Am I insane here?

wesfau

So you all think AU has a better run blocking OLine and better fullbacks than Alabama?

And I imagine it will go down now. We just lost the #1 rusher in the sec...STATISTICALLY(before you all start chucking bottles at me.)

Here is a STAT for the uat folks to discuss amongst themselves.  :D

IF Brandon Cox had thrown enough passes to qualify in the NATIONAL qb ratings, he would LEAD THE NATION, that's right #1 in the NATION, in completion %.

Go for it ! ! ! :big:

p.s. Anyone that thinks for a minute that any Defensive Coordinator in the SEC would rather face the uat O-line and rbs than those of AU, well, I got some swamp land in Arizona for sale. :)

What a world................ :lol:

110770[/snapback]

As a coach...I would probably fear auburn's rushing attack than to alabama's unknown stars in the backfield.

:lol::lol: "UNKNOWN STARS" :big:

"#1 rusher in the SEC"...... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

the oline may not be as good, but i think most coaches are still more afraid of auburn's running game than bama's. that's just my thought. i rarely read a comment about the necessity to shut down ray hudson (who unfortunately isn't an option anymore) or kenneth darby, but i always, without fail, hear about loading the line and stopping the caddilac (interestingly i've never read a thing about stopping ronnie... not even this week in comments by houston nutt). so auburn's running game (or maybe just carnell) causes more sleepless nights.

and i think darby has gotten a little bump on his numbers by simply being the change of pace guy. he's been coming in with fresh legs after a team has seen hudson already (kinda like ronnie) so his numbers are a little skewed. plus, he's never had to be the guy. we'll see how he does. i honestly expect drop off in production (if for no other reason than castille isn't as good a number two as darby was).

So you all think AU has a better run blocking OLine and better fullbacks than Alabama?

And I imagine it will go down now. We just lost the #1 rusher in the sec...STATISTICALLY(before you all start chucking bottles at me.)

110779[/snapback]

I'd say it's hard to tell because we run such different offenses now. You guys are evidently a very good run blocking line and your fullbacks are part of that scheme. On the other hand, we are a more balanced offense (by design) and rarely put a true fullback into the game because of our desire to have both Ronnie and Carnell out there at the same time. I'm just saying that there is more to it than just numbers on paper.

Archived