All of a sudden it's UT v/s Auburn again

Thanos

Everyone and there Mama(including me) was rushing into the UGA v/s Auburn game.Now the line backer from the hills who said "we'll be seeing them again" doesn't look so ingorant....he might be seeing Auburn again...question is does he want to.?..I'm glad UT beat the dogs and I'm glad we'll play them again instead of UGA twice,because I know we can beat them again.I smell something cooking.....SECC and maybe something more...

and don't give me this don't look to far ahead thing....because college football was made to look far ahead. :):au:

Everyone and there Mama(including me) was rushing into the UGA v/s Auburn game.Now the line backer from the hills who said "we'll be seeing them again" doesn't look so ingorant....he might be seeing Auburn again...question is does he want to.?..I'm glad UT beat the dogs and I'm glad we'll play them again instead of UGA twice,because I know we can beat them again.I smell something cooking.....SECC and maybe something more...

and don't give me this don't look to far ahead thing....because college football was made to look far ahead. :)   :au:

109849[/snapback]

UF is toast with 2 losses. UGA's loss to UT is devastating. UGA will be toast too with one more loss, and they still have to play @Arky, UF & @AU. UT is in the driver's seat in the East. They only have to win out to go to the SECCG and if you look at the rest of their conference games: Ole Miss, allerbammie, S. Carolina, Vandy & Kentucky ... I just don't see a loss happening.

and don't give me this don't look to far ahead thing....because college football was made to look far ahead. :)   :au:

109849[/snapback]

UF is toast with 2 losses. UGA's loss to UT is devastating. UGA will be toast too with one more loss, and they still have to play @Arky, UF & @AU. UT is in the driver's seat in the East. They only have to win out to go to the SECCG and if you look at the rest of their conference games: Ole Miss, allerbammie, S. Carolina, Vandy & Kentucky ... I just don't see a loss happening.

109851[/snapback]

i was wondering if UT had to play arkansas or not...apparently not. so, their regular West opponent is alabama, and their two rotating ones are ole miss and auburn this year. i imagine USC is their only chance at tripping up now.

AND, if UGA loses to florida like they always do, then it won't matter anyway.

UT/AU again, baby!

ct

Yes we are in the drivers seat and yes we would like another crack at AU. Will be able to keep it on the road? I don't know but it should be exciting. Yes also we want a crack at AU again, meaning we want to be in the championship game. Your team is handsdown better, already proven, at this moment. The Vols are very talented but very young. I have seen a lot of progression between games in terms of how these young guys make the reads and adjust positions. Win or lose the East this team still has a lot of room for improvement over the balance of the schedule. The team played an inspired game this weekend but UGA may have been too highly rated. Here we come freshmen QB's and all!

Congrats on the win over LaTech. Didn't look like it was much of a game! UGA and UF are going to need to crack it up a few notches to have any chance against you this season. I would be satidfied if you hung a couple big L's on their asses!

Heres to everybody beating Bama! :big:

So if Auburn defeats Arkansas Saturday, we play Tennessee.... this tells me a few things:

1) Ticket prices won't be AS expensive (on the street) since there won't be all the UGA fans in the Atlanta area.

2) We get a chance to shut up that Burnet kid once and for all

3) UT will come prepared. With their schedule, they can pretty much start practicing for Auburn starting today. That gives them almost 2 months to figure out our offense. They will not be putting 8 men in the box again, which allows us to run over them. The thing that scares me the most is that we stopped their freshman QBs on a Freshman day. We really haven't seen what our defense can do against them when they are on fire. All we gotta do is do what we did last week and take care of business again.

So if Auburn defeats Arkansas Saturday, we play Tennessee.... this tells me a few things:

1) Ticket prices won't be AS expensive (on the street) since there won't be all the UGA fans in the Atlanta area.

3) UT will come prepared. With their schedule, they can pretty much start practicing for Auburn starting today. That gives them almost 2 months to figure out our offense. They will not be putting 8 men in the box again,  which allows us to run over them. The thing that scares me the most is that we stopped their freshman QBs on a Freshman day. We really haven't seen what our defense can do against them when they are on fire. All we gotta do is do what we did last week and take care of business again.

109886[/snapback]

1. Wrong

2. Very right

3. They will come prepared. but they won't be preparing for us for two months.

3) UT will come prepared. With their schedule, they can pretty much start practicing for Auburn starting today. That gives them almost 2 months to figure out our offense. They will not be putting 8 men in the box again,  which allows us to run over them. The thing that scares me the most is that we stopped their freshman QBs on a Freshman day. We really haven't seen what our defense can do against them when they are on fire. All we gotta do is do what we did last week and take care of business again.

109886[/snapback]

1. Wrong

2. Very right

3. They will come prepared. but they won't be preparing for us for two months.

109888[/snapback]

ticket prices will probably be more expensive because UT and AU haven't been there in a while. also there are a ton of Auburn fans that live in the atlanta area. and uga was there the last two years. i wanted the dawgs to be undefeated when they came to play us, but i talked to my friends there, and they have basically given up. theyve seen UT's schedule and are prayin for a SC win, and that they can finally beat UF, but they know they have to win out now. anyways, WAR DAMN EAGLE! Lets just get past Arkansas.

What scares me is, to quote an old proverb, "it is hard to beat the same team twice in the same season". Yes, I know it's been done many times (i.e. last year LSU/UGA). But AU comes in knowing they killed UT in the first game. UT comes in knowing they got manhandled in the first game. UT has something to prove. AU could play off their press clippings. But I guess it's a moot point anyway. Either way (UT or UGA, we were going to have to play one or the other twice.

Just hope we're ready.

But first, we need to think about ARK.

Actually...the last 2 SECC games that had regular season rematches (LSU/UGA, UA/UF) the winner of the first won the second.

The only chance we will see anyone but UT winning the east is if Alabama beats UT in ktown...and that wont happen.

What scares me is, to quote an old proverb, "it is hard to beat the same team twice in the same season".  Yes, I know it's been done many times (i.e. last year LSU/UGA).  But AU comes in knowing they killed UT in the first game.  UT comes in knowing they got manhandled in the first game.  UT has something to prove.  AU could play off their press clippings.  But I guess it's a moot point anyway.  Either way (UT or UGA, we were going to have to play one or the other twice.

Just hope we're ready.

But first, we need to think about ARK.

109893[/snapback]

And it's interesting that in BOXING, the guy who barely loses the first fight usually gets KO'd easily in the second. We should win it (assuming we get there), but that's why they play the games. :rolleyes:

I assure you if Tennessee starts preparing for us already they'll never make it. USC's defense is good enough to give their freshmen fits. I'd much rather play UT twice than UGA. UT didn't look that impressive to me yesterday. A lot of yesterday's win was based on UGA's letdown from blowing out LSU. UGA finally believed they were legit and looked away from UT since we crushed them a week ago. I've always said UGA is over-rated but they're a much better team than what we saw yesterday.

If we get UT in Atlanta and they back their run D off, they won't have to worry about JC beating them again. Brown and Williams will torch them if they don't put 8 in the box. Ainge will be harder to rattle the second time around, but it can and will be done. Everyone remembers UA beating UF twice a few years ago, right? Just because you're favored and get a second crack at someone doesn't mean you can put a better plan together.

If our guys make it to Atlanta, they will be focused. I really believe that. I don't give a rats rear who we play if we get there. May the best team win!

The SEC is far from over. I love it that UGA is suddenly out of the mix according to the AJC and idiot-DawgVent people. That really takes off the pressure in some of the big games to come.

;)

The SEC is far from over. I love it that UGA is suddenly out of the mix according to the AJC and idiot-DawgVent people. That really takes off the pressure in some of the big games to come.

110032[/snapback]

You a big bama fan two weeks from now link? :D:P

I am telling you, BamaGrad.

Taking out UGA and LSU, I root for Alabama all the time. I think the trip to Alabama 2 years ago was my favorite road trip that year.

I just think your a little off base on a few things, which makes me critcize you and your program.

And yes, I hope you beat those over-rated vols.

110032[/snapback]

True, the SEC is far from over. However, since UT beat the other two East challengers head-to-head, the only way UGA gets to Atlanta is to win out in 3 tough match-ups (all away from the friendly Sanford Stadium confines) & have UT stumble in one of their remaining games against the dregs of the SEC. SLink, if you were ever looking for UGA to play the underDawg role ... you now have that chance in spades! :D Good luck.

This season is FAR from over. UT has to play Bama and that game is always tough. Also USC gives UT fits every year. Both of those could go against us with the youth that we have. In the SEC there is not any given except maybe Miss St.

I do hope that we can learn from this UGa win and get better as the season progresses. I hope it does turn out like this thread thinks. UT vs AU.

I do think that AU has it in the bank for the west though. I see no competition for you guys. you should be thinking NC. could happen!

Still a long way to go!! anything can happen. That is why I love college football so much.

:ut:

Someone help me refresh my memory.I know Fla has beaten Auburn twice in one year,and Bama beat Fla twice in one year,LSU did it with UGA.If I remember correctly in the history of the SECCG only one team has beaten another team after previously playing them in the regular season,and that was LSU v/s Tenn.if I remember correctly Matt Mauck came in,in the final game for Herb Tyler?,and won it for them.Someone correct me on this.Help STAT "dude".

If one were forced to bet as things now stand, the pick would have to be AU-UT. But as has been said, December is a long ways away.

UT has the potential to beat Auburn, but a lot of YOUNG folks have to click--an iffy thing in a high-pressure game. Ainge seems to be visibly improving as games go by, but he's still a freshman.

Archived