For those of you who think

jc4tigers

"They are really a dangerous team.  They're a very, very good offensive football team," said Chizik. "Everybody knows about their tailback (Ryan Moats).  He's the real deal.  He can play at any level. He is the best running back we've faced up to this point this year in my opinion.  He's rushing for 185 yards a game and when he gets his hands on the football, it's dangerous at all times.  That's going to be the target of what we're trying to do this week.  We need to stop him and then we have to stop all the play actions and boots off what they do with him. 

"Their offensive line makes holes for him.  He's got great vision- they don't even have to make holes.  They do a nice job for him, but even when it's not there, he makes positive things out of potentially negative situations.  It's going to be a tough football game.  It's going to be a knock-down, drag out fight.  It will have to be the best tackling job we've done all year."

I think that :au: is going to be ready for this one... as scary as La Tech can be...I really think we are not overlooking this one... it's ok to relax just a bit.

Something that caught my eye was that before facing Moats, Fresno State had just put the quash on Sproles--I think they held him to 20-odd yards.

I know it's hard to extrapolate beyond one team, but to me that was noteworthy.

Archived