Is Auburn the best team?

TigerDevil

I see our Tigers coming on stronger and stronger with each game, and I just have to wonder, is Auburn the best team in the nation. Sure Oklahoma and USC are good, but whose to say we couldn't beat them.

OKlahoma struggled against K-state and USC has had close calls this season. Jason Campbell is playing like Tom Brady and Ronnie Brown is chugging like a train. If we win the SEC, I see a Auburn vs USC for the NC.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think auburn could have its day with Oklahoma....but it would have a showdown with USC. But then again, my opinion could change next week...because both OU and USC play very diff. each week.

Right now Auburn is playing like the best team in the nation....im sure if they keep it up the right things will fall in place.

We have look great EVERY game. It's still early, A LOT of football left to be played. If we win out, then let's worry about who we play at the end of the season.

WDE

:au:

I don't care if we look ahead. It's hard as hell not to when we have KY, Miss and Bama left on the schedule. Other than UGA we just don't have a very hard route to the Orange Bowl. It's def one game at a time but I do think that we are the best team in the nation. Miami almost lost two games this season, OU almost lost today and didn't play amazing against Texas, and USC almost lost three games. We've dominated all but the LSU game and they were #3. We also beat #8 TN convincingly and thats why we should be number 1 in the country. the media sucks, but if we keep winning we'll be fine.

I wouldnt overlook a bama team that just hammered the #24 team in the country by 24 points.

The same bama team that slaughtered a UK team that took it to USC tonight.

Dont forget, bama beat Ole Miss by 3 tds also.

I dont think it will be an easy win for AU. They should win it for sure...but i said the same thing about bama in 2002.

I wouldnt overlook a bama team that just hammered the #24 team in the country by 24 points.

I dont think it will be an easy win for AU. They should win it for sure...but i said the same thing about bama in 2002.

111896[/snapback]

:lol: USM shouldn't have even been ranked

anybody in the top 75 could slaughter UK.

Ole Miss?

:homer:

I see our Tigers coming on stronger and stronger with each game, and I just have to wonder, is Auburn the best team in the nation. Sure Oklahoma and USC are good, but whose to say we couldn't beat them.

Whose to say? How about some AP sportswriters? Unless SC, OU and/or Miami mess up & lose a game, AU won't get a chance to prove they're the best. Right or wrong that's the system we're dealing with. AU's only recourse is to win out in the regular season, go to Atlanta and beat whichever East team is sent there, then beat the bejesus out of whichever bowl opponent they face. Then, and only then, would we possibly get a first place vote. Outside of a loss to two of the current top-ranked 3 teams, AU's best hope would be for all 4 to be undefeated going into the bowl games. That way, SC & OU could play in the Orange and Miami & AU could play in the Sugar. Split Championship (again.)

We gotta stay focused for 4 quarters.... We shouldn't have let arky score 20 on us..

111837[/snapback]

Ditto. Letting the :arky: s score that many was bad for us.

Another thing,

One Play at a Time,

One Game at a Time,

That is all we need to worry about,

The rest will fall into place. :cheer:

Don't forget that Bama played Arkansas and Got that Butt whipped! <_<

111916[/snapback]

No they didnt. That was our first game without brodie. Remember arkansas had everyone healthy also...unlike yesterday.

And we were in the game until very late in the game. The score didnt reflect how close the game was.

Thats fine though. If you guys think you already have the iron bowl wrapped up, I sure hope the players feel the same way...thats pretty much the dumbest way to look at it considering the series history.

And I think its funny how every one said last week how USM was gonna beat our ass...they're more talented...they're 4-0 blah blah blah...we beat em by 24 and its like...."yeah but they shouldnt have been ranked"

Which one is it? Do they suck or are they world beaters? Do they only suck because we beat em?

Don't you get it BamaGrad? We live for beating Bama, especially at Jordan-Hare West. There's simply no way that this team "overlooks" the Iron Bowl.

Cruisincadillac.jpg

i said you'd beat usm. it doesn't really matter who has better talent; usm just can't get over the mental hump of really being competitive. it took a guy like brett favre to do that, and he's gone.

bama is not now nor will it ever be an easy game. i'll be more scared going into the bama game than any other game this season. the rest of the season is meaningless if you take a loss there, and stranger things have happened in this rivalry.

and the bcs will take care of itself. there are a lot of unbeaten teams, and all but one or two of them won't finish that way. it's never happened since the thing was created. that said i'm looking forward to kentucky to see if our guys can continue to give a full effort against lesser teams. war eagle!

And I think its funny how every one said last week how USM was gonna beat our ass...they're more talented...they're 4-0 blah blah blah...we beat em by 24 and its like...."yeah but they shouldnt have been ranked"

Which one is it? Do they suck or are they world beaters? Do they only suck because we beat em?

111940[/snapback]

I never thought they were world-beaters or sucked. I hoped they would beat you, but never thought it was a given. I'd say they're probably the best team you've beaten so far.

Bama continues to look better than I thought they'd be, especially after losing your 1st string quarteback and running back. I still don't think you're in the same class as Auburn, LSU, or Tennessee, but any three of them will be in big trouble if they overlook your ability or will-power.

Congrats on the win. I love it when Bama loses, but I'm fair and realistic enough to know it's never a sure thing. Since all you have to do is beat Miss St to have a winning season, looks like you will be bowl-eligible, so congrats on that as well (even if it hurts me to say it ;) )

[..'course the sadist in me will have to laugh if by some miracle Croom knocks Shula out of bowl contention]

USM hasn't really beaten anyone of note. The Cornhosers??? Texas Tech piled 70+ on them. Houston? Tulane? South Florida? They had ONE win against a Nebraska team coached by the second coming of Ron Zook. Both teams were without their starting QB, difference being Bama has a running game.

Unless the AU bus gets lost going to the Iron Bowl, Bama is in for a LONG night. But I suppose you guys are growing accustomed to being kicked around by quality teams. Keep playing Western Carolina, and Utah State to re-inflate that Bama ego, because it won't happen against AU this year.

UAT Deficiencies:

1. MIKE SHULA IS HC!!!

2. Lack of Depth

3. Lack of QB/ Lack of passing game

My 2 cents...I think alabama makes it a game in the first half....then your depth kicks in and auburn takes the game away in the 3rd quarter. Sorry bg, but without a top caliber qb (like brodie) I just dont see 4 quarters of play from bama against auburn.

Tenn.??? I am not impressed with them one bit...its obvious when a freshman qb leads a team, they cant play up to the standard of tenn. football. When Ainge plays great, tenn. is unstoppable....when he screws up, they play like crap. I think anyone in the top 35 in the country could beat Tenn. if you just rattle Ainge and make him screw up. So bama could very well beat Tenn. Then again, if Ainge has a great game all game long, it wont be close. Tenn. is bipolar.

111896[/snapback]

That was possibly the dumbest post I have ever seen. I hope you were being sarcastic.

Yes, I will admit not to over look Alabama - they are a good team and it is the Iron Bowl and it is on the road for Auburn (I don't care if Auburn owns B-D)

But those were the stupidest reasons ever. USM shouldn't have been ranked, and they were without their starting QB. UK SUCKS! I mean... u can't spell Suck without UK. USC isn't all that great. They beat Alabama, what does that say about Alabama's program? Bama was struggling that week and would beat USC if they played again.

Ole Miss is getting better as they are starting to figure out their QB and their offense. UT is not as good as they appear. I saw that in person.

One Alabama starts comparing itself to UK and Ole Miss, you know there are problems.

If Bama had Croyle, they could easily be undefeated right now. Looking at their 2 losses.

Arkansas: If they could have passed any that game, I am sure they would have scored more points. Also Arkansas rallied very late in the game to put this one away.

South Carolina: Alabama's offense never could get going. Why? No passing game. Right now, everyteam should be stacking up on the run.. and you will see the difference this week against Tennessee, who has much more talent than any team they have faced as of yet.

BG. Of course we're gonna talk smack about Bama. This is an AUBURN board.

Jeez, man. You've got 40 times more posts than I do, so I thought you would have noticed by now.

Having said that, I think Bama sucks. However, no matter how much they suck, nothing in the world would make Bama's season like beating Auburn. No matter how much the kool-aid heads hate Tennessee, we're still the arch rival.

One game at a time. Bring on Kentucky.

Archived