This game really worries me.

PowerI

It seems we always have a real hard time with Arkansas, no matter how bad they are or how good we are. It seems that Tuberville has some kind of mental block when it comes to beating Houston Nutt. I know we won last year, but just by the skin of our teeth and we had a much better team.

This year we have better players AND a better team and I am still worried. Maybe Jones will miss the flight. Nah, scratch that I want to beat them when they are at their best or lose taking their best shot.

:au: I think that it will be a good game, but AU will win by at least 10 pts. The one game that has everybody worried was the one when they ran for like 300 million yards, untouched through our defense. Don't worry, that won't happen this year. :au:

This year we have better players AND a better team and I am still worried.  Maybe Jones will miss the flight.  Nah, scratch that I want to beat them when they are at their best or lose taking their best shot.

111108[/snapback]

You may not need to worry. Jones isn't at practice because of the flu. Hopefully it's a 24 hour bug.

I don't take a win over these guys for granted EVER...they're harder to kill than kudzu.

i'm looking forward to it from a purely tough football stand point. i'd rather skip it as an auburn fan. the hogs put a chill in me. i also don't know that we have better players from a skills set. i know dt and dansby are better than the replacements (although i think a.t. is more of a playmaker at olb than travis was), and no one has given the consistent rush that torbor did (although q has looked great the last two games).

if we play disciplined then we should win, but that's easier said than done against matty.

Honestly... does anyone ever notice how the same topic or same question always comes up again and again and again? I think we have had this mentioned many times. It's like on Fimebaum... i don't listen to him much because the callers call in and give the same opinion or ask the same question as previous callers day after day after day.

Auburn fans are more worried about this game then the team is. Auburn will come out and destroy Arkansas

i'm looking forward to it from a purely tough football stand point. i'd rather skip it as an auburn fan. the hogs put a chill in me. i also don't know that we have better players from a skills set. i know dt and dansby are better than the replacements (although i think a.t. is more of a playmaker at olb than travis was), and no one has given the consistent rush that torbor did (although q has looked great the last two games).

if we play disciplined then we should win, but that's easier said than done against matty.

111159[/snapback]

Should Arkansas just go ahead and forfeit the game? Nah, the hogs will take their chances.........

WPS

I don't take a win over these guys for granted EVER...they're harder to kill than kudzu.

111116[/snapback]

"Harder to kill than kudzu." Great! They ARE pesky!

Get out the AGENT ORANGE !!

Honestly... does anyone ever notice how the same topic or same question always comes up again and again and again? I think we have had this mentioned many times. It's like on Fimebaum... i don't listen to him much because the callers call in and give the same opinion or ask the same question as previous callers day after day after day.

Auburn fans are more worried about this game then the team is. Auburn will come out and destroy Arkansas

I honestly am very worried about this game. I don't worry about every game either. I will say that I am not worried at all about Kentucky, Ole Miss, or Bama and I am more scared of this Arkansas game than I am of the Georgia game. Arkansas is easy to overlook but tough to beat. I know we say that the team won't overlook arky but we are very highly ranked and everyone is talking about us in the national title hunt. I just hope the players don't think to much into that. We win by 10 or less.

I am much more worried about this game than LSU or UT. Maybe it's just cause we are undefeated now though and i'm just waiting for somethign to ruin a great season. And this loss sure would.

Come on guys. Have some faith in our Tigers, I know how :arky: can be, but these guys seemed to have something about them I personally have not seen in a Auburn team and from what I understand from my father after watching all the home games in person "There is something about our boys this year, something I haven't seen in a long time." I got to keep posititve about the games worried or not. If we show up get loud and let them know we think they can win, they will feed off the crowd and show once again this :au: team is what we think they can be.

WDE!! got my ticket read, is it saturday yet???

Well, I don't know if the TEAM is overlooking this game, but at least it's a good indication that us fans are not. I just hope we beat them.

Hog fans, no matter what, you can tell that your team gets respect.

look at the rushing defense stats for arkie against the better teams this year....it woould seem that they would have to load up at the line of scrimmage to stop the dynamic duo,would it not?....if so,campbell should be able to make a nuttcase out of nutt

Heard that Nutt was putting his players through a miny bootcamp which placed special emphasis on stopping the run. This one really worries me. I know Nutt will have his team ready.

It just always seems that when we get ourselves in a position to reach the next level, we always find a way to blow it. We always seem to choke.

Heard that Nutt was putting his players through a miny bootcamp which placed special emphasis on stopping the run.  This one really worries me.  I know Nutt will have his team ready. 

It just always seems that when we get ourselves in a position to reach the next level, we always find a way to blow it.  We always seem to choke.

111613[/snapback]

I heard this before the lsu game....I also heard it before the Tenn. game. Our players seem to get ready for every game, whether it be the citadel or Lsu...we came prepared. The only thing that worries me is how competitive arkansas can be...but as far as auburn's team preparation goes, I am not worried in the least bit.

Lord knows we have good reason to be concerned about this game! Nutt has seemed to have TT's number for four of the last five years and we are riding high, so to speak. I've read with interest this week where Tubs has said that the players are relaxed, having fun and they have tapered off the "rough stuff". That might be a signal of things to come. I too, hope that we can win this thing and IF we do, it will be because of concentration, focus, and that extra effort on the part of the WHOLE team. We simply CANNOT look ahead or become cream puffs at this time of the year when the "meat" of the schedule lies ahead. We have to get to Jones, we have to contain him and play SEVERE defense. We have everything going for us including a home crowd and simply cannot afford to slip up on this one. I hope Carnell and Ronnie and the other seniors are keeping the underclassmen focused on this game...... WDE Forever! :au:

Heard that Nutt was putting his players through a miny bootcamp which placed special emphasis on stopping the run.  This one really worries me.  I know Nutt will have his team ready. 

It just always seems that when we get ourselves in a position to reach the next level, we always find a way to blow it.  We always seem to choke.

111613[/snapback]

I heard this before the lsu game....I also heard it before the Tenn. game. Our players seem to get ready for every game, whether it be the citadel or Lsu...we came prepared. The only thing that worries me is how competitive arkansas can be...but as far as auburn's team preparation goes, I am not worried in the least bit.

111614[/snapback]

I feel that this game will be close until the fourth quarter. That's when the O line will take over and Auburn wins going away.

The hogs are a tough bunch. They have alot to be proud of, and the future is very bright. But the present AU team is too good for a let down at this time.

:au: -31

:arky: - 17

You might have had better players, but not a better TEAM

111105[/snapback]

If you really think arky was a better TEAM( :rolleyes: ) than us in 2002 could I please have some of what you are drinking?

111613[/snapback]

Great attitude there Stuart ! ! ! :blink:

Get real, step up to the plate...BE A TIGER ! ! ! :au:

Archived