DAMNIT,you people had better read this

tombigbeetiger

i have been emailing the AU administration and raising hell ever since last year about how business has been and is being conducted concerning coach tuberville....i sat down yesterday and emailed coach tubs and thanked him for conducting himself in the class manner that he has during the idiotic debacle....i just recieved an email from him and this really stuck out......."I LOVE AUBURN,MY FAMILY LOVES AUBURN AND MY COACHES LOVE AUBURN AND ALL WE WANT IS FOR SOMEONE IN THE ADMINISTRATION TO SAY WE WANT YOU AT AUBURN. HOPEFULLY THAT WILL HAPPEN SOON AND ALL THE RUMORS WILL GO AWAY.THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT.WAR EAGLE

i don't know about you guys,but that sounds a hell of a lot less than a reassuring statement....i might suggest that if you,like me,want to keep coach tubs then you might want to light up the keys on your keyboard and heat up the phones lines to ed richardson and anyone else that might be of influence....i'm not gifted enough be able to use all of the functions of this machine or the message board to cut and paste and all the wonderful things that some of you can do,so i can't move this to the other boards and ask members of them to do the same thing....it's time for action....the sooner ed richardson goes out to pasture, the better off this university will be....send those cards and letters and ring that phone off the wall....i can't believe the buffoons in the AU administration....i just can't believe it

Wow, that great CTT emailed you like that. Maybe they'll shut up about the stuff and say they are behind him. That would go a long way in recruiting.

I thought we just got a statement from Richardson about how proud he is and how he will be rewarded and all that. Is there something more he can do? I mean, when you perform well (or as expected) on your job, does your boss promise you the world, or even that you have a job and his support for a minimum of 10 years, or something.

I'm a Tuberville fan.

we have a chance to bury bammer for the immediate future....we have had the opportunity to do that before and just pissed it away by sheer stupidity.....there is a recruiting bonanza to be reaped if everything continues as it is....we are so close to being back to the bigtime that i am beginning to get uncomfortable about something happening again to screw it up....even pat dye said that last saturday, AU was the best coached team that he had ever seen....for him to say that,was meaningful to the nth degree

I just send this letter to the president:

I sincerely hope that you will publicly give more solid support to coach Tuberville in the very near future.

In the midst of one of Auburn’s best seasons in the last 10 years, I am VERY FRUSTRATED by continually hearing in the national media (ESPN, etc.) of the failed coup on coach Tuberville last year and your statements that his job is not secure prior to the LSU game this year.

We should be taking tremendous advantage of the great national exposure this season is giving us for recruiting and to promote Auburn University in general. This should be a time of coming together and putting some real distance between our program and Alabama’s.

Please get with Coach Tuberville during the off week and work out some type of contract extension that is mutually beneficial to Auburn and coach Tuberville and make a joint announcement.

Not doing so only gives those who want to harm Auburn more ammunition, and we have loaded their guns for them enough last year.

Name

BSEE

Class of 1984

Tom.... you are right on. Its not only Richardson we have to be concerned with, but there are maybe two or three on the BOT that probably just cringe every time Auburn wins. I guess they are worried that Tuberville will gain too much power if he continues to win big.

Archived