Tony Neysmith and Josh Langford suspended indefinitely

AuburnEngineer

"Auburn senior guard Tony Neysmith and sophomore guard Josh Langford have been suspended indefinitely for violation of team rules, head coach Tony Barbee announced Tuesday.

The pair will not be allowed back on the team until they fulfill the obligations set for them.

Langford averaged 4.6 points and 2.6 rebounds last season as a freshman while Neysmith averaged 2.4 points and 1.3 assists."

I haven't kept up with our basketball much the last few years, how badly will this affect us?

Badly, but it looks like they'll be back on the team if they straighten up.  Excuse me, time for me to...

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Auburn basketball players Tony Neysmith and Josh Langford have been suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules.

Neither player will return to the team until they fulfill the obligations set for them.

Things like this are never good, but it speaks volumes of Barbee, especially considering one of them is Langford. I have faith the two guys will right the ship and be re-instated at some point, but regardless, Barbee has drawn a line in the sand and the team will be much better off in the long run for it...Follow the rules or you will not play...

Last year we had a tough time keeping players on the court for various reasons.  I hope we don't go back down that road.  Sounds like Barbee has control of the team.  This will help us in the long run.

seems like Barbee is being fair. Some one said Neysmith is not a factor?!  I beg to differ, maybe not on the court but that is Barbees pipeline to players 85N! Politics.

Yep...probably the only reason he's still in the program....

Mark Murphy said on the radio that these two were dressed out and participating in practice yesterday. 

Great news, hopefully the lesson is learned and the message is sent to the rest of the team.

Anyone have an idea on when these guys will be back?

Archived