Jason Campbell

PChamp119

Another game... once again proves to I think without a doubt EVERYONE the starting QB for Auburn and THE MAN! There isn't even enough Brandon Cox kool-aid out there to make you cheer for him over JC.

Brandon - another turnover to make the game look closer than it was (Miss. St.) God, I hope we get a better QB recruited next year. I do not want this kid as our QB. He can be accurate, but that's all he is - he will lose games for Auburn next year.

Jason - Career record 297 yards, I wish the coaches let him throw 1 pass, a screen pass even, so he could hit 300 yards.

My question is, is there a better QB in the SEC? Is there? There might be a case for Chris Leak. Nobody else even has a chance to state a case. I called earlier in the preseason that David Green was overrated - he aint nothing special. Matt Jones, I think we just proved that he isn't at the top of the QB list.

I've said it since I joined this board in December... All I have to say is.... Jason Campbell for Heisman

To back up your point, I truly believe there is no better SEC qb right now that is better than our Jason Campbell. Hell Im not drinkin the damn Cox kool-aid...ive been backing Campbell ever since he stepped on the plains. Give the guy credit, when a bad coach came in, he played bad.....When some guys come in and know how to coach a college football team, he plays very well.

I'll tell you this, if auburn keeps this up, and has a win over georgia....Campbell should be the 1st team All-SEC qb....David Greene shouldnt even be considered first team with the play of Campbell this year. And no, im still not drinkin Campbell kool-aid....CHECK OUT HIS NUMBERS THIS YEAR!! Amazing play so far this year.

There is a reason why many analyst vote Campbell as the midseason MVP.....KEEP IT UP CAMPBELL!!!

JC did play a great game and he certainly has matured into a dependable QB. It doesn't make sense though to start being down on Brandon at this point in time. He has shown flashes of brillance at QB at a much earlier point in his career than JC ever did. I think, with a stable OC he will develop into one of the better QB's we have ever had, barring no injuries. This kid has already overcome a rare muscle disease to return and compete. Just my two cents worth. WDE! :au:

Jason is playing the best QB in the SEC.

Any new quarterback will cost us a game or two next year. This is a fact of life in college football and why coaches stick with experience rather than switching to talent.

Don't get down on Brandon. He looks very good, but getting used to game speed just takes time. He will have a challenge from Calvin Booker next spring and fall. I hope they all develop and that the coaches have a difficult and pleasant task to name the starter.

Hey! I am begininng to feel a real rush when I say "It's great to be an Auburn Tiger!"

WDE :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

No doubt that JC is the man to beat at QB in the SEC but....don't underestimate Brandon Cox, he has received muchos kudos from Borges this year and CAB is becoming like EF Hutton to me; when he speaks, I listen!!!

For the first time in a LONG time, I personally feel much more confident about our senior QB leaving the team in the hands of the second stringer come next year! The last time I had confidence in who was taking over was when Stan left and Craig took over. (P.S. don't forget how long it took Leard to settle in!)

WDE!!!

:au:

Another game... once again proves to I think without a doubt EVERYONE the starting QB for Auburn and THE MAN! There isn't even enough Brandon Cox kool-aid out there to make you cheer for him over JC.

Brandon - another turnover to make the game look closer than it was (Miss. St.) God, I hope we get a better QB recruited next year. I do not want this kid as our QB. He can be accurate, but that's all he is - he will lose games for Auburn next year.

Jason - Career record 297 yards, I wish the coaches let him throw 1 pass, a screen pass even, so he could hit 300 yards.

My question is, is there a better QB in the SEC? Is there? There might be a case for Chris Leak. Nobody else even has a chance to state a case. I called earlier in the preseason that David Green was overrated - he aint nothing special. Matt Jones, I think we just proved that he isn't at the top of the QB list.

I've said it since I joined this board in December... All I have to say is.... Jason Campbell for Heisman

111808[/snapback]

No doubt that I am thankful that JC is at qb right now. BUT. Brandon is a freshmen and makes freshmen mistakes. Please, before bashing the kid, remember, HE is a TIGER too! :au::rolleyes:

Cox is playing at the top of HIS level....And thats a redshirt freshman with almost no game experience. He'll flourish, no doubt about that...but right now it's campbell's train, so lets hop on :D

Hard to think that you would forget this guy, BUT, when Stan left PATRICK NIX took over, and won a FEW games too. :big:B)

Cox is playing at the top of HIS level....And thats a redshirt freshman with almost no game experience.  He'll flourish, no doubt about that...but right now it's campbell's train, so lets hop on  :D

111849[/snapback]

Well that thought wasn't going through the minds of 90% of the Auburn fans on this board when they wanted Cox to play over JC without even seeing Cox with 1 snap of the ball.

Right, I shouldn't bash him ... but 90% of this board was bashing JC for a loooooong time.

Everyone is just riding the JC banwagon and making excuses for Cox because they are still Cox lovers. They are just waiting for JC to screw up.

Cox is playing at the top of HIS level....And thats a redshirt freshman with almost no game experience.  He'll flourish, no doubt about that...but right now it's campbell's train, so lets hop on  :D

111849[/snapback]

Well that thought wasn't going through the minds of 90% of the Auburn fans on this board when they wanted Cox to play over JC without even seeing Cox with 1 snap of the ball.

Right, I shouldn't bash him ... but 90% of this board was bashing JC for a loooooong time.

Everyone is just riding the JC banwagon and making excuses for Cox because they are still Cox lovers. They are just waiting for JC to screw up.

111864[/snapback]

Thats not all of us there buddy...I was with Campbell the whole way. But it doesnt matter too much which of us were and werent....we all know who is playing the best football right now..and thats #17.

111849[/snapback]

111864[/snapback]

Campbell was the starter and he was the reason we didn't win consistently. Cox is NOT the stater, therefore jusdgement will be withheld.

This is exactly the kind of post an idiot makes. Those of us complaining about JC had GOOD REASON TO DO SO. We also said that he was the key. Lucky for AU our fears were not realized. Had we been like you and waited around for an "I told you so", then the whole of AU would be in trouble now. We are glad JC is doing well. So I'm glad to see you never took your rose-colored glasses off.

You made a point of creating a Bobby Petrino post just like this one also. What's wrong with you? Somebody shaking your crib a little too hard?

i'm a little confused as to how waiting "for an 'i told you so,'" would have put auburn in trouble. by my count, waiting for an i told you so would mean that you left jason the starter just to spite people which means you would be reaping the benefits of his talent right now. NOT getting the i told you so would have been disasterous. so try this: put on some rose-colored glasses from time to time. be critical, but don't hate (which is exactly what folks did to jc his entire career: hate).

you didn't really have that good a reason to bash jason. he played inconsistent as a redshirt freshman. he looked good under petrino, and he would've won the west if bobby p hadn't gone into a shell against uga or duval makes a gimme at uf. he sucked under nall who we call agree was a huge mistake. and he's one of the 5 best qbs in the nation now. if you think campbell's career was inconsistent, i bet you hated stan white. great as a freshman, 10-11-1 as a soph/jr, 11-0 as a senior. heck, jason never got the poor results white did as far as wins.

as for bashing brandon, that's just dumb. did i want him throwing the ball yesterday? not really. does he need to work on arm strength? oh yeah (that duck made a ken dorsey out route look like a bullet). but he's shown ability, and borges has shown he can coach. don't get down on one guy to support another. they both play for us.

I don't recall any one person on this board supporting JC too the extent of how well he is playing now. Of the few people who did like JC, they were still like "I think Jason will do better this year under CAB." But ya'll are right, I was waiting for an "I told you so" and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Everyone criticized me for sayin Jason was the best QB in the nation and would lead us to an undefeated season. Not that everyone thought he was a bad QB, but no one supported that opinion of mine.

I'm not reaping on his benefits, I just knew in my heart that this kid was the real deal and that he would shut everyone up and even suprise those who did like him. I am just smiling because Auburn is on top and Jason is the reason. I should have every reason to gloat. But I know if Auburn loses, a lot of people are going to blame Jason.

Jason did great in 2002 under BP. He did great last year - his receivers didn't catch the ball and his OC wasn't an OC. He played almost just as well last year as he is this year. He was not inconsistent in my opinion - he just had inconsistent talent and coaches around him. People just look to bash 1 person and they went right at Jason Campbell cuz he is the QB.

I don't recall any one person on this board supporting JC too the extent of how well he is playing now. Of the few people who did like JC, they were still like "I think Jason will do better this year under CAB." But ya'll are right, I was waiting for an "I told you so" and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Everyone criticized me for sayin Jason was the best QB in the nation and would lead us to an undefeated season. Not that everyone thought he was a bad QB, but no one supported that opinion of mine.

I'm not reaping on his benefits, I just knew in my heart that this kid was the real deal and that he would shut everyone up and even suprise those who did like him. I am just smiling because Auburn is on top and Jason is the reason. I should have every reason to gloat. But I know if Auburn loses, a lot of people are going to blame Jason.

Jason did great in 2002 under BP. He did great last year - his receivers didn't catch the ball and his OC wasn't an OC. He played almost just as well last year as he is this year. He was not inconsistent in my opinion - he just had inconsistent talent and coaches around him. People just look to bash 1 person and they went right at Jason Campbell cuz he is the QB.

111958[/snapback]

Not true buddy, and I am just gonna tell you over and over, I was also supporting him the whole way...read my past posts....you'll see. That just proves that there are more people on this board who supported jason all the way than you realize...Why make an argument out of it? Hes doing damn well, and lets just keep it at that.

I don't recall any one person on this board supporting JC too the extent of how well he is playing now.

111958[/snapback]

JC has NEVER played this well since he has been at AU. Period. But to be fair, the kid has had 4 OCs during his career. Under the tutelage of good OCs (BP and AB) Campbell has excelled. Too bad we couldn't have given JC a good OC (and retained him) for his entire career at AU.

:au:

Guys, is being FOR JC really bashing BC? I don't think so. BC is the future, JC is the NOW...and some of feel that a little "I told you so" is in order for the JC bashers out there...and there HAVE been a bunch of them. ;):au:

By the way, that said, I would like to eat a little crow where Coach Borges is concerned. I was NOT for that hire, but he is doing an OUTSTANDING job as OC. War Eagle, Coach!!!

I'm not worried about the future. Brandon Cox is going to do just fine under the Borges System. He came out of high school with a reputation for smarts and accuracy, and CAB's offense rewards both. Of course he's young, but he's got three more years of eligibility and is just going to get better every year.

But back to Jason: How much has this year meant to his professional aspirations? I think at the end of last year, he would have been lucky to just get a pro try-out. Now I think a lot of pro teams will be interested in him--he's tall, he's very accurate, he can scramble when necessary, and he's demonstrating that he can be a great on-field general with the right OC.

And speaking of the pros--How many $$$ has Ronnie Brown added to his signing bonus by sticking around for one more year! Probably the best financial decision he ever made. We knew he could run, now we know he can catch and block, too.

campbell got himself in the draft so that's the biggest step up by any player, but i'll tell who's made more money than any body else: carlos rogers. ut completed two passes on him all night (both late in the fourth quarter). then he gets a pick six. then yesterday he dominates his man AND shuts down the run on his side of the field AND runs down matt jones. he's gone from a 3rd/4th round guy (his draft report) to a 2nd rounder that could sneak into the 1st. that's a ton of money.

There SHOULD be a lesson here. For those who bashed JC early on and were proven wrong (including me) and those who would bash Cox now and probably will eventually be proven to be wrong. Get the point? :au:

There SHOULD be a lesson here. For those who bashed JC early on and were proven wrong (including me) and those who would bash Cox now and probably will eventually be proven to be wrong. Get the point? :au:

112122[/snapback]

There is a lesson here: and it is that not all players play the same as a RS Freshman as they do as a Senior. Players progress at different rates throughout their career, and even throughout a season. That goes for everyone, not just the QBs. Our WRs are all playing better & with more confidence than in years past too. They're not dropping near as many passes as they have previously. Moral of the story: don't waste your time bashing players. Eventually they'll "get it" and come around. The post about bashing Cox because he threw an INT on his 1st pass into the game was kinda funny. Apparently, Cox's previous performance last week went unnoticed. He only threw 3 passes but had 2 completions -- both for TDs. Geez, you just can't please everybody. :no:

111849[/snapback]

111864[/snapback]

Well, I have to put in my 2cent on this, first of all Jason Campbell is and always was a very talented QB, I felt like he lost alot of confidence when he was yanked from play. He has found the confidence that he needs to get the job done. CAB has put him in charge on the field, which should have always been the case...I think of what could have been if this had been done years ago...anyway...one interception does not make BC a loser, anybody knows that even the best QB makes them everynow and then...I think BC is the future of Auburn football, but JC is the Present and he is turning out to be one of the best....Just my opinion... :big: WAR EAGLE!!

Karen :au:

Archived