Updated 12/15- Recruiting update and Numbers breakdown

Guest jthaub

Also, with TJ Yeldon and Shane Callahan planning to enroll early, Auburn could count one of those guys to last year's class of 24; this means that Auburn could sign up to 26 guys this year!

Actually... i"m not sure on that. A little help.. Mike Blakely... He would take that spot wouldnt he?

As I understand the new SEC recruiting rules that went into effect immediately, there is no more counting back to a previous class. Referenced from point number 4 on THIS Rivals article....And yes, Blakely as number 25.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to the OP: don't wanna take space quoting all of that. Thanx for pointing that out, after research and writing for a few hours, guess I got side-tracked. Fixed now

LOL... I know.. Just giving you a little hell! Nice Wite up!

Elmer Fudd  ;D

Also, with TJ Yeldon and Shane Callahan planning to enroll early, Auburn could count one of those guys to last year's class of 24; this means that Auburn could sign up to 26 guys this year!

Actually... i"m not sure on that. A little help.. Mike Blakely... He would take that spot wouldnt he?

As I understand the new SEC recruiting rules that went into effect immediately, there is no more counting back to a previous class. Referenced from point number 4 on THIS Rivals article....And yes, Blakely as number 25.

I may be wrong but I thought Blakely counted toward the 85 limit. He has nothing to do with the 25.

to the OP: don't wanna take space quoting all of that. Thanx for pointing that out, after research and writing for a few hours, guess I got side-tracked. Fixed now

LOL... I know.. Just giving you a little hell! Nice Wite up!

Elmer Fudd  ;D

Elmer famous song

I may be wrong but I thought Blakely counted toward the 85 limit. He has nothing to do with the 25.

Pretty sure this is correct. He enrolled at Florida and transferred, so he does not count toward recruiting numbers (as I understand it). If he were counted toward our recruiting class rather than as a transfer, then I don't think he'd be sitting out this season.

Pretty sure this is correct. He enrolled at Florida and transferred, so he does not count toward recruiting numbers (as I understand it). If he were counted toward our recruiting class rather than as a transfer, then I don't think he'd be sitting out this season.

The point I did not explain well is it does not matter if MB counts to the 25 of last year because none of the players that enroll in January can count back because of the new rule so TJ can't count to 2012 class whether Blakely counts to the 2012 class or not.

we really aren't recruiting safety? I dont like that, but im gunna trust the coaches. Our safety position has been lacking for a few years now and our starting Safety (who wouldnt start at very many schools) is about to graduate.

we really aren't recruiting safety? I dont like that, but im gunna trust the coaches. Our safety position has been lacking for a few years now and our starting Safety (who wouldnt start at very many schools) is about to graduate.

The coaches don't often recruit a safety or corner exclusively. They sign the best DVs available and put them where they need them whether it be at Corner or safety.

The coaches don't often recruit a safety or corner exclusively. They sign the best DVs available and put them where they need them whether it be at Corner or safety.

This and I wouldn't be surprised to see J Rose pick up more time at safety next year.

One of our starting safeties is a senior. The other is a sophomore. And the first backup, who has played better than his senior counterpart to date, is a true freshman. Not to mention that Rose and Therezie are likely better at safety than corner.

But more to the point, it's not that we aren't recruiting safety, it's just that we're not recruiting anyone specifically to play safety. This is a good thing, because many safeties never learn the nuances of man to man coverage the way that corners do, and as such they get burnt more easily when put into one on one situations during blitzes.

The point I did not explain well is it does not matter if MB counts to the 25 of last year because none of the players that enroll in January can count back because of the new rule so TJ can't count to 2012 class whether Blakely counts to the 2012 class or not.

Forgot about the rule change. Thanx ellitor for clearing that all up.

And to the Safety questions. No we are not recruiitng anyone as a Safety, which tells me our coaches feel confident in the trio Ryan Smith, Demetruce McNeal, and Erique Florence, plus the possibilities of J Rose or R Therezie. So we will recruit versatile DB's and use those who could play Safety (Bush, TJ Davis) there if needed

Have you heard anything about Cayleb Jones? It sounds like he is thinking of decomitting and taking an official to AU.

He is planning an Official to Auburn. I think seeing his cousin, Emory Blake, started out as the reason why, but I wouldn't say that is the only reason why. But don't get too excited just yet. Even if he does visit and shows interest in Auburn doesn't mean he will decommit from Texas and commit to us. All I can say is that right now, all that it seems to be is A visit to see his cousin, and check out a different big-time school. I think he has stated that it is not something he wants to talk about because it isn't the correct way to handle a possible visit when committed to another school. He doesn't want to make a big deal out of it, and that is a very mature and respectful way to handle it.

What happened with OT Jordan Diamond?  I haven't heard anything about him lately and for a while this summer I thought we were in good shape for him.  TIA

If Noor Davis wants to come to AU, we would be foolish to refuse him.

Agree. I think LB is our largest need/weakness right now.

Eltoro is gone after this year and that leaves Holland (who has struggled at times). Who is left to play the middle?

What happened with OT Jordan Diamond?  I haven't heard anything about him lately and for a while this summer I thought we were in good shape for him.  TIA

We were in Jordan's top group a few months ago. However he seems to be looking more at Midwest schools like: Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, Notre Dame. He hasn't necessarily eliminated anyone, but the safe bet is he stays in the Midwest. If something changes with him I'll certainly update it.

Also... an update I've added CB Ronald Darby to the list. He is committed to Notre Dame, #1 CB on SCOUT. He is wavering on his commitment, and Auburn and Florida are pushing hard here.

Noor Davis could be an impact player at Auburn. He has the size already and he's an intelligent kid(4.3 GPA). He's the kind of LB that little nicky usually gets. Auburn will be very strong at LB with McKinzy, Alexander and Mitchell but if Auburn has a shot at Davis we should make room.

Noor Davis could be an impact player at Auburn. He has the size already and he's an intelligent kid(4.3 GPA). He's the kind of LB that little nicky usually gets. Auburn will be very strong at LB with McKinzy, Alexander and Mitchell but if Auburn has a shot at Davis we should make room.

I see Noor Davis as a bigger Kris Frost, maybe not as fast. But i would love to have a big guy at line backer, one that doesn't normally move backwards on tackles.

I see Noor Davis as a bigger Kris Frost, maybe not as fast. But i would love to have a big guy at line backer, one that doesn't normally move backwards on tackles.

With Eltoro leaving and Jake's struggles some...I'm not sure if Davis is more of a OLB or MLB, but do you think his smarts and skills could let him play in our system in the middle. (Obviously if we had a good chance with him period I would love it)

With Eltoro leaving and Jake's struggles some...I'm not sure if Davis is more of a OLB or MLB, but do you think his smarts and skills could let him play in our system in the middle. (Obviously if we had a good chance with him period I would love it)

Says Davis could play in the middle, heck Frost could play in the middle. Both have the smarts, size, and skill. But right now it looks like Frost is projecting outside (although if Holland continues to struggle, Frost and Landrum will get looks in the middle) and Davis is NOWHERE close to coming to Auburn. Yes, there is a chance, but I've said it before and will say it again, do not get too excited about Davis flipping. I think there is a much better chance that Justin Shanks and Ronald Darby flip rather than Davis.

Archived