Singing the National Anthem

Tigerdog

auburntigers.com says Brad Cotter will be signing the national anthem.

This is the first time that the band has not played it.

My question is do other college stadiums and collegiate athletics have singers singing the national anthem or is it always the band?

thoughts.?

why we sing when they play it

110776[/snapback]

yea but isn't cotter the guy who won the Nashville star thing? he's pretty big and probably won't want a band playing behind him.

Well congrats to Brad, and War Eagle! It's nice of him to come to sing for AU.

I don't understand why we are changing the routine in the middle of the season. There's no way the band plays behind him unless it's going to be a very small portion of the band (like 15 pieces). The band will overpower one singer, regardless of if he/she is miked.

Well congrats to Brad, and War Eagle!  It's nice of him to come to sing for AU.

I don't understand why we are changing the routine in the middle of the season.  There's no way the band plays behind him unless it's going to be a very small portion of the band (like 15 pieces).  The band will overpower one singer, regardless of if he/she is miked.

110838[/snapback]

not true i believe we played back up to someone singing god bless america. the problem with the band playing and cotter singing is the mic delay. Brad's voice even thoguh he is singing in time with the band will be projected as him being very behind... so timing issues have to be worked on...

I'm sure the AUMB wouldn't mind turning the anthem over to Cotter this week. Either way I'm going to miss it as I'll be out of town Saturday. <_<

I think the reason that he is singing it is because he is in town to do a free concert for the war on hunger campaign on Friday night in front of Beard-Eaves. I imagine they just asked him to stick around and sing at the game.

Archived