Is Auburn the best team?

TigerDevil

You keep thinking that, Bama fans, but the bottom line is that if this team didn't overlook La. Tech after a huge win at Knoxville, there's no way they'll overlook the BIGGEST RIVALRY IN THE COUNTRY. You've got to be kidding me. Anyone who thinks our players wouldn't be focused going into the Iron Bowl is...well... I won't say that you're stupid, but that notion is idiotic.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arkansas believed we were overlooking them, too. I'm not trying to talk smack, I'm just saying that if Bama beats us, it won't be because we "overlooked" them.

Bama would be undefeated right now.

The only 2 td's USC scored against us were from stupid ints that gave them the ball on the 10 yard line. I guess you didnt watch that game

And brodie would have tossed the ball all over Arkansas' defense...you know it and i know it....

The only 2 td's USC scored against us were from stupid ints that gave them the ball on the 10 yard line. I guess you didnt watch that game

What I saw was a Gamecock team that created it's own breaks by taking full advantage of costly Bama mistakes.

IF, WOULDA', COULDA', SHOULDA'....... BG you're starting to sound pathetic lately. You know, what you need is a good win over a quality opponent.... perhaps next season.

Cruisincadillac.jpg

What in the hell is that supposed to mean? Someone ELSE pointed out that Alabama would be undefeated right now if brodie had stayed healthy. You said they wouldnt...i pointed out EXACTLY why you were obviously wrong...and you come back with that? ummmm....whats your point? I was just taking part in a discussion that was already predicated on circumstance.

Your comments show ignorance and bias because you obviously didnt see either game in which you commented on so brazenly....at least educate your self before you make a statement like that...

Bama would be undefeated right now.

And brodie would have tossed the ball all over Arkansas' defense...you know it and i know it....

111996[/snapback]

Sure, but how quickly we forget what everyone was saying pre-season. To paraphrase, I believe it was something like this: "Bama's schedule sets up nicely for them this year. Even it their team isn't that much improved from 2003, they could still be 7-0 heading into Knoxville."

Bama is playing better than I thought they would, and really do hate it for Brodie that he got injured, because Bama could be that much better if he were still playing, but they still haven't beaten a quality opponent. USM was #25, sure, but playing their 1st game without their starting QB.

We are playing with our 3rd string QB. And 2nd string running back. I knew after this win everyone would be saying "yeah but USM was playing with their backup qb"...what about us?

All things being equal...and we have brodie in there and they have their starter in there...we beat them by 30.

We are playing with our 3rd string QB. And 2nd string running back. I knew after this win everyone would be saying "yeah but USM was playing with their backup qb"...what about us?

All things being equal...and we have brodie in there and they have their starter in there...we beat them by 30.

112015[/snapback]

How do you think you guys will fare against the Voles???

112015[/snapback]

Exactly. That's why Southern Miss wasn't a Top 25 team, and therefore why it still wouldn't have been an impressive win. Bama should beat Southern Miss easily. What has USM done to prove they're any good? Beat Nebraska? Please.

Since when did this thread turn into an "I hate/love Bama football" thread?

To answer the question posed at the beginning, I do think Auburn is the best football team in the nation, and I think if we continue to play this way the rest of the season, we will be where we need to be at the end of the season to show the world the same thing!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

To answer the question: I think we'll know around the first week of January. B)

Many, many miles to travel in the interim.

I don't think that ANY SEC team will ever go undefeated and not play for the national championship (unless they are on probation :no: ). We have to win each game as it comes. If we do that then we will play in the Orange Bowl. I just don't think that the BCS is THAT screwed up, and I am about as cynical as people come.

I think Auburn can win out. CTT seems to have built us into a real good team. Kudos to CTT and his staff. Looking at college football, the only team that is solid on offense, defense and special teams is Auburn and USC.

I'd like to play USC. Just to see how far our program has come in the last 2 years.

If we do play for the NC, I'm throwing the biggest Auburn football party EVER!!

112015[/snapback]

How do you think you guys will fare against the Voles???

112022[/snapback]

I will make a pledge to BamaGrad. If Bama beats UT......I will not only put a Bama sig on my account but will put whatever the hell he wants in my sig.

Granted, I doubt we beat UF/AU but to even give us a chance would be nice.

i disagree that usc looks complete. their secondary hinges on one guy (darnell bing) and they can definitely be had (see: california). they also gave up chunks of yards to stanford (an average team) and va tech (an average team). the offense has had one major explosion over a team with a decent record. sc isn't that good.

ou on the other hand looks like the real deal. they can run it, and as long as you keep a good pocket, they can throw it with jason white. the defense has looked good all year except the first two quarters this weekend. and they have a great return game. i'd put them at number one so far. with us at two, sc at three, wisconsin at four, and miami at five. that's strictly based on what i've seen this season.

i disagree that usc looks complete. their secondary hinges on one guy (darnell bing) and they can definitely be had (see: california). they also gave up chunks of yards to stanford (an average team) and va tech (an average team). the offense has had one major explosion over a team with a decent record. sc isn't that good.

ou on the other hand looks like the real deal. they can run it, and as long as you keep a good pocket, they can throw it with jason white. the defense has looked good all year except the first two quarters this weekend. and they have a great return game. i'd put them at number one so far. with us at two, sc at three, wisconsin at four, and miami at five. that's strictly based on what i've seen this season.

112061[/snapback]

I agree mcgufcm.. USC isnt playing the best (although their win over ASU showed how dangerous they can be) they dont have anyone on the schedule who I think is capable of beating them now. Maybe the luck of the Irish will beat them?

OU is the #1 team I think right now. OU and Auburn I think are the two most complete teams in the nation right now. SC would #3 and Wisconsin #4 and Miami #5 just because they haven't lost YET.

USC only gave up 294 yards total against VT

At a place that was all VT fans and it was the first game.

I am not sure you can really push that game as such a bad thing.

I think the win at Va Tech was a good win. They are better than an average team in my opinion and I think they will give Miami a good game and have a great chance in beating them.

TU21 -- what's the team psyche like? Are they buying into the hype or are they still grounded and working hard? I really wouldn't expect anything but the latter, but it would be nice to have some insight into how everything is being approached.

there is almost no way i can look at a ref bail out game against a team that is going to finish no better than fourth in the acc as a positive. you could tell me it was first game jitters and it shouldn't count against them, but no way is it a quality win. the only quality wins i'm counting at the top are: lsu and ut for us, texas for ou, cal for usc, fsu for miami, and purdue for wisconsin. that's the list as far as i'm concerned.

Bammer did dominate Arky until the fourth quarter. Bammer's D was winning the lines until lack of depth got to them. I look for the Bammer game to be closer than most. We never score big on them. Have to go back to Pat Sullivan days to see where we scored 40+ points and dominated. Dye era never blew them out either. If we keep getting better each game though, this could be our year. I hope.

Archived