I HATE ALABAMA

AURainman

1) I recently met Mr. Mullet at work. The last conversation with me was about how he liked the B-D Stadium in Northport. :blink: IKYN! :no:

2) I have many friends that to my knowledge have never been to Tuscaloosa and have thousands of dollars worth of :ua: stuff in their house.

3) I have learned that I dislike not :ua: but the :ua: mullet crowd. I could really like :ua: fans except for that "Rammer Jammer' cheer. Totally classless!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see why we chant it after beating a creampuff, nor do I understand chanting it after a close hard fought victory.

I don't see why we chant it after beating a creampuff, nor do I understand chanting it after a close hard fought victory.

111865[/snapback]

TF24 is one of my new :ua: friends , I think... ;)

"So shines a good deed in a weary world". :)

I dont see a problem with the rammer jammer cheer. Sorry, i just dont. Its just a cheer.

111876[/snapback]

Posted Today, 09:38 PM

After the Independence Bowl in in 2001, Bama was singing the RammerJammer cheer. Now Bama won the game only because ISU could not kick an FG, missed three? You are not "Beating the Hell Out of Anyone" when you win because the other team misfires. It is a win, but not beating the hell out of someone.

Rammer Jammer was just laughable then. Besides it is real good at firing the other team up for next year.

I dislike :ua: a lot.

BUT I HATE :uga: a whole lot more. UGAUGAUGA...... :angry::angry::angry:

:thumbsdown::uga::puke::uga::angry::uga:

I'm just a young old-fashioned kinda guy. I like plain jane uniforms (UA, Penn St. and Nebraska are my favorites) and I don't like out-of-the-way celebrating after touchdowns. The cheer after a win reminds me of Neon Deion doing some stupid well-practiced in front of a mirror dance. I like just being able to shake the hand of the visitors and say good game. It just doesn't feel right to beat Western Carolina 52-0 and then chant about it like they were number 1. Again, that's just me, and I'm not trying to force my opinion. Normally, I just keep quiet about the whole thing, because it turns into a touchy subject.

I'm just a young old-fashioned kinda guy.  I like plain jane uniforms (UA, Penn St. and Nebraska are my favorites) and I don't like out-of-the-way celebrating after touchdowns.  The cheer after a win reminds me of Neon Deion doing some stupid well-practiced in front of a mirror dance.  I like just being able to shake the hand of the visitors and say good game.  It just doesn't feel right to beat Western Carolina 52-0 and then chant about it like they were number 1.  Again, that's just me, and I'm not trying to force my opinion.  Normally, I just keep quiet about the whole thing, because it turns into a touchy subject.

111890[/snapback]

Ditto, my immediate family feels the same way. Besides, not giving someone bulletin board material leads to making it easier to beat them next year too.

I was a :ua: fan during the Bear years. :ua: never did the cheer until sometime during the Dubose years as far as I can tell.

TF, i've felt the same way about the 'rammer jammer' cheer...its cheered at such unbefitting times... so what if you just beat western carolina 55-3... who cares. OR, if you squeak by iowa state due to their mistake...hardly fitting there.

it does seem fitting when you beat a rival (UT, AU, LSU, etc.) badly. maybe there, but it's still tacky.

YET: yelling the cheer BEFORE the game..."we're gonna beat..." is more ok... lemme tell you a story. during my first trip through tuscaloosa, i acquired tickets to the UT/UAt game in b'ham, and a couple of UT buddies came down from nashville to go to the game w/ me. naturally, my tickets were in the student section. before the game, the cheer got rolling in full force, and it clearly intimidated my friends. nevermind that UT had the better team that year, and were favored (and ended up winning comfortably after bama jumped out to a small lead early)... my buddies looked at each other during the cheer w/ some small measure of trepidation...now, i thot that was cool. embarassingly enough, however, UA didn't beat anything out of anybody .... all talk, no walk that day, which is the downside of using the cheer prior to the game :no:

i said all that to say this: UAT likes the cheer, in part, because we don't like it. it's more humorous when they use it these days, because it simply doesn't apply as much as it did in the past.

ct

When you say we should not do the Rammer Jammer cheer before the game, thats like saying we shouldnt do any type of cheer. I mean who cares if Alabama does the Rammer Jammer cheer, does it really hurt anyone that much? The thing is, Alabama doesnt play the Rammer Jammer cheer before the games now. They only play it when they win. I think if Alabama wins, they deserve to play it.

When you say we should not do the Rammer Jammer cheer before the game, thats like saying we shouldnt do any type of cheer. I mean who cares if Alabama does the Rammer Jammer cheer, does it really hurt anyone that much? The thing is, Alabama doesnt play the Rammer Jammer cheer before the games now. They only play it when they win. I think if Alabama wins, they deserve to play it.

111966[/snapback]

The best way to keep them from doing it is to beat the crap out of them...and I am unanimous in this! :blink::au:

They only play it when they win. I think if Alabama wins, they deserve to play it.

111966[/snapback]

Good thing...we will hear it less often in the future. :D

I'm just a young old-fashioned kinda guy.  I like plain jane uniforms (UA, Penn St. and Nebraska are my favorites) and I don't like out-of-the-way celebrating after touchdowns.  The cheer after a win reminds me of Neon Deion doing some stupid well-practiced in front of a mirror dance.  I like just being able to shake the hand of the visitors and say good game.  It just doesn't feel right to beat Western Carolina 52-0 and then chant about it like they were number 1.  Again, that's just me, and I'm not trying to force my opinion.  Normally, I just keep quiet about the whole thing, because it turns into a touchy subject.

111890[/snapback]

Are you sure you are a UAT fan? Maybe you just woke from a comma and some one is playing a cruel trick on you by placing UAT stuff everwhere in your house? :roflol:

so UAT doesn't do the cheer before games anymore? if ever, that's THE time to do it, IMO! as i stated before, the only other time to brazenly gloat over a victory in such a crass manner would be if you thumped a big rival in a game that was supposed to be close.

meanwhile, did anyone hear the 'overrated' chant by FSU as they were ramma jammering UVA this past weekend?

ct

Good God, this is turning into the Rammer Jammer debate from TF all over again.... :roll:

112528[/snapback]

yes it is! :cheer:

weigh in, Streyeder!

112529[/snapback]

There's no point. What AU fan WOULD like RJ? Heck, some UA fans don't! Even the people who DO agree think it should be applied in several different ways. do any of you REALLY think you can change anyone else's mind on this subject, especially on and AUBURN FORUM?!?!? You'd have better luck convincing Michael Moore to vote for Bush...

See what you've done. Now I'm all riled up! :P

Good God, this is turning into the Rammer Jammer debate from TF all over again.... :roll:

112528[/snapback]

yes it is! :cheer:

weigh in, Streyeder!

112529[/snapback]

There's no point. What AU fan WOULD like RJ? Heck, some UA fans don't! Even the people who DO agree think it should be applied in several different ways. do any of you REALLY think you can change anyone else's mind on this subject, especially on and AUBURN FORUM?!?!? You'd have better luck convincing Michael Moore to vote for Bush...

See what you've done. Now I'm all riled up! :P

112746[/snapback]

Just to make my point, so I don't look like an AU homer.

Let's say that LSU does the rammerjammer cheer. Let's say we go down there, play a great defensive smashmouth football game and get beat by a late fieldgoal. I mean this game was as good as it gets. Personally, I would laugh in the face of an LSU fan for telling me they just beat the hell out of me after winning a close game by a few points.

Another situation. Remember last year when all those Sooner fans came to T-Town and had a great trip? Let's say they don't fake punt, give it back to us, and we comeback and win by a few points. Would they really think highly of us after coming back to barely beat them and then chanting "we just beat the hell out of you!!!!!"?? Not only do I think they would call us stupid, but I would feel stupid for saying to them.

It just seems pointless to use the cheer. JMO, and I wasn't a barner in a previous life.

I don't see what the big deal is. It's just a stupid cheer. I say if they want to sound like a bunch of rednecks, so be it. Let them be the rednecks they are. Fine by me.

:au: WDE :au:

I just spent the last three years in that stinking town and I can't remember their beating the hell out of anyone (well, anyone that mattered).

If you wanna get on bama for a stupid game ritual, make it their putting four fingers up in the air at the end of the third quarter, as if to say "we own the fourth quarter." That may be a means of intimidation when you put a quality football team on the field who almost never loses at home, but don't do it when you've lost 6 of your last 14 conference games at home. Then it's just embarrassing.

I just spent the last three years in that stinking town and I can't remember their beating the hell out of anyone (well, anyone that mattered).

If you wanna get on bama for a stupid game ritual, make it their putting four fingers up in the air at the end of the third quarter, as if to say "we own the fourth quarter."  That may be a means of intimidation when you put a quality football team on the field who almost never loses at home, but don't do it when you've lost 6 of your last 14 conference games at home.  Then it's just embarrassing.

112752[/snapback]

Umm. If you watched ANY football besides AU, you would realize that just about every team holds up four fingers at the end of the third quarter. Both sides even.

Here's a question...why do I not hear any AU fans talking about how classless it is when they do the same cheer TO alabama and end it with "Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer, Go to Hell Alabama"

Telling a team to go to hell in a cheer seems more classless if you ask me.

Is this another example of the double standard held by auburn fans? Slam us for something that you say is classles...but because we have done it to you for so long, it gives you the green light to do it back?

Archived