Screw everybody

PChamp119

They say they want to go to a human poll system... i say... **** the human polls

You know I am an Auburn fan, but I don't think it is fair that Georgia can still be ranked ahead of Tennessee. Both teams have 1 loss, both are in the same conference and one team beat the other. This is an example of why the human poll system blows. The poll system is based on Winning and Losing on a per week basis. It's like the human poll system is based on a system, like a computer system - it makes no sense. If there were no polls in the preseason, you can't tell me that USC and OU would have the #1 and #2 rankings with that many votes, with no #1 votes going to Auburn. Miami gets 1 vote for a #1 ranking in the coaches poll and thats it. USC is not deserving of a #1 ranking. I am not necessarily saying Auburn deserves to be #1, but I feel they deserve some votes. I guess beating 2 top 10 teams - 1 being a blowout and blowing out 4 other teams isn't deserving, but a come from behind victory against Stanford is.

The gay thing is if Georgia goes undefeated... they MIGHT make the BCS Championship. But if Auburn goes undefeated... they don't stand a chance

While you're right this sucks -- I'd much rather worry about it when we're hoisting the SEC trophy, and to have a chance at that we got to win all our games...starting with the pigglets. :arky:

Now you know how we felt last year, Human polls are bogus the fact USC is ranked #1 proves it.....

USC in the SEC = 4 loses easily....

You see where were not just complaining to complain...

WE understand, we had the same issue last year...

Thats is the exact reason we dont consider ourselves Co National Champions.

I wont rehash our argument since its been pretty clear how can a team who lost to unranked team, and play one one top 25 team (#15) all year be ranked above ANY teams that beat a top 5 team twice. My point the polls are flawed, seriously flawed. Until there is a playoff they always will be.

As soon as they removed SOS from the formula, teams in the SEC will always be at a disadvantage.... Which for the west coast is exactly what they wanted.

it is funny how it works...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?page=roadtobcs/1010  :au:

110064[/snapback]

Works should be in quotes.... Here's how it "works."

USC and Oklahoma are ranked 1 and 2 because they were there in the preseason poll and neither has lost or played poorly enough to be replaced.

USC has played poorly. 3 times. Out of 5 games. Theyre ranked 1 because the media gets aroused everytime they hear the letters USC. And because they got left out of the Sugar Bowl last year. Well, don't lose to a PAC 10 team, and you'll stand a better shot of getting in. LSU's loss to UF and OU's loss to K-State (not to mention both played one more game than USC did) were much more respectable than a loss to Cal.

Now you know how we felt last year, Human polls are bogus the fact USC is ranked #1 proves it.....

USC in the SEC = 4 loses easily....

You see where were not just complaining to complain...

WE understand, we had the same issue last year...

Thats is the exact reason we dont consider ourselves Co National Champions.

I wont rehash our argument since its been pretty clear how can a team who lost to unranked team, and play one one top 25 team (#15) all year be ranked above ANY teams that beat a top 5 team twice. My point the polls are flawed, seriously flawed. Until there is a playoff they always will be.

As soon as they removed SOS from the formula, teams in the SEC will always be at a disadvantage.... Which for the west coast is exactly what they wanted.

110079[/snapback]

Well sorry guy but :au: let the SEC down last year regarding USC. USC is very good, but I like you dont think a PAC-10 team holds itself day in and day out in the SEC.

i say... **** the human polls

110063[/snapback]

Welcome to the world of a 2003 LSU fan.

Humans cannot get past their bias.

I think the SEC should just dismantle. Each team can go to one of the "BCS Buster" Conferences. Then the teams in the SEC (now) can have a chance at the national championship game. Because 1 SEC team in any other conference is equal to every other BCS conference (nix Big Easy).

The gay thing is if Georgia goes undefeated... they MIGHT make the BCS Championship. But if Auburn goes undefeated... they don't stand a chance

110065[/snapback]

The chances of us going undefeated are the same as beating UF for 13 of the next 14 years

Just be patient. With Auburn's schedule, if we go undefeated, we'll be in the final game. We were only 14 points behind Miami in the AP poll - 50 behind in the ESPN poll. The 3 above AU have terribly shallow schedules compared to AU for the remainder of the year.

Would rather hit #2 after the SEC championship than get #1 now and have to sit on it.

If Auburn goes undefeated, they WILL play for the NC. If not, that will seriously show how bad the BCS system is flawed. Seriously, if a Big 12 team can LOSE their conference championship game (this has happened twice) and still play in the nc game, there is no way an undefeated SEC team should not be in the NC game!

If Auburn goes undefeated, they WILL play for the NC. If not, that will seriously show how bad the BCS system is flawed. Seriously, if a Big 12 team can LOSE their conference championship game (this has happened twice) and still play in the nc game, there is no way an undefeated SEC team should not be in the NC game!

110125[/snapback]

One of those big 12 teams, one of the teams(cough...nebraska.....cough) didn't even win their division, much less go to the Big 12 championship!! Don't put anything past the BCS system. They will put who they want to in the big game.

As for the SEC team that makes it out undefeated, not only should they play in the NC game, but I'd bet 10 times out of 10 that they would win. The SEC is hands down the toughest conference to make it out of in one piece.

I think that it will be a moot point. Even with their schedules, I doubt that both OU and USC will go undefeated. USC is playing pretty crappy and OU has the big12 championship game, which they lost last year. Miami has some pretty tough games left and aren't playing amazing either. I think that Auburn should be number 1. No team has even played two top ten teams, and we beat both of them. we are undefeated and the only close game was the #3 team in the nation at the time. the polls suck but i think that it will work itself out because other teams will lose. we just need to keep winning.

I can only object to the error in order at this point. I think you can shuffle 1-3 ahead of us, but we deserve to be number 4. If we close out the season the way we should, we should be in the top 2. I just want to play for the SEC title. Then we can worry about Sugar or Orange Bowls.

And about last year. I believe there were CO-national champs. When a team outplays EVERYONE but a solid Cal team and earns a #1 ranking in both human polls (something that is NOT going on this year) and then is not allowed to play in the championship game, there is something wrong.

For the record, I'm not trying to rob LSU of their title. I even pulled for them against Oklahoma. I'm just trying to say that the circumstances are far different right now.

This ranking and NC talk is bunk, at this point in the season and only hurts our chances to go undefeated. I hope our players have their heads on straighter than the fans. If not we are in trouble just like the start of last season when everyone was supposed to lay down and let us walk over them.

Looking at the rest of the season we could realistically lose two games or more.

The piggies are dangerous and will be ready for us. This is a huge game for Auburn to take control of the west. Likewise Arky must win to have any hope of representing in SECC.

Kentucky is not playing very well right now. Could be a great upset day if our boys do not come to play? Anyone remember last years UK vs. LSU game???

Ole Miss seems to be waking up again, similar to last year. Just took them a few extra games to stat playing defense this season. They could be really dangerous at home if they continue to improve.

UGA will bring their "A Game" to Auburn. They overlooked UT and were not up for the game. That is unexplainable??? UGA WILL BE READY FOR AUBURN!

UAT would just as soon lose all of their other games if the can beat us when we are undefeated and keep us from playing for the NC. This will be a much much tougher game than most Auburn fans think. Remember the first time they came to Auburn and were ranked #2. How pumped was our crowd and team? It will be that way in UAT land and WE will be the target!

The SECC if we get there? It will be a brutal game no matter whom we play.

AN UNDEFEATED SEASON IS NOT REALISTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both the Fans and players had better be ready to do their part every week. If we let down for one week it can result in a loss. The players seem grounded but the fans are NOT! If we want to be the #1 team in the nation, then we the fans have to do our part to be the #1 fans in the nation. That means showing up for the games (Attendance - which we did not do this week!) and making some freaking LOUD noise EVERY TIME the other team has the ball!

Stop worrying about polls and BCS rankings a worry about doing your part to help our team to win the games!

THE AUBURN FAMILY NEEDS TO GET IT TOGETHER AND "SHOW UP" TO HELP OUR TEAM IN EVERY GAME IF WE DARE DREAM OF PLAYING FOR THE NC!

Just be patient.  With Auburn's schedule, if we go undefeated, we'll be in the final game.  We were only 14 points behind Miami in the AP poll - 50 behind in the ESPN poll.  The 3 above AU have terribly shallow schedules compared to AU for the remainder of the year. 

Would rather hit #2 after the SEC championship than get #1 now and have to sit on it.

110122[/snapback]

HOGS...HOGS...HOGS!!!

that's all we're thinkin' about right now...just HOGS!

That's right...this post is a moot point until we win the next five games we have to play, which are all SEC games. This will not be an easy task, and everyone that calls themselves Auburn fans need to be at these games to show their support and love for this time because that is what those boys are giving us every week. Let's give something back and be the greatest fans in the nation with the greatest team in the nation!!!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!

As a analytical exercise...the elimination of strength of schedule can cost a good team playing a solid schedule over a team playing only one or two tough games.

The only hope that team has is if the HUMAN part says...hey let's screw the BCS thing and split the champion two years in a row.

I personally thing that NO polls should be released before week 5. That way everyone has a decent idea whose good and who's not. The way it is now that start of based somewhat on last year and let everything work off that. And it's not fair to all teams, especially one that might not have a deep football power tradition.

That said...as for AU...they need to play one at a time and forget the polls and let them take care of themselves...SEC west should be first in mind....then SEC Champions...then whoever is paired up in a bowl games....

BUT IT ALL STARTS WITH WHO'S NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE...this week :arky:

and the tunnnel vision stops there and Jones should have a big ole cross hair on his chest....they have had two weeks to prepare, have nothing to lose and should play loose.

it's basically mid season...still WAAAAAAAAAAAY to early to be talking about the NC. ARK will be ready for Auburn..and Auburn better be ready for them. Who would have thought ole miss would have beaten SC this week? Or UT beat UGA? There's still way too much ball to play ...and anything can happen. Not to be negative...just realistic.

Archived