Arik Armstead

ellitor

Article says his brother is going with him (transfer from USC, he is a senior), brother can't transfer to SEC school b/c of 1 year rule, I think it is a long shot

I assume you could transfer from USCw, or is it any bcs school?

Does not matter what the original college is. The SEC prohibits any player from transferring into an SEC school if they only have 1 year of eligibility left.

It's my understanding that this rule dosen't go in to affect till next year?

Meaning any tranfers after this season is over which is over in 6 days so it will bot happen.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Armond Armstead has Auburn as a finalist now...

Armstead, a 6-foot-5, 290-pound senior from Elk Grove, has three options to choose from: Return to USC, transfer or enter the 2012 NFL draft. Based on conversations with him and his father, transferring seems like the most likely outcome, returning to USC the least. Armstead listed Notre Dame, Auburn and Arkansas as three possible destinations.

Two of the school’s Armond listed, Auburn and Notre Dame, are among Arik’s five finalists. The others are Cal, Oregon and Texas. He is on track to be a midyear enrollee.

http://usc.ocregister.com/2012/01/03/uscs-armond-armstead-to-visit-other-schools/103449/

Doesnt that rule start in June?

"Armstead can transfer to another Division I school without having to sit out a year because he graduated in December. He has a hearing with USC on Jan. 9 to gain clearance to speak with some other schools he is considering."

As I understand it the SEC has different rules on this but can he enroll before they have taken affect if they have not already taken affect?  And why would you need clarance if you have already graduated?

"Armstead can transfer to another Division I school without having to sit out a year because he graduated in December. He has a hearing with USC on Jan. 9 to gain clearance to speak with some other schools he is considering."

As I understand it the SEC has different rules on this but can he enroll before they have taken affect if they have not already taken affect?  And why would you need clarance if you have already graduated?

Because you have to get permission from a school to tansfer if you are an athlete. But it does not matter for Auburn or Arkansas. 2011 was the last season a player could transfer with 1 year of eligibility left and play in the SEC. Of the finalists for the older Armstead, ND is his only option. That combined with Arik talking about the semester starting the 17th ND is in the driver's seat with Arik because that is when the Irish start classes.

Because he would still be scholarship-bound with USC. He would have to be granted his release from that agreement.

There is a similar deal with a kid at UAB, Todd O'Brien, he plays basketball. He graduated already from St. Joe's and is in grad-school at UAB, but the coach at SJU will not grant him his release to play. It is a sucky situation for the kid.

Well, looks like maybe Zeke is working on him today.

EzP_AU14 Zeke Pike

@arikarmstead check your direct messages and hit me up boy

4 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

posted elsewere enjoy. Have to like AU's chances if he pland on pulling the trigger on Sunday.

WarEagle106 wrote: His brother is coming as well apparently.  It is an insider article on ESPN, but here is what it says...

“I’m going to Auburn,” Armstead said. “Me and my brother Armond are both visiting, and we leave Thursday, and we’ll be back home on Saturday. Right now, the plan is to make my decision as early as Sunday, but I could also wait and do it on Monday.

“I’m planning to enroll early, and some of the schools start next Monday and others on Tuesday so I want to decide pretty soon. I don’t have any big elaborate plans on how I’m announcing, but I think we might just do it at my church on Sunday if we can. Otherwise, I’ll just call up the schools and let them know.”

Don't know if his dad is visiting as well. I doubt he would commit to a school without his parents visiting first. Although, great that we get the last visit as he will be announcing the day after he gets home. We should definitely be on his mind.

When is the last time a high-ranked recruit from California ended up on AU's field that worked out ?

When was the last time a highly ranked CA high school player not worked out for AU?

Archived