Best/Worst for AU so far

BamaGrad03

Now that we are halfway through the season, Im curious what you guys think about your Tigers.

What is the most pleasant suprise and the one thing that has most dissapointed you about AU this year. It can be anything: Oline play, one position, one player, one group.

Bama's has been our Oline. This was the biggest question coming into the year, and they have REALLY stepped up. Two of our reserves got hurt during summer camp so we were already thin. But even when teams KNOW we are going to run, we get 7-8 yards.

Our biggest dissapointment (besides the injury bug) is probably our punt returning. We have a very good returner back there in Brandon Brooks...but for the first three games, teams were rugby kickin it to him and it was a tough adjustment. And because we have been going after the punter so much this year, he has little opportunity to make something happen. Its obvious the talent is there, just look what we do with kickoff returns. But I remember when David Palmer was back there, he could change a game with a punt return.

Hey david, did you get fantasy points saturday when Tyrone returned the kickoff 102 yards for a TD?

Best thing: Gorgeous Borges. Period. Our offense is giving people headaches this season. Complete turn around from last year. I had never heard of the guy when we hired him so I couldn't comment on him but so far, dude has his stuff together.

Worse thing: No home night games.

And speaking of the injury bug, what happened to Hudson? I didn't get to see any football this weekend because we were moving...

Worse thing:  No home night games.

110179[/snapback]

Oh no! You dont get off that easy...come on now. There has to be somewhere AU could do even a LITTLE improvement.

Hudson planted, took a hit below his knee (shin area) and above his knee at the same time, his knee went the OTHER way.

Yeah, there's a lot of things we can do better, just don't want to dwell on it just yet. We did more than our fair share of that last year. All we can do now is just enjoy what's happened so far and keep our fingers crossed for the second half of the season.

BEST 1A: Offense being run balances and with a plan...

BEST 1B: Team Chemistry

WORST: Field goal kicking...still not comfortable having the game on the line for a kick (luckily we haven't had to rely on that totally yet...)

Worst thing is definitely the D-line. We arent getting enough pressure up the middle. The ends have played well, but our interior defense needs to get better to beat Georgia.

BEST THING: The new offense and how well Campbell is playing in it.

WORST THING: Too many penalties. Seems like we get penalized 60+ yards in every game.

Auburn’s best improvement: Al Borges and Jason Campbell

The Punting game has been awesome

Auburn's biggest need for improvement: As strange as it seams we need to improve our run blocking especially when Carnell is in. Our backs are still getting hit in the backfield before they can get a head of steam. We also are a little shaky on the Field Goal kicking but it is still better than last year.

We are improving on catching the ball but is still could improve some.

Now that we are halfway through the season, Im curious what you guys think about your Tigers.

What is the most pleasant suprise and the one thing that has most dissapointed you about AU this year. It can be anything: Oline play, one position, one player, one group.

Bama's has been our Oline. This was the biggest question coming into the year, and they have REALLY stepped up. Two of our reserves got hurt during summer camp so we were already thin. But even when teams KNOW we are going to run, we get 7-8 yards.

Our biggest dissapointment (besides the injury bug) is probably our punt returning. We have a very good returner back there in Brandon Brooks...but for the first three games, teams were rugby kickin it to him and it was a tough adjustment. And because we have been going after the punter so much this year, he has little opportunity to make something happen. Its obvious the talent is there, just look what we do with kickoff returns. But I remember when David Palmer was back there, he could change a game with a punt return.

Hey david, did you get fantasy points saturday when Tyrone returned the kickoff 102 yards for a TD?

110177[/snapback]

ME? I am not in the fantasy football league.

Best Things: DEFENSE is a HUGE surprise so far...improvement in special teams... the passing game...and NO NIGHT GAMES!!!!

Worst Things: I really can't think of anything at this point...and I hope that holds through the rest of the season! :)

WORST: Field goal kicking...still not comfortable having the game on the line for a kick (luckily we haven't had to rely on that totally yet...)

110187[/snapback]

Oh come on 88Tiger. Vaughn is climbing the charts like a bullet! :big:

Year- Pct

1995- 87%

1989- 84%

1997- 82%

1993- 80%

1987- 79%

1992- 79%

2000- 78%

1990- 77%

1983- 75%

1998- 75%

2004- 75%

1994- 72%

1984- 67%

1988- 67%

1996- 65%

1991- 63%

1982- 62%

2001- 62%

1981- 60%

1986- 59%

2003- 58%

1985- 57%

1999- 53%

2002- 39%

Ok, more like a BB... :roflol:

DEFENSE is FAR better than anyone predicted or would believe. (WE have a VERY GOOD defensive Coach).

JC has been unleashed and is showing the nation that he is the real deal. (Not a pretender.) :D

Kicking game could improve, but, has done far better than last season.

Oh, one more area where AU could improve. Instaed of just winning the Iron Bowl, as we have two in a row and 3 out of the last four, now that we have our FOOT on the neck of uat football, we should apply several thousand tons of pressure. B)

At the time I'm typing this we ( :au: ) are 6-0 ranked 4 in the nation, whipped everyone in our path with the exception of our coming out party against LSU and you seriously want a look at what's wrong or what needs improvement.......????

NO TEAM is perfect...perfection is an ever changing absolute....but this :au: team is changing ....absolutely.. :D

Best: I have to agree with the defense. After losing 5 of the front 7, I don't believe anyone (except maybe Chizik) thought we would have the #4 scoring defense in the nation after 6 weeks. These underclassmen are REALLY stepping up and playing a huge role each week.

Worst: Tenuous kicking game and the lack of night games. I hate sitting in the sun for 4 hours!

WDE :au:

Worst thing is definitely the D-line.  We arent getting enough pressure up the middle.  The ends have played well, but our interior defense needs to get better to beat Georgia.

110192[/snapback]

did you miss the EIGHT sacks saturday?

Worst thing is definitely the D-line.  We arent getting enough pressure up the middle.  The ends have played well, but our interior defense needs to get better to beat Georgia.

110192[/snapback]

did you miss the EIGHT sacks saturday?

110460[/snapback]

I think the ends got most of those...taxie was talking about NG and tackle.

Archived