Our 'lucky' breaks this year

AU4Ever

I know most of you have heard the saying, "I'd rather be lucky than good'. So looks like this team is pretty good and lucky. The pass CW took away from LSU that could and should have been an interception and possibly a TD. The extra point penalty and rekick that beat LSU. Taylor takes the ball away from the TN receiver last week to rob them of a sure interception. And Obomanu's two TD catches yesterday. On the first one, Campbell underthrew the ball. The LaTech DB looked to have a sure interception. Instead, he juggles it and Ben catches it for a TD. On the second one, Cox also underthrows the ball, the same DB cant hold on, and Ben has number two.

I've always said that good teams make their own luck. The takeaways by Taylor and CW were heads up plays by players that would not give up. The extra point retry was because of a bone headed play by LSU's Prude. AU is making these types of plays like I've never seen before. (40 years worth of saturday afternoon screaming for AU).

Except for a hard fought LSU game, AU has made this year look easy. They are confident, well coached, organized, and talented on both sides of the ball. Lets just hope it continues.

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In that 40 years of being an AU fan, that included just about all of the Bear years. I used to call it the Bammer luck. But I eventually had to admit that UA made a lot of their good fortune. And yes, if it wasn't for bad luck, UA would not have any luck at all. But then again, how much of it was and is self inflicted. Not flaming, just asking for an honest opinion.

It seems every year the team that does make it to the BIG game has luck go there way. Miami and BC a few years back, BC had them beat but threw the int at around the 5 which, Miami took back for a td to win by only a few.... maybe its our year to have the skill and the luck to make it a long way. For now however lets take our skill and luck one game at a time.

we got all the flip side of that luck to balance out the universe

109901[/snapback]

After growing up in Alabama, and following Auburn closely for 20+ years, all I can say is it is about dang time...

we got all the flip side of that luck to balance out the universe

109901[/snapback]

After growing up in Alabama, and following Auburn closely for 20+ years, all I can say is it is about dang time...

109909[/snapback]

:lol::lol:

Wholeheartedly agree. Karmic shift long overdue for the bammies. I'd say about a 20-yr run of moral victories for them ought to even things out. :D

Archived