Who Goes to SECC from the West

Proud Tiger

LSU fans are saying that if they, Auburn and Ark. all end up with 2 losses, LSU will likely go to the SECC. They are saying if all three have two losses it will be decided based on the BCS rankings. I thought in this case there was no way LSU could go since we beat them and would have the same record, I am also unaware that the SEC uses the BCS rankings in any way to determine the participats in the SECC game. Anyone know the facts?

I thought they would then use West records.

If AU loses to Ark and Bama

and

Ark loses to UF and LSU

and

LSU runs the table

LSU would go?

If both :au: and :lsu: have 2 loses then :au: would go because they own the tie breaker because :au: beat :lsu: head-to-head. BCS ranking have nothing to do with the SECCG.

If both  :au:   and  :lsu:   have 2 loses then  :au:   would go because they own the tie breaker because  :au:   beat  :lsu:   head-to-head. BCS ranking have nothing to do with the SECCG.

111149[/snapback]

What he said

If both  :au:   and  :lsu:   have 2 loses then  :au:   would go because they own the tie breaker because  :au:   beat  :lsu:   head-to-head. BCS ranking have nothing to do with the SECCG.

111149[/snapback]

That's exactly what I thought. Guess some the LSU posters on LSUTigerForum are

delusional as usual (no offense to our LSU guests here).

Well, I'm not 100% sure how it would go, but I do think bcs determines it when necessary.

If arky, lsu, and AU were tied. Head to head would be thrown out because all teams would have 1-1 records head to head. That is the only way they could tie with 2 losses. we lose to arky and they lose to lsu.

111149[/snapback]

What he said

111150[/snapback]

Thats not what was stated. If AU LSU and ARK were tied, ARK having beaten AU and lost to LSU.

Please stop all this Speculation......Straight from the SEC's Webpage. Auburn has ZERO loses less worry about all this when :au: drops a game or two.

A. TWO-TEAM TIE

Head-to-head competition between the two tied teams.

Records of the tied teams within the division.

Head-to-head competition vs. the team within the division with the best overall record (divisional and non-divisional) Conference record and proceeding through the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken from first to last.

Overall record vs. all common non-divisional opponents.

Combined record vs. all common non-divisional teams.

Record vs. common non-divisional team with the best overall Conference (divisional and non-divisional) record and proceeding through other common non-divisional teams based on their order of finish within their division.

The tied team with the highest ranking in the Bowl Championship Series Standings following the last weekend of regular-season games shall be the divisional representative in the SEC Championship Game.

B. THREE (OR MORE) TEAM TIE

(Once the tie has been reduced to two teams, go to the two-team tie-breaker format.)

Combined head-to-head record among the tied teams.

Record of the tied teams within the division.

Head-to-head competition vs. the team within the division with the best overall (divisional and non-divisional) Conference record and proceeding through the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken from first to last.

Overall record vs. non-division teams.

Combined record vs. all common non-divisional teams.

Record vs. common non-divisional team with the best overall Conference (divisional and non-divisional) record and proceeding through other common non-divisional teams based on their order of finish within their division.

The tied team with the highest ranking in the Bowl Championship Series Standings following the last weekend of regular-season games shall be the divisional representative in the SEC Championship Game, unless the second of the tied teams is ranked within five-or-fewer places of the highest ranked tied team. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the SEC Championship Game.

i'm fairly sure that if there is a 3 way tie with au beating lsu and ark beating au (won't happen) and lsu beating ark and both with 2 losses then the division record would be used. thus, if all 3 teams are 6-2 in the sec and one of the 3 has the 2 losses against the west and the other 2 have there 2nd loss against the east then the team with 2 losses against the west would be eliminated. then the seccg representative would be decided by the 2 remaining teams head to head.

Arkansas would go, since Auburn/LSU lost to UGA, while Arkansas would have beat UGA.

6)  Combined record vs. all common non-divisional teams.

Thats the only common team, and Arkansas would have the best record.

I did not say I was speculating or thought Auburn would lose two games. If you read my original post that started this thread I said LSU fans were saying......blah, blah, blah.

PT, why are you still wasting your time with TigerForums? Didn't you say you would never post there anymore or something? It might be time to just let it go...

It's waaaaayyy too early to try and work out that scenario. After the uk game, maybe, and after the ugaly game for sure. But until then, there are a myriad of possibilities. Makes my head hurt just trying to think of them.

Anyway, after we take care of business Sat, there will be NO discussion on said situation.

Anything can happen in the SEC people....I think UT will win out...I really do but UT losing to USC and UGA winning out would not shock me considering the crap thats happened the last 5 years. Weirder things have happened.

Its simple. If we take care of business on Saturday, we will own all tie breakers against Arkansas and LSU. When Bama loses another SEC game (I am sure they will), they will have 3 losses and will not qualify for the 2 loss catagory. That means we would have a full 2 game buffer to play with.

If we win the next 3, we are Atlanta bound, regardless of UGA/Bama.

Arkansas actually thinks they might have a chance this weekend? :roflol:

111310[/snapback]

When was the last time Auburn thumped Ark? They pretty much always have a chance...

Archived