Will we have a letdown?

AURainman

Alright guys. We've been here before. Flying high and feeling free. And here come the :arky: . I've seen it over and over again. This team has SO much promise. So why am I scared? Because, Nutt has this way of owning us when we dont expect it. I hope I'm wrong, but I just dont see us beating Arkansas this year. They have vastly overacheived, and a "W" over us would add a boldface "!" to their season!

Tuberville has a problem with Arkansas. He always has. Here's to hoping he doesn't this year.

Arkansas 24

AU 16

:angry:

Alright guys.  We've been here before.  Flying high and feeling free.  And here come the  :arky: .  I've seen it over and over again.  This team has SO much promise.  So why am I scared?  Because, Nutt has this way of owning us when we dont expect it.  I hope I'm wrong, but I just dont see us beating Arkansas this year.  They have vastly overacheived, and a "W" over us would add a boldface "!" to their season! 

Tuberville has a problem with Arkansas.  He always has.  Here's to hoping he doesn't this year.

Arkansas 24

AU 16

:angry:

109951[/snapback]

WOW...LaRussa's lookin' old!!! :poke:

I wouldnt be worried about it....Seems like this year's team does a very good job of preparing, and our defense will shut down Matt Jones. You shut him down, you shut arkansas down. Remember, Arkansas gave up alot of big pass plays to florida....and in every big game this year Auburn has thrown the ball downfield and made it work. I think auburn wins:

Auburn 28

Arkansas 17

As Matt Jones goes, so goes Arkansas. I say stay focused, stay motivated, stay vigilant. Beat Nutt and Jones!!!!!!

The thing I like about this team is that the senior's know how hard everyone has to work to keep the train running. I see confidence soaring, but it appears to be a wary confidence. I think the seniors have the attitude that allowed Craig and Spikes to ward off disaster. The offense has got it going and the defense never stopped.

:au: 35

:arky: 17

WDE :cheer:

I've seen it over and over again.  This team has SO much promise.  So why am I scared?  Because, Nutt has this way of owning us when we dont expect it.

I am concerned as well...HOWEVER, we've never had Borges on staff before either...an OC who actually knows how to set up a defense and make adjustments!

WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR EAGLE!!!!!!

If AU contains Jones we won't have a problem. Pressure from the outside so he doesn't have the chance to break something around the ends. Our interior line is good enough to keep him in check if our ends keep him from getting outside. Arkansas is definitely scary though. I think this will be AU's big wake-up call but we should win. I don't see the team looking past anyone after last year. I'm sure that's left a sour taste in everyone's mouth.

I don't know...I haven't kept up with Ark but I did watch them play uat. I really like how we match up with them, especially with Jones against our DB's. It seems like they live and die by the big play. They definitely don't even know how to spell "ball control" and I really think that if you contain Jones, it'll be an easy win. They can't stop the run and they don't really pose a running threat. We can't allow too many penalties and we have to confuse Jones. Jones is all they have. Anything can happen but I think we win by at least a TD, with another excellent showing by our "no name" defense. :)

Either way, the SEC West is decided THIS Saturday.

Duder said it: KEEP JONES HEMMED IN! Sorry for shouting, but that's the key. When he starts scrambling and striding with those 7-foot-long legs, he's dangerous. (Thank god for the illegal block last year.)

I'm sure Nutt must pray for a broken play every down, so Jones can improvise. He is scary.

But this is not a typical Auburn team. Our seniors have too many teeth-gnashing memories to let this one get away.

Auburn 31- Arkansa 10.

BTW, has anyone seen the injury report on UAr this week (plus the receiver quitting)? Must be trying to set us up. Trying to make it sound like a M*A*S*H unit.

When we contain Jones, the whole Arkansas attack will whither to dried out pork!!! We will win this game, but it will be one of the closest ones for the rest of the season. Auburn will stat focused, not make many mistakes, and win this ballgame.

WAR EAGLE AND BEAT THE HOGS!!!!!

Archived