Arik Armstead

ellitor

Don't be surprised if Arik Armstead is on the official visitor list for the Iron Bowl.

Auburn has recruited him very hard, and his coach specifically mentioned us as a school Arik is going to visit.

That would be AUSOME! Right now AA has 2 visits scheduled. At ND this week for their game against USC, and uat for the LSPoo game. USC has pretty much been eliminated for the big man.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. A little late there ET.

Only confirming your conjecture which is all you gave.  You left the info incomplete.

WDE !!!

lol. I did not say he decommitted because I thought it was a couple weeks old and not news any more.  :wedance:

Lol. A little late there ET.

Only confirming your conjecture which is all you gave.  You left the info incomplete.

WDE !!!

lol. I did not say he decommitted because I thought it was a couple weeks old and not news any more.  :wedance:

Happened just a few days ago.  ;)

Don't be surprised if Arik Armstead is on the official visitor list for the Iron Bowl.

Auburn has recruited him very hard, and his coach specifically mentioned us as a school Arik is going to visit.

That would be AUSOME! Right now AA has 2 visits scheduled. At ND this week for their game against USC, and uat for the LSPoo game. USC has pretty much been eliminated for the big man.

If USC can mend the broken fences with the Armstead family they'll still get him, but that probably won't happen.

Armstead is more than likely visiting for the Iron Bowl. The staff has still been recruiting him hard, as has coach Barbee. Armstead is a very very good basketball player.

I just don't see this kid signing with us.

it's definitely not something I'd bet on. We have no chance as of now. He has to visit for anyone to even consider this kid.

he plans to go to the Bama-LSU game.  Right now, it sounds like either ND or Bama. I now live here in Sacramento and know many people invloved with his HS program. Some of them I actually took to the National Championship Game and they got to see what the AU Family is all about. I am hoping Arik can at least visit our campus.

• 1 month later...

have seen discussions of him playing OT and DE ... thought i read that he wants to play DE.  i know we here on AE have discussed him as an OT.  curious ... rivals lists his 40 as 5.1 ... does he have the speed to play DE in the sec, even on the strong side.  plus, 6'-8" is an awfully tall DE.  Most are around 6'-4" with a few outliers up towards 6'-6".  I dont want to research elite college and nfl DE that may be taller.  thoughts?

seems destined for OT whether he realizes it or not. 

I have not heard the basketball thing. It still remains that Dec. 16th is the only weekend he can take an OV and that's between us and Texas. He will be an EE/ He is still adamant on being a DL instead of an OT even though he is an outstanding OT.

have seen discussions of him playing OT and DE ... thought i read that he wants to play DE.  i know we here on AE have discussed him as an OT.  curious ... rivals lists his 40 as 5.1 ... does he have the speed to play DE in the sec, even on the strong side.  plus, 6'-8" is an awfully tall DE.  Most are around 6'-4" with a few outliers up towards 6'-6".  I dont want to research elite college and nfl DE that may be taller.  thoughts?

seems destined for OT whether he realizes it or not. 

Ted Hendricks, the Mad Stork, was a pretty good DE at 6'9".  Quickness in the first two steps is more important than 40 speed for a DE.

Archived