AU vs uaT TV

WarEagle_57

Well every year, the senior class or Athens Bible goes on the famou "senior trip" up through yank-e-ville. The problem is, for some reason, the only time our principal will let us do it, happens to interfere with a very important part of college football season. They normally are gone for the UGA game, and get back the DAY OF the iron bowl. (after driving all night) I was strongly considering just not going, but decided it would probably be somethig i'd regret later on. Well anyway, turns out that THIS year, we will be here for the UGA game. :D But will be gone for the Iron Bowl.... :angry: Good because I will get to go to probably the biggest game of the year, bad because we will be in NY for the senior trip. But this is still a better situation. Alabama and Auburn fans unite in the senior class of ABS, and myself along with the biggest alabama fan of our class, calmly explained to our yankee principal the significance of seeing this game. So we got him to cancell the NBA game scheduled for that night. (thank goodness) So we thought we were set. But about a month later, while we are going over the schedule for the trip, he is telling the parents what he has done about this, and proceeds to tell us about that day. He said we'll go to some museum and then come back to the hotel and watch the game. Then he says "that will be at what time? Does anyone know yet?" And someone says "probably about 7 on ESPN. "ok, so about 7." But I had looked into the schedule for that day and told him that it is very possible that it may be the 3:30 CBS game. And he said "well, i guess you can see MOST of it. I think the museum is a little more important." :blink::thumbsdown::banghead::eek2: *sigh* We are goign to try and talk some reason to this guy again...but I don't know what good that will do. My question is, what do you think the chances are that the Iron Bowl will get the ESPN spot? I'm thinking not good. Here is the schedule for the day.

Auburn at Alabama - we had assumed this would be on ESPN as bad as uat was playing, but then i went and look at the other games.

Arkansas at Mississippi State - no way a MSU game gets on CBS

Florida at Florida State - It's AT FSU, i don't think CBS can take this game can they?

Ole Miss at LSU - Again, I don't see them putting an Ole Miss game on.

South Carolina at Clemson - AT Clemson. Also don't think CBS has the rights to this game.

Tennessee at Vanderbilt - Ha, yeah right.

Doesn't look good I'm afraid. Guess I better find me a good pocket portable tv <_<

:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

WE57: I don't feel so good Mr. Yankee.

Mr. Y: Yeah, you don't look good. Why don't you stay here at the hotel today.

WE57: If you say so... :puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

Problem solved! Well, you'll have to produce the :puke: yourself. :big:

Ha, we actually already thought of that. He's not an idiot. I figure he'll put 2 y 2 together. I guess we could always just say "ok, give us our 600 dollars back, we aren't going"

Ha, he also was going to rent us a room and big screen tv to watch it on when he thought it was at night. Ain't gonna happen. We have been writing up rules about seperating AU and uat fans into seperate rooms, and rules about gloating afterwards and all.

i am in no way suggesting anything, but

didn't we have a thread (a long time ago) on how to make yourself barf? seems i remember there were several good tried & true methods....

Iron Bowl NOT on CBS? lol I doubt it. Just because UA is down right now doesn't mean it won't be the most watched game of the day!

Iron Bowl NOT on CBS? lol I doubt it. Just because UA is down right now doesn't mean it won't be the most watched game of the day!

109770[/snapback]

hasnt it been on espn the last 3 or 4 times anyway. i just hope they televise it. if bama gets any worse they may put us on jp at 11:00.

Archived