Well to anyone who wanted Petrino as our HC

PChamp119

What ya'll think now? Anyone who wanted Petrino over Tuberville last season. Thank god he is not our coach. He freaking blows. He did a great job all game... Louisville did a great job... #1 shoulda had the INT... the fact is Petrino sucked in the 4th quarter. ANYBODY coulda coached that better.

If he were our coach in that LSU final drive situation. First we might not have scored. But if we did, on the defensive side.... LSU woulda gotten in FG range and won. What the hell was Petrino thinking on 3rd and 10 and rushing 5 or 6 men? All Miami knows how to do is throw it in the middle of the field... rushing 5 or 6 isn't gonna change that all - if anything it encourages it. Keep those guys in the middle of the field and have them as zone. They coulda won this game, but they didn't. HORRIBLE Defensive strategy - no Timeouts and horrible defensive play calling. Then on offense calling a TO with the clock stopped.... IDIOT

Bobby Petrino is a great coach, don't get me wrong... but that was the worst coaching ever. EVER! Thank god he isn't our coach cuz we would never win the big one with him.

If he were our coach... he would not be anymore. Lowder would be on the phone right now.... "ur gone... don't ever show your face in Auburn again"

i disagree that petrino did a horrible job, but he certainly has to learn the ropes in crunch time. he's also got to find a defense... scoring on every possesion? gimme a break. you score 38 in someone else's house that has to be a win. period. he reminds me of a mark richt type of guy. he's going to blow it, but hopefully, for louisville, he'll learn what not to do again (like not taking that timeout with the U on the 1? c'mon now).

and bg i think you've overrated that miami talent. those teams were not that uneven. miami doesn't have a load of talent on offense. berlin couldn't start for louisville. the running backs are a draw at best for miami (i'd rather have shelton and bush, but it's close). the wideouts at louisville are better, at least better than the ones miami had tonight (without sinorice moss). and neither team has a defense. say what you want about what both had done before tonight, there isn't a team in the nation that could hang 40 on us or oklahoma or uga or even wisconsin. no defense. this was pretty evenly matched game.

Horrible clock management... UL is loaded with redshirted talent. Theyre gonna be good for a while. I don't think Petrino is a bad coach, but I'm more than happy to keep Tubs. I really didnt understand all the fuss by people wanting to bring him here last year, I thought it was a pretty lateral move by the admins.

This game shows why non-BCS teams can't hang with the top teams of the country... just not enough stamina. UL did an awesome job though, and I bet in a year or 2 they will be hanging with some top tier teams. They should own the Big Easy next year.

Here's a question... Is Miami way overranked, or is Louisville way underranked?

Hopefully we can leapfrog Miami with a good showing on Saturday. You gotta give it to Miami for turning it on when they needed to.

little of both. miami is clearly not a dominant team. we've looked better all year. purdue looks better. uva has looked better (although i think fsu will take care of that). heck cal looks better. and louisville is probably a top 15 team.

Geeze BS, did you forget where the :poke: emoticon was?

What has Petrino done to be a better HC than CTT? Wonder how many people would agree with you even on a non-Auburn board? I mean, you have no statistics or facts to back that up.

I bet Shula's a better coach than the lot of them, right?

thank you! BP has done NOTHING. Never has and never will with play calling like that against top talent in crunch time. Blows a huge lead and horrible clock management and horrible defensive play calling.... BP is an OC and thats it. He is an offensive coach - thats why their D sux

He hasnt had time to build the whole team yet. I was very impressed that he had this good of a team in just two years.

The D was very weak, obviously no depth. Miami had depth and just wore them down.

Give BP time, he will be a great one and Louisville will be a Top Ten Team soon. Heck, they lost and may still go UP in the polls. 38 points on Miami at Home? We should be that lucky.

It's not a question of talent. His team executed and played great. His coaching is why they lost. If they had that extra minute to drive, they would've had a much better shot.

I agree. I was just pointing out that Louisville was actually molding into a team. Not there yet, but getting closer.

I disagree. Petrino didnt have 1/10th of the talent UM has and still hung with em.

I think Petrino is a better coach than CTT so far...

111483[/snapback]

LOL

Let me guess bg. You think snot nosed puppy is a better Coach than Tubby too,...Right? :lol::lol::lol:

Take a look at Coach Tuberville's record against top ten teams and get back to me on this one. :big:

He hasnt had time to build the whole team yet. I was very impressed that he had this good of a team in just two years.

The D was very weak, obviously no depth. Miami had depth and just wore them down.

Give BP time, he will be a great one and Louisville will be a Top Ten Team soon. Heck, they lost and may still go UP in the polls. 38  points on Miami at Home? We should be that lucky.

111504[/snapback]

Yes looking at what BP has done in this his second season, I would say he has done a very nice job, but it doesnt hurt that some of the players he has now were recruited by him at Auburn and where coming to Auburn before he goes to Louisville and they follow right along with him. However to say he is better than CTT is laughable at best, but I will not take away from what he has done there so far, given a little more depth on D and they win that game by 14.

Wasen't that Redshirt freshman QB the one BP was recruiting just before he split for Louisville and then recruited him there?

BP may be a better X & O coach than Tuberville but he does lack Tommy's game experience. He also has to learn some ethics(Leave a team and then take the recruited tallent with you, all but stab your last boss in the back to take his job that he does not know is lost).

If this game would not have helped clear a path to the top 3 for Auburn I would have been pulling for Miami and I hate Miami.

P.S. I agree the clock management and play calling in the second half was terrible for Louisville.

BP may be a better X & O coach than Tuberville but he does lack Tommy's game experience.  He also has to learn some ethics(Leave a team and then take the recruited tallent with you, all but stab your last boss in the back to take his job that he does not know is lost).

111520[/snapback]

Lest we forget CTT did the same thing with Ole Miss. Its a business out there. Now more so than ever. Had BP had the talent that AU has now, he would have stomped UM. AU is having a great season. I'll reserve judgement on the comparison till the season's over. But make no mistake about it, BP will be a great college coach. I don't think he'll win it all at UL, but he may move to a school with more talent. I know there are probably a few programs out there who are taking notice after tonight. The people who "know" football, see exactly what happened tonight. And they would have no problem hiring him to run their program. Just because we had bad management from our administration, does not mean they didn't seek a quality coach in BP. Had this season began with the stink of last season, you and others, would be the first to lament the non-hiring of BP.

thank you! BP has done NOTHING. Never has and never will with play calling like that against top talent in crunch time. Blows a huge lead and horrible clock management and horrible defensive play calling....  BP is an OC and thats it. He is an offensive coach - thats why their D sux

111497[/snapback]

The same can be said about Steve Spurrier before he hired Bob Stoops. Geez, cut the guy some slack. It's his second season as a HFC and his career is far from being over. He's off to a good start at Louisville ( 13-5 ) and he did more last year with a rebuilt team ( 9-4 ) than the previous coach ( 7-5 ) did with a senior team.

I will agree that he made some poor decisions during the second half but Mark Richt did the same during his first year. Not too many teams go into Miami and come out with a win. He will eventually hire a soild DC and watch his team take off.

One more opinion: if AU gets a chance to play UM, I'm putting money down on AU. Miami wasn't tackling well at all and if they do that against AU, CW & RB will make them pay dearly for not wrapping up on the first hit. I'm still not sold on Brock Berlin -- I think AU's defense would eat him alive.

I don't know what game some of you were watching but Louisville not only hung with "a top-tier program" but came very close to beating them on the road. Despite the loss, Louisville still looked impressive. It came down to a question of which team had the greater depth. Considering that Miami generally gets the cream of the talent from the S. Florida area plus just about anywhere else they recruit, it's downright scary to look at what Petrino has assembled in Louisville in just 2 years -- Louisville's starters looked better than Miami's.

BP may be a better X & O coach than Tuberville but he does lack Tommy's game experience.  He also has to learn some ethics(Leave a team and then take the recruited tallent with you, all but stab your last boss in the back to take his job that he does not know is lost).

111520[/snapback]

Lest we forget CTT did the same thing with Ole Miss. Its a business out there. Now more so than ever. Had BP had the talent that AU has now, he would have stomped UM. AU is having a great season. I'll reserve judgement on the comparison till the season's over. But make no mistake about it, BP will be a great college coach. I don't think he'll win it all at UL, but he may move to a school with more talent. I know there are probably a few programs out there who are taking notice after tonight. The people who "know" football, see exactly what happened tonight. And they would have no problem hiring him to run their program. Just because we had bad management from our administration, does not mean they didn't seek a quality coach in BP. Had this season began with the stink of last season, you and others, would be the first to lament the non-hiring of BP.

111522[/snapback]

The same can be said about Steve Spurrier before he hired Bob Stoops. Geez, cut the guy some slack. It's his second season as a HFC and his career is far from being over. He's off to a good start at Louisville ( 13-5 ) and he did more last year with a rebuilt team ( 9-4 ) than the previous coach ( 7-5 ) did with a senior team.

I will agree that he made some poor decisions during the second half but Mark Richt did the same during his first year. Not too many teams go into Miami and come out with a win. He will eventually hire a soild DC and watch his team take off.

One more opinion: if AU gets a chance to play UM, I'm putting money down on AU. Miami wasn't tackling well at all and if they do that against AU, CW & RB will make them pay dearly for not wrapping up on the first hit. I'm still not sold on Brock Berlin -- I think AU's defense would eat him alive.

I don't know what game some of you were watching but Louisville not only hung with "a top-tier program" but came very close to beating them on the road. Despite the loss, Louisville still looked impressive. It came down to a question of which team had the greater depth. Considering that Miami generally gets the cream of the talent from the S. Florida area plus just about anywhere else they recruit, it's downright scary to look at what Petrino has assembled in Louisville in just 2 years -- Louisville's starters looked better than Miami's.

THREE EXCELLENT POST!!

BP had his overmatched guys playing lights out in the Orange Bowl. Say what you want too, but not many teams are gonna put 35+ on Miami at Miami. When he gets his defense figured out, they will be hard to stop.

Louisville is Conf. USA, right? If so, were they invited to join the Big East?

Yes. Louisville is moving to the Big East.

IMHO Petrino is a very good coach working with a young and shallow team. He is offensive-minded and needs to find a DC to field a great team.

Fotunately, we happen to have another very good coach. Gorgeous Borges appears to be an OC that fills CTT's gaps. CTT is not perfect, but I am proud of the teams that he fields. They work hard and play hard. His teams are of good character.

From year to year there are times the ball bounces for us, and there was last year. I believe that CTT has earned our loyalty, and he has mine.

It's great to be an Auburn Tiger! Beat :arky: !

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

hey bammer grad.....i've seen your coach and you have no right to criticize any other coach all the way down to pee wee ball.....mike hula would not make a good pimple on tommy tubervilles's ass.....you are just a typical know-it-all-but really-don't-know-$hit-bammer bootlicker

Petrino and Louiville got jobbed by the officials in the 4th, particularly on the no-call clip on Hester's runback, a key turning-point in the game.

Given the massive number of mistakes and the poor football fundamentals displayed by Miami, it might lead some to believe that Petrino is a better coach than Larry Coker too. But unfortunately, he's not.

It's fair to say Petrino is a better "offensive mind" than CTT, but not a better HC - at least not yet.

Louisville looked like the better team on offense, AND on defense last night. Special teams, one bad turnover, and a costly injury that forced a TRUE FRESHMAN into duty cost them that game. Miami will not pass through the ACC unscathed.

Whoever it is that said Petrino sucks needs to check the box score again. Over 500 yards against Miami D in Miami. Almost 40 points against Miami D in Miami. Petrino owns that offense, and it was incredible.

Was I the only one who missed the part where Louisville scored 38 pts on Miami and was leading the 'canes by 17? I'm not saying the last drive by the Cards was any work of beauty, I didn't see it, but at some time your DEFENSE has to step up and make a play to stop the other guy.

Louisville looked like the better team on offense, AND on defense last night.  Special teams, one bad turnover, and a costly injury that forced a TRUE FRESHMAN into duty cost them that game.  Miami will not pass through the ACC unscathed.

111534[/snapback]

The freshman QB had nothing to do with it cuz the kid did an excellent job. He did great - he showed why he is the #1 HS QB. Louisville coaching and defense messed up

Archived