okay dudes and dudettes, is anyone going to

tombigbeetiger

be pulling for louisville thursday night?......cal almost had usc behind the 8 ball....i really was hoping texas would be okie.....i knew better than to get my hopes up.....i think we should raise our seats in a salute to ole piss and their win over s,car.....miracles do happen.....they are in 2nd place in the west....get ready for them to make some noise about how good they are........does anyone think that we might be ranked ahead of miami in either of the polls?.....i think it will be close

call me crazy but i really think ASU has a pretty good football team. the game is in LA but they have a very potent offense, i just don't know how their corners are. If there defense can step up they have as good as chance as CAL. Lets hope USC thinks they are unbeatable going into next weekend. Somebady please answer this, If AU goes undefeated and wins SEC is there any way we stay out of the NC even if USC and OU are undefeated. Everybody knows we play in a much tougher conference? If this happens I will start watching the NFL exclusively

Last night on SC they did a short segment on what the rankings should look like. Trev and Mark (yeah, I know) put us at 3rd and Miami at 4th. Their picks started getting sporatic around 8-10, so I don't know how accurate they'll be.

not that this will happen, but if 4 teams should end up undefeated, auburn, USC, oklahoma, and miami, i'd think the world would implode, first off, and 2ndly, i think USC and oklahoma would get the nod for 'the' game.

the BSC would be canned afterward, and a playoff system would be installed immediately.

$0.02 opinion.

ct

It is a sad state of affairs if this happens. No way can a team go undefeated beating most likely 4 top ten teams (1 twice) and not make it into the Championship, when USC and Oklahoma play maybe two top 25 teams all season. Shameful

Look, I am worried every saturday. We will have to play extremely well and win every game but I am just starting to think. When you play in the toughest conference in the land and you do not have control of your destiny that is extremely cheap. How do you say to these kids, fight your heart out every week and then we will allow some no-name imbicils to put SC and OU in the NC after playing 9 high school teams each.

All Auburn can do is to take care of Auburn. The Hogs are coming to town this weekend and need I remind anyone that they have beaten the crap out of us on more than one occasion when we were heavy favorites. They are a dangerous team with that big long-legged QB of theirs. Just because GA looked bad yesterday does not mean that they will not rise to the occassion when they come to the Plains. UA and OM are obviously not a good as AU but they will both play their hearts out againist us because of obvious reasons. We will likely have to play someone twice if we make the SECCG, either UT or GA, and it is very hard to beat a team twice. This is barely past the midpoint of the season and a lot of things can and will happen down the stretch. Remember, Oklahoma looked like a lock last year but KSU and LSU pushed them all over the field the last two games. SC looked invincible but Cal beat them and opened the door LSU. It is a very long time til New Years and things have a way of falling into place so that the best two teams usually get to play THE GAME. I just hope our team will keep their head out of the clouds and their nose to the grindstone. Take anyone for granted in this league and your butts are whipped. Just ask GA. All of the talking heads last week had them and us both undefeated when we play in down the road. That having been said, if AU runs the table I have no doubt whatsoever that we will be playing for the NC.

All Auburn can do is to take care of Auburn.  The Hogs are coming to town this weekend and need I remind anyone that they have beaten the crap out of us on more than one occasion when we were heavy favorites.  They are a dangerous team with that big long-legged QB of theirs.  Just because GA looked bad yesterday does not mean that they will not rise to the occassion when they come to the Plains. UA and OM are obviously not a good as AU but they will both play their hearts out againist us because of obvious reasons.  We will likely have to play someone twice if we make the SECCG, either UT or GA, and it is very hard to beat a team twice.  This is barely past the midpoint of the season and a lot of things can and will happen down the stretch.  Remember, Oklahoma looked like a lock last year but KSU and LSU pushed them all over the field the last two games.  SC looked invincible but Cal beat them and opened the door LSU.  It is a very long time til New Years and things have a way of falling into place so that the best two teams usually get to play THE GAME.  I just hope our team will keep their head out of the clouds and their nose to the grindstone.  Take anyone for granted in this league and your butts are whipped.  Just ask GA.  All of the talking heads last week had them and us both undefeated when we play in down the road.  That having been said, if AU runs the table I have no doubt whatsoever that we will be playing for the NC.

109879[/snapback]

^^ What he said man.

i ask again.....who will be pulling for louisville?....bob petrino is their coach.....they play miami thurday night.....i'm asking this for a reason....

109887[/snapback]

Personally, I always pull for Miami to lose...and Oklahoma and Southern Cal, for that matter, regardless of who they're playing (--except when they're playing Bama ;) ). I just don't much care for "dynasties" [unless, of course, CTT is starting one here] and like to see big, conceited powers get their comeuppance.

...and I'd feel the same way regardless of where Auburn was ranked or who the coach is at Louisville.

Sticking to the subject, I think Louisville has a legitimate shot at knocking them off. UM is talented. But the only true contender they've played is FSU, and that game was early in the season. And how good is FSU? Petrino has the birds playing good sound football. It should be a good game.

i ask again.....who will be pulling for louisville?....bob petrino is their coach.....they play miami thurday night.....i'm asking this for a reason....

109887[/snapback]

Cardinals all the way, baby! I want AU & Louisville to be undefeated at the end of the season to force a change in the BCS. Somebody has been repeatedly giving Miami a No. 1 vote the last couple of weeks -- ya think Larry Coker has been voting for his own team? All polls are bogus. No way in he!! anyone can say one team is better than the other if the two teams haven't played. Let them prove it on the field. Playoff is the only answer.

i can't belive cal didn't beat sc. i really thought they would win. i bet on them last year, and i didn't this year but i wanted to (i still would've won with the 8 point line). i really am shocked they didn't win that game. i thought they were a better team. i'm afraid sc going undefeated now. i really don't think ou will. miami maybe. i'm doubtful we will either, but i never pick against us (thus i can never bet on auburn sports). oh well, looking forward to the game this weekend. that's all that really matters.

Archived