HS football

MrMoJo

I know there's a big high school game in B'ham tonite with Hoover vs Mtn Brook

My two sons play for Grissom and had a big win over Bob Jones last nite 7-0. We started out 0-3 but can beat Austin and Florence and make the playoffs! They stopped Bob Jones on 4th and one on the goal line to seal the deal.

My son's old teamates are:

Jason Swain WR Tennessee 1st team Freshman SEC Team 2003

Jon Summerall starting LB and 2nd leading tackler for Kentucky

Jarret Humphrey DE Memphis

Jason Bosley redshirt OL Auburn

Davis Manning redshirt QB Louisville

Many, many others in lower divisions

This is my senior, I guess I'm proud http://tigerfootball.org/openrealty/listin...hp?listingID=55

A group of about 25 drunk Vol fans hit him with a water ballon before the game and I had to physically hold him back from going in the crowd for some major whup-ass.

My sophmore is in the list, too .... his coach says he will be good enough to play for Auburn....thought some of you might follow high school ball, I do

I follow HS football at the other end of the state and try to get to a game each week. It seems to be better down here than in years past. At first glance, your son looks a little like Emilio Estevez in that picture. He doesn't get many calls from the ladies, does he? :P

I may not have read far enough but has he been getting some offers?

I follow HS football at the other end of the state and try to get to a game each week.  It seems to be better down here than in years past.  At first glance, your son looks a little like Emilio Estevez in that picture.  He doesn't get many calls from the ladies, does he?  :P

I may not have read far enough but has he been getting some offers?

109484[/snapback]

I'm with you, AUesquire. I am admittedly not up to date on high school football north of Montgomery. My beloved Enterprise Wildcats lost their first game of the season last week. If we had to lose to one team, I am glad it was Auburn! Football is definitely picking back up down here. It's about time!

...supperclub. my old high school, smiths station, plays enterpise. i'm not looking forward to the game because sshs is having a down here. sshs' jump from 5A to 6A has been a learning experience to say the least. plus the region that enterprise and sshs is in is very competitive. well good luck for the rest the season and here's to hoping sshs gives ehs a good game.

I saw E'prise play earlier this year and their QB was one of the things I was referring to when I said the talent level is up a bit. This guy (Robert Brooks, I think) throws all the passes and throws them beautifully. He can stand in the pocket and deliver and has great touch.

Not sure how big he is cause' I couldn't tell from the stands. Looked to be about 6'. My brother-in-law coaches at Daleville and I'm going to their game tonight. They're real average by their usual standards.

For the first time in years we actually have a good, well-rounded football team. Anytime a school jumps up a division there is going to be an adjustment. I look for SSHS to be a tough game. They are no push-over. Good luck to you for the rest of the season as well, and here's looking to a hard fought game in the future!

Robert Brooks is a Junior, and he is having a great season. He can run the ball and break tackles with the best of them! I would venture to say he is the reason we have seen so much improvement. Our coach has our players on one heck of a workout regiment, too.

Archived