beat kentucky, yet

Its just interesting how little time it takes to see people get a superiority complex.

109243[/snapback]

No joke, BG. While I am one of the biggest :au::homer: 's out there, I will say that's its too early in the season for us to be talking serious smack to the Bama fans. Serious smack should be reserved for Nov. 21st.

WAR EAGLE!!! :au:

No joke, BG.  While I am one of the biggest  :au:   :homer: 's out there, I will say that's its too early in the season for us to be talking serious smack to the Bama fans.  Serious smack should be reserved for Nov. 21st.

WAR EAGLE!!! :au:

109253[/snapback]

Yeah I think people forget anything can happen at anytime in the Iron Bowl, so I will save it for after we beat UAT.

Serious smack? Is that an oxymoron or what? Btw, it's not smack ... it's bragging rights and by my recollection, the 366 days from last year's win haven't yet expired. The bammie nation would do well to recall the smack down they received last year 'cause this year's contest is shaping up to be one they're going to want to forget. :au: WDE

I have watched with a great deal of interest over the last 20 years while Bammer has stumbled, bumbled and dropped the ball in picking head coaches. It's sad and it's funny at the same time. The bottom line is the red-neck fan base is so spoiled they cannot or will not deal with the fact that there is NOT another Bear out there, period! Moreover, they have reduced their school to a revolving door for head coaches and diminished the attractiveness of the job greatly for prospective coaches. They have a smart, young, energetic young coach now who WILL learn and who WILL recruit and eventually WILL win. Is that good enough? No!  They will hound the poor guy to death and eventually run him off and then start over again. Meanwhile, Auburn will be stable, recruit well, beat their A$$e$ and move in as the top school in the state. Hell, it's already happened in case they haven't noticed. May those people like Phyllis from Mulga and Shaun from Center Point rule forever because they are the kind of trash that keeps the Bammer program in the Crapper. WDE! :D  :au:

109224[/snapback]

The problem with bama football is we have fans who are ROLL TIDE to the bone when we are winning, but blast every move the coach makes when we are losing. Kinda like you do......

It is hard for me to believe that TT can coach at Texas A&M, Mississippi and Miami prior to coming to AU and still be as stupid as he appears. Perhaps he is a good DC and nothing more!  When you think of all the dumb plays he has called over the past 5 years, the stupid decisions of Coordinators, the failure to develop what is generally conceded to be top talent, it is freakin unbelievable!  What is just as unbelievable is his emotion or lack thereof until his ass is in a DEEP CRACK. He has seemed to aloof to his situation that Saturday night just proved that he has just now realized he is in SERIOUS trouble. In my judgement, Beating the Turds will probably not save his job now, unlike previous years. Nobody has any faith in him and nobody believes his "spins" anymore. He is just an overpaid, inferior coach whose time has come. Only thing I hate the turblence we are going to have to face now. It's not going to be pretty.  Oh yet, ESPN was making an obvious "pitch" for recruits to turn to the Tide now that probation is over along with Namath leading the way. Whew!!!!!!! Here we go again!

Put down the stones, before you get hurt. :ua:

Its just interesting how little time it takes to see people get a superiority complex.

109243[/snapback]

"Little time"? How about since Bryant (remember him?) Auburn LEADS THE SERIES.

"Little time"? How about when we beat Alabama this year--and we will--we will LEAD THE SERIES FOR THE LAST 25 YEARS.

It isn't a superiority complex: it's superiority.

109243[/snapback]

"Little time"? How about since Bryant (remember him?) Auburn LEADS THE SERIES.

"Little time"? How about when we beat Alabama this year--and we will--we will LEAD THE SERIES FOR THE LAST 25 YEARS.

It isn't a superiority complex: it's superiority.

109287[/snapback]

Forgot to mention that Auburn led the pre-Bryant series, too.

with those kind of facts, i guess i'd be pining away for the ole bear, too. anyone ever stopped to wonder what it would be like if Bear's nickname had been something else...maybe like Pig or Worm? think about it....

ct

Laugh all you want but Franchione was a good coach. He screwed us and used alabama's pub to get ahead, but it wasnt a bad selection. Say what you want about Dubose, he won us an SEC championship...something AU is still trying to get post Dye.

I don't know anyone who is calling for Shula's head. Yeah there are some irrational ones out there who dont know what the hell they are talking about...but if you think they are what truly represents alabama fans...i guess i could judge AU by the idiots who call finebaum as well.

109237[/snapback]

The alarm clock has gone off. :o You have really overslept! :no: WAKE UP!!

What the hell kind of stat is that? Bryant coached for like 20 percent of our entire football history.

109311[/snapback]

Not sure what you're asking, BG, but look at the title of this thread.

You have a point. Last year and the Bowden incident haven't been our brightest moments. No Auburn fan will deny that. Problems just seem to be larger at Bama because the Bama-Nation still denies their current state of mediocrity (at best). Admit it or not, Bama is hooked on finding another Bear Bryant.

Laugh all you want but Franchione was a good coach. He screwed us and used alabama's pub to get ahead, but it wasnt a bad selection.

He certainly appears to be a great coach. Wasn't it Coach Fran that allowed OU to hang 77 on A&M last year? Coach Fran leaving was a blessing in disguise. You think Brodie could've been a quality player running the option?

Say what you want about Dubose, he won us an SEC championship...something AU is still trying to get post Dye.

What did he do without Shaun Alexander?

I know a lot of Bama fans that are calling for Shula's head, not all "irrational ones." Bama fans are the most fickle I've ever seen (with the obvious exception of a lot of AU fans last year/this year). One minute they love the guy but as soon as he slips up, axe him. Shula will never be given the opportunity to mature into a solid coach at Bama because he hasn't already won an SEC championship. He was handed a program in complete shambles. He had a very limited time to prepare his players and install his offense last year and this year he's suffering from the lack of depth from scholarship sanctions he had nothing to do with. And you're right, we haven't beat Bama this year but Arkansas and South Carolina did. Who has beat AU this year?

I really don't know how my post turned into a "who's going to win the Bammer game" or "look at AU's problems." My original post was valid in terms of the number of Head Coaches Bammer has had since Bear. i.e. Stallings, Dubose, Perkins, Curry, Fran, Price and now Shula. Have I forgotten one? That's an average of one new coach every two years. During that time period, we had Tiny Tot, Dye and Tuberville. Yes, our higher-up's did pull some boneheaded acts and made some stupid decisions, but so have Mal Moore, Paul Bryant Jr. and others at the Capstone who "run the show." Our stupidity is only surpassed by theirs in recent years. (Which was my original point) It's also fair to say that the majority of Bammers have NOT been satisfied with any of these coaches because of their records of won/loss records OR some stupid act. (Price) Anyone on the board who actually believes that Bammer would ever be satisfied with anything less than a 9-10 win season and a major bowl and a contention for the MNC is being less than truthful. Have we been satisfied with less to give a coach time to build our program. YES!!!! (another point made) They are a spoiled group of fans who expect and demand miracles and appear to accept nothing less. The Bammer fan who stated that the majority of Bammer fans want to give Shula time is inaccurate. The truth is, those who made the decision to hire him and invested the $$$$$$$ are the ones who are willing to be patient. They realize that Alabama has become a revolving door for coaches (due to unrealistic expectations and demands of their fans) and the result has been that Bammer has slipped from the position of once being a Coache's dream job. The pressure is too great there.

Yes, we have tended to self-destruct at a time when in-state superiority seemed ours for the taking but some of that probably had something to do with Bammer too. I don't believe that every time we come so close and something happens is a coincidence despite our stupid leadership. i.e. Housel, Martin, Franklin, Lowder, et. al.

There are powers that be in this state who loathe the idea of Auburn becoming the dominant program in the state and will do almost anything to prevent it. Even the media, who sucks up to Bammer has their own agenda to promote Bammer over Auburn because it is the state university.

We MUST be vigilant against cheating and other violations because believe me, there are MANY in the wings who would jump at the idea of "Putting us in our place again." I believe that Auburn is on their way up, but MUST guard against complacency and stupidity. WDE! :au::cheer:

Admit it or not, Bama is hooked on finding another Bear Bryant.

Isn't everyone? So now we suck because we are trying to find someone comparable to one of the greatest coaches in history? geez so shoot me....

Wasn't it Coach Fran that allowed OU to hang 77 on A&M last year?

Mack brown gave up like 65...and wins 10 games almost every year...something your boy has yet to do. I dont see your point.

What did he do without Shaun Alexander?

Interesting, since he was only there one year without Shaun Alexander. What has tuberville done in the years that Carnell hasn't been there? Geez he's such a crappy coach...he didnt win anything without carnell....yall should probably fire him.

Who has beat AU this year?

Well, you beat LSU by 1 point...UGA beat em by 29...guess they are 28 points better than AU. They beat USC by 4, we lost by 17. So thats a 21 point swing...so i guess we are 7 points better than Auburn. Isn't that how it works?

Anyone on the board who actually believes that Bammer would ever be satisfied with anything less than a 9-10 win season and a major bowl and a contention for the MNC is being less than truthful.

Oh well...i guess we suck because we have high standards. Welcome to alabama football...

The whole "giving your coach time" thing is a joke. You and I both know Tuberville didnt do a job well enough to earn his salary last year. Or the year before that. If you think Tubbs wouldn't have been fired last year had he lost to bama...you are kidding yourself.

Well, you beat LSU by 1 point...UGA beat em by 29...guess they are 28 points better than AU. They beat USC by 4, we lost by 17. So thats a 21 point swing...so i guess we are 7 points better than Auburn. Isn't that how it works?

:blink: bammie logic at it's finest.

Oh well...i guess we suck because we have high standards. Welcome to alabama football...

High standards??!! Pfffttt. No, y'all suck because you are uat in 2004: you have a marginal HC who's made some boneheaded gaffes both on & off the field who was selected by racist morons more because of his surname than his coaching ability; you have a delusional fan base that makes all the Jim Jones' followers look fiercely independent (e.g witness the serious talk about "being 7-0 heading into the UT game" & the sincerely posted poll questions about uat beating LSU in BR this year Link); you're on probation and just now beginning to understand what the NCAA sanctions are all about (a few years behind the rest of college football fandom but better late than never, right?); uat is so bad this year, some people are picking Kentucky this week. Get the picture? Face it, BG, uat sucks. Cheer up, though ... at least you have tradishun going for ya. :D WDE :au:

:blink: bammie logic at it's finest.

High standards??!! Pfffttt. No, y'all suck because you are uat in 2004: you have a marginal HC who's made some boneheaded gaffes both on & off the field who was selected by racist morons more because of his surname than his coaching ability; you have a delusional fan base that makes all the Jim Jones' followers look fiercely independent (e.g witness the serious talk about "being 7-0 heading into the UT game" & the sincerely posted poll questions about uat beating LSU in BR this year Link); you're on probation and just now beginning to understand what the NCAA sanctions are all about (a few years behind the rest of college football fandom but better late than never, right?); uat is so bad this year, some people are picking Kentucky this week. Get the picture? Face it, BG, uat sucks. Cheer up, though ... at least you have tradishun going for ya. :D WDE :au:

109563[/snapback]

The 7-0 going into Tenn week was predicted before Croyle went down. If Croyle plays in both Ark and SC games, I think we stood a great chance at winning both.

This entire thread was started laughing about the fickle fans of UA, when in fact, it wasn't just a year ago when MANY, and I do mean MANY(including the person that started this thread) was second, and third quessing Coach Tuberville. Again, MANY wanted him gone, until he beat bama. Now, after starting 5-0, you guys just sit and bask in the glory of all that is Tuberville. The funny thing is, it would only take losses to Ark and Georgia for more than 50% of this board to be calling for Tuberville to be gone again. Face it, our fans are a lot more of the same, than different.

(1) The 7-0 going into Tenn week was predicted before Croyle went down.  If Croyle plays in both Ark and SC games, I think we stood a great chance at winning both. 

(2) This entire thread was started laughing about the fickle fans of UA, when in fact, it wasn't just a year ago when MANY, and I do mean MANY(including the person that started this thread) was second, and third quessing Coach Tuberville.  Again, MANY wanted him gone, until he beat bama.  Now, after starting 5-0, you guys just sit and bask in the glory of all that is Tuberville.  The funny thing is, it would only take losses to Ark and Georgia for more than 50% of this board to be calling for Tuberville to be gone again.  Face it, our fans are a lot more of the same, than different.

109565[/snapback]

(1) Thanks for proving my point with your reply, tf24. Which flavor is your personal favorite: grape or cherry? :no:

(2) Wrong again. The vast majority of AU people wanted CTT to get a new OC, especially after the poor start to last season. Many people speculated that he would be fired after the UGA game, true -- myself included. But guessing he would be fired and actually wanting him fired are two different things. I suspect (don't know for sure) that the majority of AU people did not want CTT fired. Witness the absolute revolt by the alumni & fans over the heavy-handed attempt by the administration to get rid of CTT in the jetgate affair. You flatter yourself when you say it was only because of the win over uat that AU people wanted to keep CTT. (Why am I not surprised?) AU people like what CTT has brought to the program in his 5 years here: stability. Try to use that word in a sentence about the uat program without cracking up. ( :lol: )

If you can find an AU equivalent to Shane from Centerpoint or Phylliss from Mulga, point them out. Our fans are light years apart from your fans and that is a fact. WDE :au:

Archived