Arik Armstead

ellitor

What are the REAL chances of him signing with us? it would be really huge if we could.

50%

Work always makes me late to the party!

That was my line bird and you know it!

:pcprobs:

Since when did you have rights to Bird's catch phrases?  :tease:

Well, I have a sexier pic.  Its gotta be worth something...  ;D

That's debateable.  :tease:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in the area, and the local press thinks he is going to UC Berkley (aka Cal).

Like Bird, I think we have a 50-50 chance.  I really like that we get an OV.

• 2 weeks later...

why would he take a visit to Washington when he lives in California?  :dunno: but with that being said even if he does take his visit to auburn, i still think it will be a long shot for us getting him.

• 2 weeks later...

He says he wants to enroll early, so shouldn't he be making his decision soon?

There is no date when the article was writtem but he will not enroll early at this point.

There is a DATE on the article...In the GREEN sentence right before the first video...says the article was WRITTEN on December, 29th, 2011.

As far as ARMSTEAD's decision to enroll early...he has till the Jan 17th to make up his mind....so it is a lil premature to say "He won't be making his decision anytime soon."

Today...UNFORTUNATELY...he wore a Texas sweatshirt to the All-American Practice....prob doesn't mean anything except that he has to do laundry.

There is a DATE on the article...In the GREEN sentence right before the first video...says the article was WRITTEN on December, 29th, 2011.

As far as ARMSTEAD's decision to enroll early...he has till the Jan 17th to make up his mind....so it is a lil premature to say "He won't be making his decision anytime soon."

Today...UNFORTUNATELY...he wore a Texas sweatshirt to the All-American Practice....prob doesn't mean anything except that he has to do laundry.

Why the 17th? School starts at most colleges on the 9th and 10th. With him having an AU visit set for January 13th after classes start  I would think early now meant summer.  :dunno:

The 17th is supposedly the last day that a recruit can join a college and actually play a sport during the season...obviously it doesn't matter for football...but....he could still play B-Ball if he joined Auburn before then.

Speaking of Auburn basketball....You guys excited about SHAQ JOHNSON for next year.  Has to be one of the best athletes in high school!!!

I have him as the second best high school dunker of all-time!!!

http://prospect-central.blogspot.com/2011/08/high-school-basketball-top-10-dunkers.html

The 17th is supposedly the last day that a recruit can join a college and actually play a sport during the season...obviously it doesn't matter for football...but....he could still play B-Ball if he joined Auburn before then.

Speaking of Auburn basketball....You guys excited about SHAQ JOHNSON for next year.  Has to be one of the best athletes in high school!!!

I have him as the second best high school dunker of all-time!!!

http://prospect-central.blogspot.com/2011/08/high-school-basketball-top-10-dunkers.html

Very excited about Shaq. I hope we get KT Harell to transfer also.

Why the 17th? School starts at most colleges on the 9th and 10th. With him having an AU visit set for January 13th after classes start  I would think early now meant summer.  :dunno:

I would think that it would be in the summer as well. This guy would be a HUGE addition to the class. He's SO close to the 5-star status!

Update on AA...AU is recruiting him the hardest. He will take an OV to AU or UTex...I feel he has typped his hand a bit. He still is enrolling early and says classes start on the 17th. I believe he has tipped his hand because Three of his finalists Utex, ND, and Cal start on the 17th. AU and ODucks start on the 9th. It is possible the last day to start class at AU is the 17th. I am not sure though.

Article says his brother is going with him (transfer from USC, he is a senior), brother can't transfer to SEC school b/c of 1 year rule, I think it is a long shot

Article says his brother is going with him (transfer from USC, he is a senior), brother can't transfer to SEC school b/c of 1 year rule, I think it is a long shot

247 article also quotes main Armstead as saying they don't necessarily have to head in the same direction. Barbee will be key for this one.

I assume you could transfer from USCw, or is it any bcs school?

247 article also quotes main Armstead as saying they don't necessarily have to head in the same direction. Barbee will be key for this one.

barbee talked with harrell and i dont know how we would be able to give him a scholly much less armstead ... well i guess if he has a football scholly then no bball scholly is required.  we sure could use another big man in the middle.  300 pounds should do ...

Does not matter what the original college is. The SEC prohibits any player from transferring into an SEC school if they only have 1 year of eligibility left.

Does not matter what the original college is. The SEC prohibits any player from transferring into an SEC school if they only have 1 year of eligibility left.

It's my understanding that this rule dosen't go in to affect till next year?

Archived