Well to anyone who wanted Petrino as our HC

PChamp119

Poor play calling by CBP. I see the swing pass is still alive with BP at Louisville! They needed to be throwing the ball down the field. The Cardinals winning last night would have helped us I believe. However, If we win big tomorrw, after Miami winning close, we could move pass them in the poll.

hey bammer grad.....i've seen your coach and you have no right to criticize any other coach all the way down to pee wee ball.....mike hula would not make a good pimple on tommy tubervilles's ass.....you are just a typical know-it-all-but really-don't-know-$hit-bammer bootlicker

111531[/snapback]

You're kidding right? Just because my coach has had a rough go of it, I have no right to speculate on other coaches? Man up until this year, CTT has spent his CAREER at AU on the hotseat. I really dont see your point. I guess I dont have the right to discuss any football if not UA. I guess only the fans of the "all of the sudden almighty god's gift to football auburn tigers"...have the right to talk football. Sure didnt take long for that superiority complex to kick in did it? Its so funny that this is what you like to bash bama fans for...but dont see it when you do the same.

You people forget that BP coaches at LOUISVILLE for crying out loud. You know how hard it is to get good talent to come to a conference usa bball school?

He's turned that program into a conteder in 2 years. CTT has more resources and more opportunity at AU. He is doing a good job this year...but you have to take it all into account.

And of course ctt is a better coach than shula at this point. He has more experience. You're comparing a guy who has like 8-9 years exp as a head coach to a guy who inherited a team on probation and has had his starting QB healthy for 3.5 games in 2 years? A guy who has started 4 different QB's in less than 2 seasons...dont think thats a fair comparison yet....give it time fellas

my only disagreement with most of you guys is the assumption that miami has much better talent. louisville was NOT overmatched last night. again, better qb(s), better running backs, equal receivers, and the lines both did an adequate job. obviously neither team has a defense so where were the mismatches? louisville just lost to a team they had beaten.

petrino has a lot to learn. he's a great oc. he clearly doesn't know how to play with a lead. he clearly doesn't understand clock management (the no-timeout goal line stand was mark richt to a T). he clearly doesn't know how to run a two-minute offense (i actually almost threw up when i saw that swing pass. are you kidding? one of the fastest teams in the nation and you're gonna swing the ball out? terrible). but i think at some point he's going to be a solid coach. will louisville ever be that good? probably not. i kinda expect them to become the syracuse of the mid-90s. winning the big east and getting pounded in your big bowl game annually.

Did no one else pay attention to Louisville's starter getting pulled due to injury? Or how about how well Brock Berlin played in the second half? Petrino could've managed that game better; I will admit that. However, Louisville was going into the #3 team in America's home field. Miami has a great defense and enough talent on offense to put a decent team together. Miami's defense finally clamped down and their offense finally put something together. This game does not make Petrino a bad coach!

You don't go into the Orange Bowl and play Miami, lead 24-7 @ halftime, hang 507 yards and 38 points on the #2 Overall Defense (3.3 pts.game and 215 yd/game) by being a poor coach. :blink:

I think what we saw was that Miami just wore down the Cards defense in the 2nd half, due to the lack the Card's of depth. Giving up 34 pts in the second half is what cost Bobby the game. Bobby is the HC/OC not the DC. Now, punting to Hester again and again and again, that wasn't too bright.

:au:

He's turned that program into a conteder in 2 years.  CTT has more resources and more opportunity at AU. He is doing a good job this year...but you have to take it all into account.

111566[/snapback]

You do realize that the Louisville football program was alive and doing quite well BEFORE BP was hired. How do you think John L. Smith got the Michigan State gig? He took them to 4 straight bowl games. BP will be a good coach and will probably get a shot at a major conference program, but don't act like he made Louisville football.

hey bammer grad.....i've seen your coach and you have no right to criticize any other coach all the way down to pee wee ball.....mike hula would not make a good pimple on tommy tubervilles's ass.....you are just a typical know-it-all-but really-don't-know-$hit-bammer bootlicker

111531[/snapback]

You're kidding right? Just because my coach has had a rough go of it, I have no right to speculate on other coaches? Man up until this year, CTT has spent his CAREER at AU on the hotseat. I really dont see your point. I guess I dont have the right to discuss any football if not UA. I guess only the fans of the "all of the sudden almighty god's gift to football auburn tigers"...have the right to talk football. Sure didnt take long for that superiority complex to kick in did it? Its so funny that this is what you like to bash bama fans for...but dont see it when you do the same.

You people forget that BP coaches at LOUISVILLE for crying out loud. You know how hard it is to get good talent to come to a conference usa bball school?

He's turned that program into a conteder in 2 years. CTT has more resources and more opportunity at AU. He is doing a good job this year...but you have to take it all into account.

And of course ctt is a better coach than shula at this point. He has more experience. You're comparing a guy who has like 8-9 years exp as a head coach to a guy who inherited a team on probation and has had his starting QB healthy for 3.5 games in 2 years? A guy who has started 4 different QB's in less than 2 seasons...dont think thats a fair comparison yet....give it time fellas

111566[/snapback]

The truth of the matter is, it does not matter if WE give it time or you give it time. The good old boys at uat WILL NOT.

:big::big::big:

Gotta' love the mullet power brokers! B)

my only disagreement with most of you guys is the assumption that miami has much better talent. louisville was NOT overmatched last night.

You're correct that Louisville was not overmatched last night, but UM is a banged-up football team. Injuries have exposed a depth/experience problem that Coker has not had to deal with the past couple of seasons. That being said, you're folling yourself if you think UM doesn't have better "talent" than Louisville...... that place is an NFL pipeline for a reason.

rosegreenUT.jpg

Interesting thread here. I don't think it is possible to say who is a better coach. One is offensive minded and the other defensive minded. CTT looks awesome with a good OC in the fold. My guess is that CBP would look awesome here with a good DC. That being said, I wouldn't change a thing about our coaching staff, but I still hope that CBP becomes a successful head coach despite his lack of judgment last year. If our BOT were not complete a$$es then he would not have been in that position.

One other opinion to throw out there. Regarding CBP's decision not to call a T.O with Miami about to score-- I think I agree with that. If their D holds for a play or two then all of a sudden Miami may start watching the clock tick, get flustered, and make a big mistake, like offsides or fumble because of panic. My heart was beating pretty fast as the clock ticked under 1:00 and my butt was in my easy chair at home. If you were on the field and losing by 4 points and saw the clock ticking I think it would be easy to forget a snap count, etc.

Anyway back to the important stuff.... BEAT ARKY!!! No way Matt Jones beats us again.. don't you know the players have been watching film from 2002.

Archived