Drive Chart Comparison

StatTiger

Much like the Tennessee game, Arkansas appears to have the slightly better offense and Auburn has a huge defensive edge. This is supported by each team’s national rankings.

Arkansas is ranked #13 on offense and #61 on defense.

Auburn is ranked #20 on offense and #7 on defense.

Here is the breakdown of each team’s drive charts:

OFFENSE:

Td Pct: Arkansas 36.8%, Auburn 35.2%

Punt Pct: Auburn 30.9%, Arkansas 39.7%

Turnover Pct: Auburn 9.8%, Arkansas 13.2%

Average length of drive: Auburn 37.0 yds, Arkansas 33.5 yds

Wasted Plays: 45.0% of Auburn’s plays result in no points. Arkansas wastes 49.8% of their plays.

TD drives of 6-plays or more: Arkansas ( 17 ), Auburn ( 15 )

TD drives of 70-yds or more: Arkansas ( 12 ), Auburn ( 9 )

DEFENSE:

TD Pct allowed: Auburn 7.1%, Arkansas 20.3%

Punt Pct: Auburn 58.6%, Arkansas 47.8%

Turnover Pct: Auburn 21.4%, Arkansas 13.0%

Average Length of drive allowed: Auburn 21.2 yds, Arkansas 25.2 yds

Wasted Plays: 82.5% of the plays allowed by Auburn result in no points. Arkansas allows 56.3% wasted plays.

TD drives allowed of 6 plays or more: Auburn ( 3 ), Arkansas ( 9 )

TD drives of 70-yds or more allowed: Auburn ( 3 ), Arkansas ( 8 )

Final Word:

Based on the breakdown of the drive charts, Arkansas may hold a slight edge in offense but it’s clear that Auburn has the better defense. I can only imagine how much better the offensive numbers would be for Auburn had Borges opened up the offense against La. Monroe and Citadel. The one stat that stands out in my mind is the pct of plays, Auburn’s defense allows, which results in no points. That is amazing stuff and points allowed his always the key defensive stat, IMO.

WDE :au::cheer::cheer::cheer:

I think our Offense is evolving and is not yet a finished product. The LSU game in the fourth quarter gave our team, and me, tremendous confidence. We are truly becoming a nightmare for the other teams defense. Speed and more speed. Arky cannot practice against what our D will bring. Not much difference between our 1st and 2nd strings either. :thumbsup:

I have always thought that running up the score caused your players a false sense of invincibility. Then when you get into a game with a worthy opponent you do not know how to handle the pressure. So far Auburn has had the luxury of getting ahead early and then calling off the dogs in all but the LSU game. We could have wilted or paniced in the LSU game but we did not.

Stat

I agree we could have padded our offensive stats against the likes of the Citadel, ULMO and Miss St. but that would have given the first string a big head. I like having the first string watch the second and third string struggle a little against these lesser teams. This lets them know that the difference between a great team and a bottom team is not as big as most think. If Auburn has an 80% showing we could lose to a Vandy or Old Miss.

Arkansas may not be as good on paper but they can beat us if we do not give 100%

:au: 24 :arky: 10

Stat

I agree we could have padded our offensive stats against the likes of the Citadel, ULMO and Miss St. but that would have given the first string a big head.  I like having the first string watch the second and third string struggle a little against these lesser teams.  This lets them know that the difference between a great team and a bottom team is not as big as most think.  If Auburn has an 80% showing we could lose to a Vandy or Old Miss.

Arkansas may not be as good on paper but they can beat us if we do not give 100%

:au: 24  :arky: 10

110077[/snapback]

AUMoore,

I agree. Chizik was very pleased with our 2nd and 3rd team defense. We've had the opportunity to play a lot of young guys this season, which is already paying off this year and will next year, when some of these guys become starters. It would be nice to have some block buster numbers on offense but the most important number right now, is 6-0.

Archived