Arik Armstead

ellitor

Seems like Arik will be a perfect fit at Auburn. If he enrolls on Monday, can he start playing basketball this year? :) He's going to be a force in the middle.

Yes.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like Arik will be a perfect fit at Auburn. If he enrolls on Monday, can he start playing basketball this year? :) He's going to be a force in the middle.

Yes.

Really? That's a little surprising. I figured he'd have to be a part of the next signing class.

Yes.

Really? That's a little surprising. I figured he'd have to be a part of the next signing class.

Well whoever gets him better be able to let him play basketball this year because that is his plan.

I didn't know that this guy wanted to play basketball too. That would be AUsome. Didn't we have one guy about 10-15 yrs ago that played both? I cannot remember if that is for certain or if I dreamed it.

I didn't know that this guy wanted to play basketball too. That would be AUsome. Didn't we have one guy about 10-15 yrs ago that played both? I cannot remember if that is for certain or if I dreamed it.

Kyle Dezoran

Honestly, if Arik wants to play with his brother Armond, I do not think it will be possible at AU due to the new SEC transfer rule for graduates that went into effect in Ocotober. Not to say that Arik must play with his brother, but if he does, I don't think it can be in the SEC (for any team). There is nothing we can do about this (unless his brother wants to be a walkon). Someone correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure I am not.That does not mean Arik will choose another team. His brother only has 1 year to play a sport anyway, and there is no telling if a physician will let him play (I think this is why he is transferring from USC).

With a fantastic new coach and a visit to AU this weekend, we may be able to convince him that this is where he needs to be... hopefully so.

Who was the BIG DE from La who Liked us but went to LSU and died or was killed? No one thought he would stay at DE but he stayed there and got drafted as a DE. Had a French/Cajun name.

Yeah lets be honest Arik and his brother go to CAL. Darby goes to Maryland. Bush stays at Miami, Goldman goes to

Bammers, Avery Young to Georgia, Kwon goes to LSU, Diggs go to ...... not Auburn. Anymore questions regarding recruiting? I hope the mods don't send another warning, for posting my opinion/prediction. (not a bammer, just realistic)

War Eagle!!

You may be correct. We have a lot of work that needs to be done for several of the prospects that you listed. As a matter of fact, if signing day were today we would probably miss on most of them. BUT... signing day is not today and we have a new DC that may help change things. We have a few weeks to turn them. Let's be positive.

Kyle Dezoran

Clifton Robinson played both as well. 

Yeah lets be honest Arik and his brother go to CAL. Darby goes to Maryland. Bush stays at Miami, Goldman goes to

Bammers, Avery Young to Georgia, Kwon goes to LSU, Diggs go to ...... not Auburn. Anymore questions regarding recruiting? I hope the mods don't send another warning, for posting my opinion/prediction. (not a bammer, just realistic)

War Eagle!!

You may be correct. We have a lot of work that needs to be done for several of the prospects that you listed. As a matter of fact, if signing day were today we would probably miss on most of them. BUT... signing day is not today and we have a new DC that may help change things. We have a few weeks to turn them. Let's be positive.

This is the time in recruiting where this staff shines... expect to close strong and that there will be some major good surprises...

War Eagle!!

I'm keeping my eye on you.  >:(

War Eagle!!

Yeah I have a question. Who do you think we end up signing with the remaining spots?

We are not going to signing anyone else. Everyone just decommitted. Shoot ZP, SC, PM, and JM have already requested transfer. We should all see the light.

I hate when that happens. Dang  :o

War Eagle!!

no need to.

Don't we have one now?  Jaylon Denson?

[Edit:  Oops!  Wrong Denson.  Chris Denson plays basketball.  Jaylon Denson is the WR.]

War Eagle!!

They make some non-drowsy medicine now for delusions. May want to check with your shrink.

[Edit:  Oops!  Wrong Denson.  Chris Denson plays basketball.  Jaylon Denson is the WR.]

Jake Drum (I think thats his name) played both basketball and football this year.

Jake Drum (I think thats his name) played both basketball and football this year.

If I'm not mistaken he did last year, too.  He doesn't play in either sport though.  I always look for him to get in because he went to my high school, but I've yet to see it.  I'm not saying it can't be done, but Jake isn't on scholarship for either (or at least he wasn't out of high school). 

If I'm not mistaken he did last year, too.  He doesn't play in either sport though.  I always look for him to get in because he went to my high school, but I've yet to see it.  I'm not saying it can't be done, but Jake isn't on scholarship for either (or at least he wasn't out of high school). 

Yeah he's still not on scholarship. The announcers on a basketball game recently mentioned that he was a double walk-on but that he had dressed out for both basketball and football. Pretty neat story though.

War Eagle!!

no need to.

HAHA,  ;D

Just a little fyi, Arik's dad and brother are still in AU with him. They didn't to ND like as planned.

I'm taking this as a step in the right direction

Archived