I HATE ALABAMA

AURainman

Growing up in Georgia I never realized how bad the Auburn/Alabama rivalry was until I moved over here four years ago for school. I always considered the AU/UGA game to be the biggest game to me since I was always an AU fan, and one of the only one's at that, and hated to receive harrasment from the UGA fans that were everywhere.

However, now that I have been around and heard stories from my boyfried, who grew up in Demopolis, about 45 minutes south of Tuscaloosa, I understand what I true Auburn rivalry is. No one anywhere can explain why these fans act the way they do towards each other except for that it is pure hate. This rivalry lives and breathes what college football is all about. It makes the whole season worth while, especially during the years when one of the teams has nothing else to play for but that Iron Bowl victory. This year that won't be the case for Auburn and hopefully we won't let the rednecks from "yonder ways" spoil our hopes and dreams because I know that would be enough to encourage not only the players, but the fans, for the next season.

Once I graduate from here and have to attend that god-awful school for law school, I know I will have even stronger feelings of dislike for that place. However, that dislike will hopefully encourage me to strive to be my best so I can help the other poor little Political Sciene majors and others who strive to be attorneys, not have to attend the "other" school and one day I can build one at our truly blessed university.

IT'S GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER!!!! LET'S SHOW IT THIS SATURDAY!!!!!!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They blame Fat Phil for them being on probation, which is another thing that I hate about them. They can NEVER accept their fate, or admit when they were wrong.

Guess you are TOO young to remember AU fans blaming Bama for their last probation...and the one before that...and the one before that...etc ;)

110910[/snapback]

Well BG I can tell you for a fact the first time we got on probation in 1957 it was bama assistant coaches that concocted a bunch of BS. It's too long a story but I have mentioned some of it here a few times. If you want to get together in B'ham sometime I will lay out all the undisputable facts for you. Or you can call Vince Dooley and ask him. The details are vivid in my mind. Although I was at Auburn at the time, I still liked bama and had lots of friends there. I would go to tuscaloosa on weekends to visit with them. But the bama coaches actions turned me against bama and Bear Bryant forever. No bama fan who knows history should ever criticize Fulmer and worship Bryant. Otherwise they are just huge hypocrits.

That's one reason older Auburn fans delighted in seeing bama finally get their due.

I grew up in a small town (Class 1A in HS ball) during the late 70's mid 80's (I'm 37). Where I grew up it was pretty much equal with Alabama having a slight edge on the amount of fans. I had one teacher that would make students in his class with Alabama shirts on turn them inside out for his class. We had another teacher do the same thing to the Auburn fans. We all actually had a lot of fun together. Often meeting up at a central location to watch the games together. Sure we had a lot of good natured ribbing going on between us, but no one ever took any of it seriously. This is one reason that I've always considered this to be the greatest rivalry in college football or possibly football all together. I've been under the impression that the internet has done more harm to this rivalry than anything else. It's hard to let people know your true intentions when posting on a BB. So, even when things are said in jest, some people take it to seriously. And anonymity doesn't help matters either. People can post things just to pi$$ others of without the fear of any type of retribution.

Just keep in mind guys, any time I'm on here and say (type actually) anything somewhat against Auburn, I mean it all in fun. I have a lot of respect for Auburn, always have and always will.

I grew up in a small town (Class 1A in HS ball) during the late 70's mid 80's (I'm 37). Where I grew up it was pretty much equal with Alabama having a slight edge on the amount of fans. I had one teacher that would make students in his class with Alabama shirts on turn them inside out for his class. We had another teacher do the same thing to the Auburn fans. We all actually had a lot of fun together. Often meeting up at a central location to watch the games together. Sure we had a lot of good natured ribbing going on between us, but no one ever took any of it seriously. This is one reason that I've always considered this to be the greatest rivalry in college football or possibly football all together. I've been under the impression that the internet has done more harm to this rivalry than anything else. It's hard to let people know your true intentions when posting on a BB. So, even when things are said in jest, some people take it to seriously. And anonymity doesn't help matters either. People can post things just to pi$$ others of without the fear of any type of retribution.

Just keep in mind guys, any time I'm on here and say (type actually) anything somewhat against Auburn, I mean it all in fun. I have a lot of respect for Auburn, always have and always will.

110971[/snapback]

Good post Bo. I don't think anyone here questions your reason for posting here. Personally I'm glad you come here and likewise I appreciate your hospitality on Crimson Tusks :D

awesome sig pic orange  :thumbsup:

111032[/snapback]

Personally, I didn't think it was so great. :blink: :huh: :rolleyes:;)

111033[/snapback]

Bo, hate to tell you but a longtime friend of mine was captain of bama's FB team during the early Bryant years. He told me more than once that if a player had a good game he would find $200-300 in his street shoes after the game. That kinf of stuff was, and may still be, going a lot of places. But it was for sure at bama way back in the early 60s.

I have alot of friends that go to AU. Most of them seem pretty good, but every team has those fans that everyone could do with out. If I had to choose the worst fans, it would be LSU.

Don't you hate how a small faction of "fans" can ruin the experience of others everywhere? I've seen it happen and have had it happen to me as well. I've seen idiots who claim to be UA fans harass AU and UT fans at games in T-town, and I myself have been harassed at UT and at AU. fortunatly, it IS only a small faction and there are some great rival fans out there. I have had a great time at both Iron Bowls I've attended at AU (one my freshman year at UA and the second last year after transferring to AU). I guess the "worst" that has happened to me thus far was getting pelted with a miniture during last year's Iron Bowl after UA ran back the kickoff. But, to tell the truth, it didn't really bother me that much. Before, during, and after we all still had a good time with the REAL fans. AU is a great place to tailgate (if there's still any place left TO tailgate...ugh..) as well as UA. I hate you got ruffled up by a could of "fans", but hopefully you ave a batter time if you come down to tailgate in T-town. :)

I guess, as a fan, you just have to step back and realize there will always be a small faction of ***hole rival fans that you can't help but run into. Why? I dunno. I always had the theory of shipping idiots like that to France.

Oh, and on a side note. I'm drinking red koolaid right now...from an AU cup. ;) lol

Don't you hate how a small faction of "fans" can ruin the experience of others everywhere? I've seen it happen and have had it happen to me as well. I've seen idiots who claim to be UA fans harass AU and UT fans at games in T-town, and I myself have been harassed at UT and at AU. fortunatly, it IS only a small faction and there are some great rival fans out there. I have had a great time at both Iron Bowls I've attended at AU (one my freshman year at UA and the second last year after transferring to AU). I guess the "worst" that has happened to me thus far was getting pelted with a miniture during last year's Iron Bowl after UA ran back the kickoff. But, to tell the truth, it didn't really bother me that much. Before, during, and after we all still had a good time with the REAL fans. AU is a great place to tailgate (if there's still any place left TO tailgate...ugh..) as well as UA. I hate you got ruffled up by a could of "fans", but hopefully you ave a batter time if you come down to tailgate in T-town. :)

I guess, as a fan, you just have to step back and realize there will always be a small faction of ***hole rival fans that you can't help but run into. Why? I dunno. I always had the theory of shipping idiots like that to France.

Oh, and on a side note. I'm drinking red koolaid right now...from an AU cup. ;) lol

111214[/snapback]

Totally agree.

I've been harrassed in Gainesville, for instance, and absolutely hated UF fans until I chatted and met a few of their real fans, and now realize that is not what the majority of them are like. Same with Bama, Auburn, UGA, etc.

Sadly, it's like that with every fanbase.

I am also glad that you offered up a disclaimer. There are a few uat fans that are easy to tollerate. (The folks you mentioned are certainly in that group.)

The rest of the mullet nation should be given the "respect" that THEY earn.

(Something less than ZERO.)

C'mon folks, we all know that there are good people and bad people in every fanbase. A few? C'mon, the vast majority of Bama fans and AU fans that i know are perfectly nice people and that can be said for anyone who looks at it objectively. And as if there was no such thing as a AU fan being obnoxious and rude. i've seen too many examples of that at football games and at other events to believe otherwise. "Mullet nation"? That's a new one on me, it is clever though. i will have to say that hearing that from a AU fan does strike me as odd. If a count were to be taken, i would be willing to bet a lot of money on there being at least as many mullets in the Barner nation as anyone else's. UAT? What's with the all the slams people? Don't make me start calling y'all AUA fans :big:

War Eagle... fly over the field....ever to crap on it....never to yield!

i think i'm gonna love this board....never been a part of an AU fan site before.

It's always entertaining to see a bammer get his/her first sampling of WarTim! :lol:

Welcome CP. We love rival posters who at least usually know how to be civil.

There's still pride in anything colored crimson? :blink::big:

I am also glad that you offered up a disclaimer. There are a few uat fans that are easy to tollerate. (The folks you mentioned are certainly in that group.)

The rest of the mullet nation should be given the "respect" that THEY earn.

(Something less than ZERO.)

C'mon folks, we all know that there are good people and bad people in every fanbase. A few? C'mon, the vast majority of Bama fans and AU fans that i know are perfectly nice people and that can be said for anyone who looks at it objectively. And as if there was no such thing as a AU fan being obnoxious and rude. i've seen too many examples of that at football games and at other events to believe otherwise. "Mullet nation"? That's a new one on me, it is clever though. i will have to say that hearing that from a AU fan does strike me as odd. If a count were to be taken, i would be willing to bet a lot of money on there being at least as many mullets in the Barner nation as anyone else's. UAT? What's with the all the slams people? Don't make me start calling y'all AUA fans :big:

War Eagle... fly over the field....ever to crap on it....never to yield!

i think i'm gonna love this board....never been a part of an AU fan site before.

111664[/snapback]

bammerfan2.jpg

RedVanity,

You don't know the traditional "hair helment" of the Bama fan base? Especially the "Bear was God because my Daddy said so" crowd.

:puke::ua:

Guess what?...... I gotta' a Fever and the ONLY Rx is MORE COWBELL ! ! ! :)

Thanks for the huge LOL and WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

Well, I would give story about bammer fans, but I'll just cut to the chase, I Hate Alabama. I have never in my entire life pulled for an alabama team to beat anybody. I wish they would lose every game. Every bammer fan I've ever known, if you beat them in an argument they always refer to their past. I hate you alabama!! :angry:

its good to see some of our younger aubies growing up w/ the hatred of all-things-bama...i was afraid we'd lose some of that as we progressed through the AB years. :big:

having grown up during the 70s, having spent 6 years at UAT (fully acknowledging my auburness), having a family full of 'never-been-to-tuscaloosa' bammer fans, believe you me, i can relate to all that you guys are saying.

War Eagle!

ct

:au: I live in Nashville, Tennesee and graduated at Samford University in B"ham

and have always been an AUBURN fan. My sister graduated from Bama and all my family was Bama fan's even my ex-wife...Ha! but I have 2 girls and 2 boys all in

college and all are huge AUBURN fans. They have been to Auburn games

at Auburn and to SEC Championship and bowl games since they were old

enough to walk..........

They tend to hate UT more than Alabama since they were raised here in Nashville.

I too tend that way untill I go home to visit my Mother and sister and it brings

back the HATE for most Alabama Fans not all but most.

So WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!! :au::au::au::au::au:

Happiness is beating Tennessee and Alabama in ANYTHING--ANYTIME--ANYWHERE.

The TRUTH is, uat is not relevant to :au: .

Their program, if it can still be called that, is far behind and will take a while to recover from paying the penalties they earned.

Let uat worry about :au: , I will not waste a minute even considering their future.

Archived