I HATE ALABAMA

AURainman

I don't understand.....I have been to Auburn to games before (not the Iron bowl)and your band has played this cheer. I don't like to hear the cheer before the game..it sounds a little cocky, and I don't like fans to boo the other team when they run on the field.............but hey that's just me. I tell you what's hard to take about the cheer....I am a Troy fan and a couple of years ago Troy came to Tuscaloosa for a basketball game, and it was time to make my allegance known and cheer for my school. After the game the Bama cheerleaders did the Rammer Jammer cheer and with basketball, if you are down close they are right in your face. Now that was hard.......a cheer that I had enjoyed at football games being thrown in my face....but hey I'm not going to tell them how to enjoy a win...if Troy had won there is no telling what kind of cheer we would have done....you know we're known for tearing goalposts down...oh wait a minute...we only take down ours....oh well....aint' sports fun?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Umm.  If you watched ANY football besides AU, you would realize that just about every team holds up four fingers at the end of the third quarter.  Both sides even.

112756[/snapback]

Please. Do you honestly think that I don't know that many teams do this? It doesn't make it any less stupid. Does the fact that other schools do it justify your looking like an idiot at a game?

:au: WDE :au:

Does the fact that AUBURN does it make you any less stupid for blaming bama for doing it?

Thats not something that you hate about alabama...thats something you hate about every school.

I'm so thankful that during week 8 of the football season, it seems to be cheers and shirts and ties that we're concerned with on the board.

War Damn Eagle!!!

One at a time.

Not only are WE discussing these things, BUT, OTHER teams fans are discussing those things on OUR board. :)

Another situation.  Remember last year when all those Sooner fans came to T-Town and had a great trip?  Let's say they don't fake punt, give it back to us, and we comeback and win by a few points.  Would they really think highly of us after coming back to barely beat them and then chanting "we just beat the hell out of you!!!!!"??  Not only do I think they would call us stupid, but I would feel stupid for saying to them. 

112750[/snapback]

RJ would have never been played at either OU games had we won, per directive to the MDB from Coach Moore. Whether we beat them by 40 or 1, it would have never been played.

Hey, it's perfectly fine when we do it because...well...when you guys do it...I mean...what I'm sayin' is.......the cheer the way we do it....uh...JUST YOU NEVER MIND.

I have been going to AU games my entire life and have NEVER seen an AU fan do that.  Can we get some confirmation here from any AU fans?

112887[/snapback]

How about the 2002 or 2000 iron bowl? Ask Numa when he gets back from vacation.

I have been going to AU games my entire life and have NEVER seen an AU fan do that.  Can we get some confirmation here from any AU fans?

112887[/snapback]

You wont get any confirmation from me.

Open your eyes.

Everyone around the country does that. I saw people doing it last week against Arkansas.

I did hear some dude saying that it was a Bear Bryant tradition thing to do that though.

Rammer Jammer sounds great when we beat Bama and our Band plays it. It is a freakin cheer thats all. It is a big game every year. If Bama wins then play the damn thing, but if Auburn wins expect to get back what you wanted to play but couldn't. Works both ways. That is my 2 cents on the subject.

I agree with DT. I've walked out of the stadium listening to it and hanging my head, dreading the next 365. I stood there last year singing right along with everyone else and smiling as I left the stadium. It's a cheer. It's part of the rivalry and no one's wittle feewings are getting hurt.

why hasn't anyone answered BS! he deserves an answer!

it's OK when AUBURN does it BECAUSE we're MAKING FUN OF YOU!

WE'RE RUBBING YOUR OWN DUMB CHEER IN YOUR FACE!

how could you not have seen that, bs!

in fact, one of the signatures here has an auburn player holding up a 'hey bama' sign, right? isn't the cheer in question where that phrase would come from?

FURTHER, ask yourselves this: does auburn do the cheer vs. ANYONE ELSE other than bama? i don't think so.

it's reserved for UAT solely, because they're the ones who do it any chance they do it, and everybody else in the world thinks it's as tacky as bammers typically are.

man, i'm wired tonite! my apologies! :blink:

go red sox!

ct

why hasn't anyone answered BS!  he deserves an answer!

it's OK when AUBURN does it BECAUSE we're MAKING FUN OF YOU!

WE'RE RUBBING YOUR OWN DUMB CHEER IN YOUR FACE!

how could you not have seen that, bs!

in fact, one of the signatures here has an auburn player holding up a 'hey bama' sign, right? isn't the cheer in question where that phrase would come from?

FURTHER, ask yourselves this: does auburn do the cheer vs. ANYONE ELSE other than bama?  i don't think so.

it's reserved for UAT solely, because they're the ones who do it any chance they do it, and everybody else in the world thinks it's as tacky as bammers typically are.

man, i'm wired tonite! my apologies!  :blink:

go red sox!

ct

112999[/snapback]

So CT...its a rude, crass, tasteless cheer...and it is totally out of place when we do it. But its okay that you do it back to us...as long as you only do it to us?

Sorry, i dont see the logic in that. Youre making fun of us? Now lets see...whats rude about the cheer? Maybe that its perceived as rubbing it in the losing team/fans faces?...if you think thats whats so horrible about it...why is it okay to do it back?

Thats an obvious double standard. ESPECIALLY to add to the end of it...GO TO HELL ALABAMA

...GO TO HELL ALABAMA

Great to see that you have FINALLY come around bg ! ! ! ! :lol::lol::lol::poke:

Where's that dead horse picture when you need it?

Opposing fans have complained about Texas A&M's "Beat The Hell Outta __________" yell on numerous occasions...big deal.

Regarding Rammer Jammer, the ultimate solution is to beat them...issue resolved. You won't hear it then.

So CT...its a rude, crass, tasteless cheer...and it is totally out of place when we do it.

yes.

But its okay that you do it back to us...as long as you only do it to us?

yes.

Sorry, i dont see the logic in that.

not surprising, and not sure i expected you to.

Youre making fun of us? Now lets see...whats rude about the cheer? Maybe that its perceived as rubbing it in the losing team/fans faces?...if you think thats whats so horrible about it...why is it okay to do it back?

pleaes refer to my previous response.

Thats an obvious double standard. ESPECIALLY to add to the end of it...GO TO HELL ALABAMA

113038[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

Awwww man...that whole "quote" system messing you up again WarTim?

113049[/snapback]

No. Just you. :)

I have no problem with the rammer jammer. It is the tackiest, most classless cheer in football, but it is only a cheer. It just makes it more fun when the 2 touchdown underdog wins 17-7 and gets to throw it right back in Bama's face on their own field.

Archived