Accountability

PokerJokerAU

Whoever CGC brings in, they need to hold players accountable. I have heard very reliable whispers that some of our coaching staff (not sure who) were not holding players accountable for their mistakes. It seems that this may be being fixed (I.E. the Mike Dyer situation) and I am all for Dyer returning if he can stop acting like he has acted. "Toxic" is the word here that I cling to. There are many little things I have heard here and there about Dyer(and other players for that matter) that are less than pleasant, but everyone is capable of change. I think the only way to fix it is to bring in coordinators who can not only coach and recruit, but are not afraid to bench players for not doing what they are supposed to do as students and players.

I hope CGC's way of handling problems continues in the future.  I want Auburn to be known for running a straight up program.

I hope CGC's way of handling problems continues in the future.  I want Auburn to be known for running a straight up program.

That is the thing that lets me know things are under control. The same people who whispered these concerns to me also said that CGC WILL NOT put up with it. Hopefully he talks to everyone from top to bottom on his coaching staff and lets them know that any lack of effort in school or on the field will not be tolerated and any attempt to keep him out of the loop with players actions will also not be tolerated.

My brother in law works out at a gym that Troopers daughter works out at. The word this year was there were a number of issues between the offensive coaches. My understanding is that my be why Trooper and Luper have been interviewing and since CGM has moved on there has been a breath air running through the offensive staff. 

CGC will straighten things up now I believe, say what you wiil  but Satan runs a tight ship over there in turdville and it works.

Saban will NEVER bench a starter.  EVER.  Literally a player would have to murder another player on the field during a game to get benched.

Look at Calloway...ARRESTED for MJ and didn't skip a beat.....and he doesn't even play this year. 

So to say he runs a tight ship is LAUGHABLE....those players get away with a lot and it never sees the light of day.  He is good at keeping it swept under the rug.

CGC will straighten things up now I believe, say what you wiil but Satan runs a tight ship over there in turdville and it works.

HAHAHA!!! Oh wait, are you serious?

Nothing says dicipline and tight ship like half game suspensions, fishing trips, players hitting people with cars, fights with fraternities, domestic violence, etc.

I can certainly believe the possibility of discord.  I had wondered in a previous thread whether CGM's 1.3 million was a point of contention.  You know, it's like you do all the work but you boss gets all the credit?  :-\

Anyway, I believe Coach Chizik is honorable and WILL see to it that it is a tight ship.  I agree with the sentiment that Auburn is a place of accountability.  I don't want to ever see our university embarrassed.  It is a priviledge to play ball and represent AU.  I am mindful of this when I am wearing AU alum clothes for all to see  :thumbsup:

That's the thing about these coaches...take Richt for example. 

I HONESTLY believe he is a very good man.  Yes....he has had players get in trouble, AND IT HAS BEEN PUBLIC.  He doesn't sweep it away like a coach who I will not name  :devil:.  So is it that Richt does NOT run a tight ship, or he just lets his player's trangressions see the light of day as part of their "retribution". 

You will very rarely hear of a Bama player getting in trouble.  Does that mean they are choir boys...Hell no.  Remember Rolando McClain?  All the info that came out AFTER he had left Bama about him running that kid down, then a bunch of the football players beating him up?  Kid couldn't get cops to do ANYTHING....why?  Cause it was McClain, that's why.  Remember Courtney Upshaw....choking his girlfriend then her dad says "Oh...just a big misunderstanding. She deserved it...Roll Tide!"   And DJ Hall...who was suspended for the LAMO game until Saban was losing and let him play in the 3rd quarter, probably high as a kite on coke knowing that kid. 

Yeah.....

CGC will straighten things up now I believe, say what you wiil  but Satan runs a tight ship over there in turdville and it works.

Saban will NEVER bench a starter.  EVER.  Literally a player would have to murder another player on the field during a game to get benched.

Look at Calloway...ARRESTED for MJ and didn't skip a beat.....and he doesn't even play this year. 

So to say he runs a tight ship is LAUGHABLE....those players get away with a lot and it never sees the light of day.  He is good at keeping it swept under the rug.

No, Saban nor any other coach is good at keeping anything swept under the rug anymore.  There is facebook and twitter and all the other crap media.  There used to be a thing called "Undisclosed Violation of Team Rules" and 90% of the time it meant "Smoking Reefer" but all we would ever hear was "UVTR"; now we get all the details.  Saban runs a damn tight ship, as tight as any.  What was he gona do to Calloway?  Make him sit out a game?  He wasn't going to see the field anyway.  He got punishment from lil Nicky.  I know for a fact he payed a pretty steep physical price for that incident.  I really believe that coach Chizik and coach Saban are two of the best at keeping things like that in check

I think you all make good points, and I hate to agree but I do believe that Saban makes players pay for mistakes as does Chizik. It does not have to be suspension from games as we are seeing with Dyer. All we need are assistants TOP TO BOTTOM who will not just hand out punishments, but stick by them. I have heard stories of players being told to come run as a punishment and not showing up. Not only that but the coaches and/ or assistants either didn't do anything about it and/ or covered the kids butts that didn't show. That kind of stuff can't happen, and I think that CGC is sending a strong message that the players are not going to get away with being anything less than is expected of them.

Where do you guys come up with "I heard from a reliable source" stories from? And what if any attempts do you make to verify this information before posting it in a public forum? Just in this thread alone there have been accusations that certain coaches were not holdong players accountable, in addition to alleged discord between the offensive staff, and coaches letting MD run wild. However among all this alleged discord CGM has stated he has the upmost respect for CGC as well as considering him a mentor. I seriously doubt he would return to coach the bowl game if all this discord was taking place, He would have pulled an Ellis Johnson (who will not coach SC in the bowl game) but he did not. Also I have seen Coach Troop/Luper on several occasions and they were getting along great. As for MD, he needs to grow up and go to class, and quit lying to coaches about his actions outisde of their sight. Maybe Ted Roof was not the most "agressive coach" but he got a lot out of players, and they all seem to think highly of him as a person, its just maybe his style of coaching was not ideal for the direction CGC wanted the team to go - therefore he headed to UCF. IMO a lot of times we do not have to look to the media or bammers for false rumors or negativity towards AU - you can simply find it right on an AU forum. FYI...I think there is a Bama troll on this topic....ijs        

Sounds to me that if the coaches are not doing what CGC is asking then maybe he needs to address those issues with the coaches, issues that I feel are non existent anyway. I guess after a 7-5 season some fans have to blame someone. This team is young and as guys mature several of the childish like behaviors will diminish as players grow into there roles as upperclassmen. But in the mean time expect some to try the coaches and expect some to make some mistakes. Remember they are not only football players but college students...usually there first time away with any sort of freedom.

The problem with MD didn't lust happen at the end of the season. It had been going on for sometime.

Mike's problems started this summer, and magnified as the season progressed, as I stated he needs to go to class and stop lying about his off the field activities. There has to be a trust factor, coaches are not gonna be able to accompany him everywhere.

Where do you guys come up with "I heard from a reliable source" stories from? And what if any attempts do you make to verify this information before posting it in a public forum? Just in this thread alone there have been accusations that certain coaches were not holdong players accountable, in addition to alleged discord between the offensive staff, and coaches letting MD run wild. However among all this alleged discord CGM has stated he has the upmost respect for CGC as well as considering him a mentor. I seriously doubt he would return to coach the bowl game if all this discord was taking place, He would have pulled an Ellis Johnson (who will not coach SC in the bowl game) but he did not. Also I have seen Coach Troop/Luper on several occasions and they were getting along great. As for MD, he needs to grow up and go to class, and quit lying to coaches about his actions outisde of their sight. Maybe Ted Roof was not the most "agressive coach" but he got a lot out of players, and they all seem to think highly of him as a person, its just maybe his style of coaching was not ideal for the direction CGC wanted the team to go - therefore he headed to UCF. IMO a lot of times we do not have to look to the media or bammers for false rumors or negativity towards AU - you can simply find it right on an AU forum. FYI...I think there is a Bama troll on this topic....ijs        

Well, at least in my case my information comes from a very reliable source and it is so reliable that it in itself is verification enough for me to post in a public forum with concern. Turd trolls or not, tough love needs to be TOUGH. I don't know if it was assistants or actual position coaches going lightly on players but the bottom line is that it seems punishments were being handed out and not followed through on in at least some instances.

That's the thing about these coaches...take Richt for example. 

I HONESTLY believe he is a very good man.  Yes....he has had players get in trouble, AND IT HAS BEEN PUBLIC.  He doesn't sweep it away like a coach who I will not name  :devil:.  So is it that Richt does NOT run a tight ship, or he just lets his player's trangressions see the light of day as part of their "retribution". 

You will very rarely hear of a Bama player getting in trouble.  Does that mean they are choir boys...Hell no.  Remember Rolando McClain?  All the info that came out AFTER he had left Bama about him running that kid down, then a bunch of the football players beating him up?  Kid couldn't get cops to do ANYTHING....why?  Cause it was McClain, that's why.  Remember Courtney Upshaw....choking his girlfriend then her dad says "Oh...just a big misunderstanding. She deserved it...Roll Tide!"   And DJ Hall...who was suspended for the LAMO game until Saban was losing and let him play in the 3rd quarter, probably high as a kite on coke knowing that kid. 

Yeah.....

++1  "Saban runs a tight ship" is laughable!

I don't know about that, but I do know he seems to have gotten rid of, processed out, whatever you want to call it, two players that were good enough to sign with Texas and TN today.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/12/former_alabama_players_darring.html

Well, at least in my case my information comes from a very reliable source and it is so reliable that it in itself is verification enough for me to post in a public forum with concern. Turd trolls or not, tough love needs to be TOUGH. I don't know if it was assistants or actual position coaches going lightly on players but the bottom line is that it seems punishments were being handed out and not followed through on in at least some instances.

Call me skeptical, but unlesss it comes directly from a coach I will reserve the right for more verification than Joe Schad like confidential sources

Call me skeptical, but unlesss it comes directly from a coach I will reserve the right for more verification than Joe Schad like confidential sources

Won't say any names but my source is a former player (who still has family in, and loves Auburn) who was told this by a current coach, so while not DIRECTLY to me from the coach, that IS what the former player told me. Sorry, no Joe Schad sources here.

chiz is the head coach and im with him medeling in game decisions. lets be real gm and tr made play calls that made you say what are we doing. imo i think chiz see things going our way why change and get cute ,to many cute plays that didnt pan out. we didn have cam to save us this year by running to get the first down or nick to make a play if you want to see how bad things was this year go back and look @ the homecoming game imo we would haave lost that game if didnt come out 2nd half and run a pro style offence :wareagle:

The problem with MD didn't lust happen at the end of the season. It had been going on for sometime.

Dyer is 21 yrs old, a fantastic athlete with a bad attitude, and an unwillingness to accept authority or guidance. 

Dyer had conditions/stipluations with his recruitment that Dakota and he were to be a package deal.  Whoever signed MD had to take DM also.  AU gave both of those players a once in a lifetime opportunity on a silver platter - now neither one of them will be suiting up in ATL for the bowl game. :banghead:

thumbnail.aspx?q=1357553149679&id=15d40ff43cea45c2043c31a7a3b7353a&url=http%3a%2f%2fi277.photobucket.com%2falbums%2fkk45%2fljt1984%2fnsis.jpg

How about Miles, Richt, Petrino, Spurrier, Dooley?  There are very few coaches that run a "tight ship", they all do the best they can to keep +100 18-20 yr old hot headed, male athletes full of testosterone in line.  Coach Chizik and Nick Saban are no different than any other coach in the country, they are doing the best they can to manage their programs.  For anyone of us to point fingers at another coach or program with what our own players have been through is laughable.  (For crying out loud, we've got four former players with felony arrests on their records.)

Archived