So how many first place votes will Miami get?

PChamp119

Obviously since they won... Auburn could win 97-0... i bet Miami still remains ahead of Auburn. I don't care how good a non-BCS louisville team is... they almost lost at home to LOUISVILLE! LOUISVILLE!! good team... but non-BCS...

I guess Miami will get some #1 votes and stay even further ahead of Auburn. The coaches and media won't look at it as escaping, but as a great game and what Miami can do when under pressure and gain even more votes.

Almost getting beat at home by a non-BCS team? Nah, that's just as irrelevant as strength of schedule. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm hoping we can jump them if we thump Arkansas.... but we have to play good. If we come out flat and keep it closer than it should be, we stay at 4 and probably deserve it (not really, USC belongs around 10 or so). We will be fresher in the minds of voters, that will play in our advantage.

Oh well, time to put on ASU and KState hats.

you can lose the purple and silver. ou could play with 10 guys all day and win that one. asu could do it. a lot of folks could beat sc. they'll lose.

I would bet my left family jewel that if we had to take a conference USA team to that late in the game before we won that we would definately drop a few places.

Because Miami is one of the media darlings, they will not only not drop in the polls, they will actually gain ground.

well LSU almost lost to Oregon St. - a Pac 10 team and dropped. This is Miami - outside the SEC - where there is respect by everyone (outside the SEC). Miami has that Miami name and beat "Louisville" - a "great team" so they won't drop at all. Had it been Auburn or LSU, we'd drop in a heartbeat

Guys, I understand the desire to look ahead. BUT, as Coach Tuberville said last week, They do not give out trophies for bein' 6-0. WE need to all concentrate on the piggies. NOTHIN' else matters this week...Nothing.

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

well LSU almost lost to Oregon St. - a Pac 10 team and dropped. This is Miami - outside the SEC - where there is respect by everyone (outside the SEC). Miami has that Miami name and beat "Louisville" - a "great team" so they won't drop at all. Had it been Auburn or LSU, we'd drop in a heartbeat

111506[/snapback]

Since Miami had to come from so far behind, if anything the top 5 will look like this

1. USC

2. OU

3. UM

4. UM

5. UM

6. AU

I mean since they showed how great they could be after having it handed to them the 1st half Miami has to be at least a top 5 team 3 times over and OU and USC are the only ones even close to them with talent. :puke:

Why are there so many whiners on this board. You'd think that LSU fans had come on here disguised as AU fans.

We haven't even played our game yet, that we are not even guaranteed to win. Polls mean nothing until the end of the year. LET IT GO!!!!

I just want to be beat Arkansas -- could we save the complaining for then end of the season when we're closer to knowing exactly how bowls are shaping up?

Archived