Fearless Predictions

WarEagleFL

Game of the Week

Arkansas (3-2) at Auburn (6-0), 3:30 EST CBS

Why to watch: For SEC die-hards hoping for a national champion to come from the conference, Auburn is the last gasp hope. The Tigers took over the race with a better-than-expected defense and a precise offense jumping out to a 6-0 start. With a relatively favorable schedule ahead, the Tigers will be one of the nation's more scrutinized teams. However, the SEC finds a way to dump on the favorites in a real hurry (just ask Georgia) and Arkansas is looking to play spoiler and get in the SEC West race. The Hogs control their own destiny, but it all has to start with a win against one of the nation's hottest teams.

Why Arkansas might win: Auburn is notorious for playing out-of-this-world when not much is expected, but the collar seems to tighten quickly as the favorite. Now all the pressure is on the Tigers which is exactly how Arkansas wants it. Nothing was expected of the the Hogs, but they've navigated the waters and stayed afloat. QB Matt Jones is always a wild card good enough to throw a scare into any defense and good enough to mount comebacks against teams that turn the intensity off. Arkansas has the SEC's best offense averaging 459 yards and 37.8 points per game and could stun the Tigers early.

Why Auburn might win: The Tiger defense has been outstanding and the running game should be able to motor over the Arkansas defense. The Hogs had major problems with Cedric Benson and Texas and allowed 62 yards and two touchdowns to Florida's Ciatrick Fason. Auburn's formula of running the ball, accurate passing from Jason Campbell (which shouldn't be an issue against a Hog defense that has problems stopping accurate quarterbacks) and the stout defense should be enough to win.

Who to watch: Arkansas is a bit banged up and needs to do some quick scrambling losing one of the key offensive players with starting right tackle Zack Tubbs out for the year with a broken ankle. The line is now younger and more inexperienced at the worst time possible with redshirt freshmen Matt Gilbow and Nate Garner combining to take over. This means Jones will have to scramble more than usual.

What will happen: Auburn will struggle a bit, but the ground attack will wear the Hogs down just enough to pull away late.

CFN Prediction: Auburn 34 ... Arkansas 17 ... Line: Auburn -13

CFN

Game of the Week

Arkansas (3-2) at Auburn (6-0), 3:30 EST CBS

Why to watch: For SEC die-hards hoping for a national champion to come from the conference, Auburn is the last gasp hope. The Tigers took over the race with a better-than-expected defense and a precise offense jumping out to a 6-0 start. With a relatively favorable schedule ahead, the Tigers will be one of the nation's more scrutinized teams. However, the SEC finds a way to dump on the favorites in a real hurry (just ask Georgia) and Arkansas is looking to play spoiler and get in the SEC West race. The Hogs control their own destiny, but it all has to start with a win against one of the nation's hottest teams. 

Why Arkansas might win: Auburn is notorious for playing out-of-this-world when not much is expected, but the collar seems to tighten quickly as the favorite. Now all the pressure is on the Tigers which is exactly how Arkansas wants it. Nothing was expected of the the Hogs, but they've navigated the waters and stayed afloat. QB Matt Jones is always a wild card good enough to throw a scare into any defense and good enough to mount comebacks against teams that turn the intensity off. Arkansas has the SEC's best offense averaging 459 yards and 37.8 points per game and could stun the Tigers early.

Why Auburn might win: The Tiger defense has been outstanding and the running game should be able to motor over the Arkansas defense. The Hogs had major problems with Cedric Benson and Texas and allowed 62 yards and two touchdowns to Florida's Ciatrick Fason. Auburn's formula of running the ball, accurate passing from Jason Campbell (which shouldn't be an issue against a Hog defense that has problems stopping accurate quarterbacks) and the stout defense should be enough to win.

Who to watch: Arkansas is a bit banged up and needs to do some quick scrambling losing one of the key offensive players with starting right tackle Zack Tubbs out for the year with a broken ankle. The line is now younger and more inexperienced at the worst time possible with redshirt freshmen Matt Gilbow and Nate Garner combining to take over. This means Jones will have to scramble more than usual.

What will happen: Auburn will struggle a bit, but the ground attack will wear the Hogs down just enough to pull away late.

CFN Prediction: Auburn 34 ... Arkansas 17 ... Line: Auburn -13

CFN

110980[/snapback]

I predicted 42-10 on an Arky board. I'll do the same here. :au:

I think :au: will beat the :arky: sooies.

I also think that arky will score a rushing TD.

But I also feel that AU does NOT give up at home as they have in the past to Nutts pigs.

Barring major injuries,

:au: - 34- :arky: 17

Because of our experiences in the past I find it hard to feel secure about this (or any other) game.

Should we beat the hogs? Yes, and no better than their defense tackles we should beat them badly. If this game were played on paper (which it is not) I would say something along the lines of 48-10.

Since things go wrong like players having bad days and officials serving agendas I will say :au: 35 :arky: 14, but that still may be wishful thinking. I would take a 3-0 win.

I, too, am always concerned abouthte Hogs. Hopefully, this year will not be favoring the last time they came and played at JH. I think revenge will be waiting for that game, and I think these Tigers want to keep their undefeated record.

:au: 45

:arky: 21

Another Nutt win over Tubby at Auburn. Say good bye to your national championship dreams. Not this year

Arkansas 21

Auburn 18

Another Nutt win over Tubby at Auburn.  Say good bye to your national championship dreams.  Not this year

Arkansas 21

Auburn 18

111017[/snapback]

Game scares me to death, but here's hopin' you're wrong, Piglett:

AU 17

Arky 10

Another fan that disappears after this weekend.  Say goodbye to hSv

111020[/snapback]

hSv was here waaaaaaaaaay before you. He's never been disrespectful.

111020[/snapback]

111030[/snapback]

he disappeared after last years loss and he will again after Saturday.

111020[/snapback]

111030[/snapback]

111031[/snapback]

Maybe so, but I'm willing to bet he would disappear even if they win. He's not like some of the LSU fans that was here just to talk smack.

111020[/snapback]

111030[/snapback]

111031[/snapback]

Maybe so, but I'm willing to bet he would disappear even if they win. He's not like some of the LSU fans that was here just to talk smack.

111036[/snapback]

I don't know if it was him or not but before last years game there was a few piggies on the board talking all sorts of trash and they disappeared after the loss. I'm willing to bet the same will happen after this Saturday.

You are right though, he is not like the LSU folks.. Thank God for that! :D

by the way, my prediction.. Auburn 35 - Arkansas 13

111020[/snapback]

111030[/snapback]

111031[/snapback]

111036[/snapback]

I don't know if it was him or not but before last years game there was a few piggies on the board talking all sorts of trash and they disappeared after the loss. I'm willing to bet the same will happen after this Saturday.

You are right though, he is not like the LSU folks.. Thank God for that! :D

by the way, my prediction.. Auburn 35 - Arkansas 13

111038[/snapback]

After looking back over some of his post, I probably would have considered some smack, until the LSU rampage over the summer. I don't think I could have taken it if they would have beaten AU again. My wife thought I was crazy when I was running through the house screaming WAR EAGLE!!!!! after the Jason Campbell touchdown pass. :lol::lol::lol:

oh yeah, and AU wins 28-13.

The piggies will keep it close the first half, get us worried, but we pull away in the 4th qtr. to win 31-17. Then we roll Toomers and head for some BBQ pork.

By the way where is a good BBQ place in Auburn these days?

The piggies will keep it close the first half, get us worried, but we pull away in the 4th qtr. to win 31-17. Then we roll Toomers and head for some BBQ pork.

111048[/snapback]

the selection is endless....On College St. you have Golden Rule BBQ and Price's Barbeque House. On Auburn-Opelika Rd. you have Byron's Smokehouse and Country's BBQ, and on Shug you have Chucks BBQ as well as Tine's Cottage. I would recommend Byron's or Golden Rule for after the game and Barbeque House before the game. BBQ House is an Auburn Tradition befoer football games and it's right across the street from campus. Get the Pork platter with Brunswick Stew....oops, I just got slobber on my keyboard.

111048[/snapback]

the selection is endless....On College St. you have Golden Rule BBQ and Price's Barbeque House. On Auburn-Opelika Rd. you have Byron's Smokehouse and Country's BBQ, and on Shug you have Chucks BBQ as well as Tine's Cottage. I would recommend Byron's or Golden Rule for after the game and Barbeque House before the game. BBQ House is an Auburn Tradition befoer football games and it's right across the street from campus. Get the Pork platter with Brunswick Stew....oops, I just got slobber on my keyboard.

111088[/snapback]

13th street BBQ was the best, but they have closed now. Golden Rule and BBQ House are both good

Another Nutt win over Tubby at Auburn.  Say good bye to your national championship dreams.  Not this year

Arkansas 21

Auburn 18

111017[/snapback]

Sounds a lot like what we said going into the UGA game 2 years ago. "Another Auburn win over Georgia. The Dawgs don't scare us, we'll make it 4 in a row."

That's all I'm going to say.

Archived