I guess you learn something new everyday

SouthLink02

Southlink,

It's the nature of the beast in the SEC. You can go from the mountain to the valley in one week. This is the very reason why I'm concerned about :arky: and their two weeks to prepare for :au: .

I was shocked that :ut: defense could hold :uga: offense in check the way they did. I thought :ut: would bounce back but still thought that :uga: would win by 10-14. There are a lot of games left to be played and I have a feeling that we will all see some strange twists before a SEC Champion is crowned.

WDE

I didn't see this coming either. But, Ainge's play this week is still characteristic of a freshman sensation: looks good one week, has a bad game against a good team the next, plays near perfect the next week. Makes you wonder who's going to show up in the future. After watching the game, I thought some of UGA's inconsistencies of this season were finally catching up to them. Don't get me wrong, they still are a very talented team. But last week LSU kept shooting themselves in the foot and UGA would capitalize. As great as Greene & Co. were last week, it makes you wonder how much of that big win was due to LSU just collapsing & giving up.

I believed that UGA had gotten on track after the LSU game. However, this was UGA's revenge game from losing twice last year to LSU. In fact, now I don't see UGA being the team I though they were going to be. They have looked marginal all year except for the LSU game. Lots of talent but just not playing well as a team.

LSU thought the AU game was a fluke and has not been focused except for us and now Florida. After all, they beat AU and are off to Atlanta.

It now looks to me that AU and LSU are the two best teams in the SEC at midseason. LSU has been looking at their headlines like we did last year. I think we will see a much different LSU team the rest of the season. Arky and UGA will be up for AU now. No sneaking up after the Tenn game. We could still have two loses.

UAT is just not a good team again this year, one dimensional offense. Our D will shut them down unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat. Has anyone noticed that our Defense is the best in the league?

Has anyone noticed that our Defense is the best in the league?

Duuuuuude....you can't say that yet...Alabama actually has like the 2nd best rated D in the nation...the two tds we gave up to USC were after turnovers gave them the ball on the 10.

Im not saying AU DOESNT have the best...im just saying you cant say that without equivocation just yet.

I think dropped passes lost the game for UGA...not DG

Key to the game was UT was able to slow the run and pressure Green without support. That allowed them to play a variety of zone coverages. Both teams receivers dropped balls. The online allowed only a partial sack not many hurries and produced some holes for the running game. Actually, if UGA's defense had not made some crutial short yardage stops it would not have been that close.

David Greene, why havent u improved since 2002?

Now you understand why we didn't recruit Greene very hard back in 2000, we knew we had the right one in Campbell. David really wanted to come here, but we had him playing long snapper (he has good hands) and he decided to go to UGAy where he could start.

UGA look good, scratch that VERY good last weekend in the blowout of LSU. However the LSU game was emotion just plan emotion its was a UGA team taking out all its anger from last year in one game. I am not discounting them in anyway I know UGA has the talent to beat ANYONE, but with all the talk of how suspect the team was looking after the first few games, is it total out of the question to think UGA won that one just on emotion. I dont think so, let UGA come out and blast UT like they did LSU, then we can say UGA has made a recovery. Till then I there is the chance a backed up UT team can beat UGA. I dont think they will but I just cant say UGA is back to where they want to be. To much emotion was in the LSU game for that. Like they say emotion can only last you so long, we find out a lot about UGA this weekend.

I knew there was a chance UGA wasn't as good as it seemed after the LSU game but I really didnt think UT could beat them. It really is a shame I was looking forward to seeing two 9-0 teams go at it come Nov. but oh well the game still should be good any way.

Well no. If someone said David Greene didn't have one single "good" throw last night....I would somewhat agree. Even during several of his catches in the 2nd half....they were far from accurate. Christ, if Brown hadn't made 2 spectacular catches....we dont have a chance to score on either drive.

As for the game not being close thanks to short-yardage stops...that is ridiculous. I could pin-point several calls/instances where UGA could have gotten ahead/pulled away....90 yard punt return called back? And so forth

Whatd you think of that pass interference call against UGA on UT's 2nd TD drive?

It was BLATANTLY offensive PI...but then again, AU fans know about PI calls in UT's favor this year...

Calls went both ways. We did NOT lose the game because of them. Let me just say that first.

But are you kidding me on some of them? The ref was standing right there....a UT fan on the SEC board said our CB hooked him before it but I still dont see where he did that....give me a break.

Im not saying AU DOESNT have the best...im just saying you cant say that without equivocation just yet.

:fish::cry3::cry3::cry3: u:ua:t

:big::big::big:

dude . southlink . .that picture is fantastic. . .

110087[/snapback]

I would have to agree.

Well no. If someone said David Greene didn't have one single "good" throw last night....I would somewhat agree. Even during several of his catches in the 2nd half....they were far from accurate. Christ, if Brown hadn't made 2 spectacular catches....we dont have a chance to score on either drive.

As for the game not being close thanks to short-yardage stops...that is ridiculous. I could pin-point several calls/instances where UGA could have gotten ahead/pulled away....90 yard punt return called back? And so forth

110031[/snapback]

Man, it is seldom a one man loss. THe whole team and staff are all involved.

I am not saying Greene was the only reason whatsoever. Pointing out that it was quite a huge factor. OL played poorly along with several other problems

You forgot about the Riggs fumble where he clearly was down, the last reception by Gibson where he clearly did not get out of bounds setting up the last play, on and on and on and on.

Has anyone noticed that our Defense is the best in the league?

Duuuuuude....you can't say that yet...Alabama actually has like the 2nd best rated D in the nation...the two tds we gave up to USC were after turnovers gave them the ball on the 10.

109895[/snapback]

I wondered how long this would take. UAT pounds a completely inept wildcat team and now they are back in the NC hunt! For your sake, and UAT's, you better have the BEST defense in the country. Look at your schedule and find a win, from here out. :no::no::no::no::no:

You forgot about the Riggs fumble where he clearly was down, the last reception by Gibson where he clearly did not get out of bounds setting up the last play, on and on and on and on.

110131[/snapback]

Actually I would like to hear the on and on and on.....Gibson had a first down so the clock would have stopped either way.

Did you guys think the first down measurement by the officials...which was obviously short...in the waning seconds of the game was fishy? The spot was at least a good yard from the marker.

Even the announcer questioned the call for measurement.

I was very surpised that UGA did not come out of that game with a win just because how UT played us in Knoxville and that they were travelling for the first time, much less to an SEC stadium. I can't wait to watch the replay on CSS tonight so I can see the whole game and make my own assessments.

Archived