NOW does AU pull for Bama?

BamaGrad03

Has anyone else noticed that BamaGrad03 spends a lot of time on this board. I have a few beliefs as to why.

1. All The  :ua: boards suck (they actually do because I have a bama grad that works with me and he has agreed WEN ROCKS!!!!)

sidenote: :cheer:   :cheer:   (I am trying to convert him) WDE!!!!!

2. Most Bama :homer: 's are not intelligent enough to run there own board

3. Most Bama  :homer: 's dont even know about the internet yet (most likely reason)

4. AND MY FAVORITE: BamaGrad03 is actually a closet AU fan and he see's our board as his first step in the 13 step program to recovery.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :au:   :au:   :au:

WAIT!!!!!!!!

REASON 5.

HE WANTS TO MAKE SURE THAT WE ARE NOT PLOTTING AGAINST THE TIDE LIKE THE REST OF THE WORLD!!!!!!

Give it up man most people including the NCAA doesnt give a rats rear about  :ua: (consider this statement step 2!!!)

110626[/snapback]

I'm reading a lot of this as tongue-in-cheek ribbing and not a real attack on BamaGrad.

But before things get out of hand, let me say I'm glad to have you on board, BG, and always welcome your comments. I may not always agree with you but I usually respect your rationality. (Heck, I guess I rarely agree with you--but I've gotten pretty tired of wasting time on the "Politically Speaking" forum so at least we don't argue over politics any more :) ) It gives me hope that there may be other sane Bama fans out there.

[i still gotta root for the Golden Eagles, though :P ]

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh i didnt take tkdpal's jab as a personal one. I can laugh at myself...and take a joke with the best of em.

Believe me, if i didnt have thick skin, i wouldnt have made it over here...

But i am glad that you guys dont wanna run me off! :)

Everytime I've ever rooted for Alabama (I think I could count on one hand), Bama has lost. I'm convinced this is just to spite me.

And Alabama beats Southern Miss by 10. But I still root for the Golden Eagles.

*Edited for a typo.

HEY BamaGrad03 I am glad you saw that as good ole ribbing. Truth be known I actually SEARCH your post out!!!! You are one of the few :ua: guys that get on here and talk facts. I am glad you did not take it personal. You are a GREAT addition to the board and maybe just maybe I can convert you too and you will be a GREAT addition to the :au: Family

What does everybody think ???

Now that there is a chance that we have multiple undefeated teams at years end...and BCS can go down to tenths of points...

Does AU pull against Bama in a non conference game?

Will AU fans?

110341[/snapback]

Why do you even ask? It seems to worry you every week who Auburn fans are pulling for in the bama game. If we all said we are pulling for bama would it make you feel better? Or does it piss you off when most say they can't pull for bama?

Either way, I wonder why you ask. :D:D

what kind of a love fest do we got going on here??? :blink::blink:

While I do expect :ua: to beat Southern Miss this week-end, I wouldn't bet on it. In our last four games we've mangaged to 1.blow out a team and lose our qb, 2.lose a game in which we ran all over a team, 3.lose a game that was the worst loss I've ever witnessed, and 4.blow out a team and lose our starting rb.

I'm starting to expect bad things to happen to :ua: , so I'm left wondering what could possibly go wrong against So. Miss. I will say that I'd rather them blow us out of the water, than I had see another player get hurt.

PT I ask because Im interested to see how fans see other teams' games (including rivals) when SOS and other factors come into play as a BCS race gets tight.

I'll pull for the Tide this week, mainly cuz I'll have money on them.

Also because I can't forget the year the USM beat us both. We had a kid working for us in the summer that was a student there and it seems like we heard about those two games every day that next summer. I hate Southern Miss. Besides that Bama is way better than them and should win by at least three touchdowns if they don't throw the ball.(They'll win by one TD if they try to throw it). Just cover the seven dammit.

I need another weekend like last weekend. Bama, UAB, and AU all covered.

To the contrary, bg is a welcomed addition to this board. He simply has a different opinion.

He blindly roots for his team. I can't blame him for that. I just think it is a bitter pill for him to swallow. To see the NCAA exact their pound of flesh is tough.

110630[/snapback]

You KNOW BG is a good guy when WAR TIM defends him!!!!! :roflol::roflol:

BG has ACTUALLY won War Tim over from his former "Death To All Things Crimson" motto. :big:

I like you too, BG. You are kind of like Token on SouthPark. B)

Why waste my time "wishing" on them what the NCAA has dealt them? :big:

Just kiddin' bg ! :au:

I'm going to give a commentary that may or may not belong on this thread, but damned the torpedos and full speed ahead.

I'm 54 years old. Before 1963, all I cared about was little league baseball. But my brother got a scholly to play football at AU in 63. I went down with my mother and him (my dad died when I was 8, so it was just us three) when we moved him into the athletic dorm. I was in awe of the 'big school' atmosphere' and, from that moment on, I've been an AU fan.

In the late 60s and 70s, all my friends were UA fans. When I got my first car, the first thing I got was an AU tag for the front. It lasted two days and was ripped off my car. I finally was able to afford another one, it lasted maybe a week. I didn't give up, and probably went thru 20 tags throughout my high school years. I was harrassed for being an AU fan. UA was winning and everyone couldn't understand why I was for AU. But I never wavered. AU was my school and I stuck by them. In 72 (punt, Bama, punt), before the game, Bear made the 'cow college' statement and that is all I heard. I heard moos everywhere I went. I heard about driving tractors to see the games, plowing the field up to plant crops after the game, just ignorant dribble from the UA fans. The 70s were tough. We could never win the 'game', but I never wavered. Finally Dye came in and we started winning some games, but the harrassement didn't stop. I still heard about the cow college, getting the cows off the field to play a game, how the only pretty girls at AU were visitors, etc. The Auburn jokes only got worse because UA felt the pressure. Same old harrassement from the arogant UA fans who would never let me forget that AU was inferior, and I was stupid for being an AU fan.

I'm into my 40th year as an AU fan. That is more than most of the posters on this board have been alive. You guys did not have to endure the constant harrassement from the 'typical Alabama fan' to we 'poor inferior uninformed' AU fans. The dislike and disdain for UA never goes away. I made the statement on another thread that even if it was tiddly winks, I didn't want UA to win. I think I put it 'any time, any day, any sport, any year', I wanted UA to lose. Now that they are down, I'm finally getting some respect from UA fans. Maybe not respect, but the harrassement has certainly stopped. If UA never wins another game, I dont care. Whether it hurts or helps AU, I dont care.

You dont forget 40 years of harrassement in just two or three years. I'm loving the plight of the bammers and could only hope it continues for many years to come.

WAR EAGLES Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I too am 49 years old and concur with everything AU4Ever said. WDE

They(SM) are obvioulsy more talented

Please explain

We have the #4 defense in the nation.

Theirs is 64th

We have the #1 running game in the SEC. 13th in the nation

Theirs is 45th.

Their Rushing defense is 76th.

Their passing offense is 97th.

Our passing defense is 3rd in the nation.

We blow them out of the water in every statistical category. We are a 7 point favorite.

Oh and the best part? Our strength of schedule is 16th. Theirs is 62nd. (on cumulative opposition)

On teams weve played? (past opposition) ours is 65th theirs is 97th.

They beat a 3-2 Nebraska team who just lost by 60.

Tulane is 1-3

South Florida is 2-2

Houston is 1-5 with a loss to RICE! (houston took USM to OT)

So without Nebraska's 3-2 record...the teams USM has beaten have a combined record of 4-10.

Margin of victor? 8.6 (most of that because of a 18 point win over a team that lost by 21 to miss state)

Our margin of victory? 33.

Average ranking of the teams theyve beaten?

Us?

So the teams theyve beaten are on the same caliber as ours. They win by 8 a game, we win by 33.

Either we are better coached or have more talent. Which one is it?

110617[/snapback]

It's NEITHER! Wake up!!! You over slept again! :huh: Keep those stats handy. They should be fun to look at in the off season. You and I both know you don't have a quality Head Coach. So why even ask such a stupid question? :blink: You don't have more talent than Southern either. If you believe that then I guess you believe Bryant isn't really dead and will come back. Oh wait... <_< you probably do think that. Never mind. Sorry, but I fell asleep after reading the first few boring lines of your stat attack. Please rememebr, and I know you UAT's have short attention spans, but all of your "super stats" have been complied by an average(at best) team against some terrible competition. (Insert here you thoughts on Auburn's schedule, as I know you will) It must pain you to realize that Auburn has the best defense in the conference, doesn't it? What are you gonna say when the BIG ORANGE runs up about 500 yards on your little boys? :roflol: I have to give you credit for one thing: You never give up! That's good! You have to be that way these days to be a bummer fan! :lol::au::au::au:

Hey Aubie7 way to respond to ALL of my statistical backed points with a bunch of crap.

Again, if they are more talented...why are we BLOWING them out of the water statistically against tougher competition?

And to answer the other question...i still think we are more talented. Our backup RB Ken Darby is still in the top 10 in the SEC and ill put him up against anyone on USM's staff.

Well lets look at the stats here:

12 teams in the SEC :arky::au::lsu::msu::om::ua::uf::uga::ut::usc::uk::vandy:

At least 12 starting running backs :football:

Add 6 more to that, just because some teams start 2 backs (Auburn for one) :au::D

That makes 18 starting running backs :thumbsup:

Your guy is in the top ten :cheer:

How hard is that to do? <_< :huh:

I guess Pennington (or whatever your latest QB's name is) is one of the top 12 QB's in the league!? :roflol:

Most recruiting "gurus"( you know, the guys that you were fond of quoting this past year :) ) agreed that uat finished 10th out of the 12 SEC schools over the previous THREE years. That translates into starters that ole miss and miss st. DID NOT WANT. You can't claim a recruiting championship last year and not face the facts of the severe lack of talent the three years prior. (Or, maybe uat fans can!)

:big::big::big:

Wow, thats cool.

I posted defensive stats, rushing stats, SOS stats, margin of victory etc...

And Ken Darby is in the top ten. Because he was playing behind the guy who is number 1.

Whats your point?

We shouldn't blame bg for tryin' to find something, ANYTHING, to hang his hat on when it comes to the current state of uat football. :)

Try this, uat is doin' a great job of havin' former, and soon to be former, coaches with the first name of "mike". There ya' go bg..They can't take that away from you ! ! ! ! :big:

NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO! NO! ALWAYS NONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!! MrMoJo I'm 60 and I hear you loud and clear Bro. WDE! :au: I too am enjoying their misery and hope it continues for another 10 years to remind them of those 10 years we went back to Auburn a loser in Legion Field to their butts. Time about is fair play. Besides, it would make my millinium for Phyllis and Shane to have to have therapy...ha.

Try this, uat is doin' a great job of havin' former, and soon to be former, coaches with the first name of "mike".  There ya' go bg..They can't take that away from you ! ! ! ! :big:

110796[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

It's just a shame that Coach Fran's name was not Mike. Anyone know his middle name? Gotta be a Mike in there somewhere.

Archived