Borges Passing Game ( TD Avg )

StatTiger

While at Portland State, Borges coached a QB by the name of John Charles. He finished his career with 527 pass attempts for 58 TD's. How impressive was his career average of a TD pass every 9.09 pass attempt? The most prolific passer in the history of the SEC, Danny Wuerffel averaged a TD pass every 10.26 pass attempt.

So far this season, Auburn has 14 TD passes on 149 pass attempts. Look at the following ratio of TD passes to pass attempts. I've selected some of the best QB's to play in the SEC for comparison:

Ratio- Player

9.09- J.Charles

10.26- Wuerffel UF

10.64- Auburn 2004

14.42- Grossman UF

14.60- Johnson UF

15.52- Manning UT

16.00- Couch UK

16.24- Mathews UF

16.83- E.Manning Ole

16.86- Hodson LSU

16.93- Clausen UT

19.41- Lorenzen UK

19.82- Taneyhill USC

20.93- Zeier UGA

WDE / Beat Arkansas! :cheer::cheer::au::cheer::cheer:

That is some very impressive stuff, Stat!

Borges continues to amaze me

Bodes well for our future QB's as well.

Just curious, what was the ratio of TDs to QB/passing when Petrino was here vs. now with Borges?

Those passing numbers look nice but I think we dominate Arkansas on the ground. If we have just HALF the running success that UAT had against Ark, I'm thinking this will be Carnell's break out game he's been waiting for. Ark just looked sooo soft against the run...could be wrong. This is always a stange game for us for some reason...

Those passing numbers look nice but I think we dominate Arkansas on the ground.  If we have just HALF the running success that UAT had against Ark, I'm thinking this will be Carnell's break out game he's been waiting for.  Ark just looked sooo soft against the run...could be wrong.  This is always a stange game for us for some reason...

110958[/snapback]

Numa I agree but if JC has 2 TD passes on 19-25 pass attempts, we are probably having a great game. What I like about our passing game is that there is improvement in quality and not quantity. JC has been outstanding on 3rd down this season and his command of the offense ( checks at the line ) have been the major key to our success. For the first time since JC has been our QB, opposing defenses see him as a true threat and they can no longer sell out to stop our running game.

With that being said, we remain a run-offense and we need at least 175 rushing to win.

That is excellent. I hope this weekend that ratio gets a little better!!!

110990[/snapback]

On a side not...

Auburn is 10-0 when Campbell tosses 2 TD passes in a game.

Archived