Great crowd today for a great game

AUHansel

The weather was a lot better than expected temp wise, and Auburn played amazing. The crowd was out in full throat and packed the house today. Campbell was truly great and needs to get the recognition that he deserves. Probably won't happen but Auburn should move ahead of Miami to #3 after UM should have lost. DB's need to catch balls in their chest. Defense still played great and should have only let two td's, but the int messed that up, but not a big deal. I was very skeptical about this game because of the past and not wanting to get my hopes up, but Tommy had the boys fired up and they played like champions. Bring on the kittys and lets keep it rolling!

I just watched my DVR replay. Funny you should mention the crowd. One of the CBS announcers, Vern Lundquist, had commented on Arky's momentum switch after they scored their 2nd TD & Mix had fumbled his sure 1st down away, ... and then made the mistake of saying this would quiet the home crowd. Todd Blackledge was laughing at him because the crowd got really loud at that point -- enough to make an Arky OL jump to a false start. :au:

I just watched my DVR replay.  Funny you should mention the crowd.  One of the CBS announcers, Vern Lundquist, had commented on Arky's momentum switch after they scored their 2nd TD & Mix had fumbled his sure 1st down away, ... and then made the mistake of saying this would quiet the home crowd.  Todd Blackledge was laughing at him because the crowd got really loud at that point -- enough to make an Arky OL jump to a false start.  :au:

111900[/snapback]

Oh man, it was great!!! My usual Section 40 cohorts and I were screaming like banshees when Arky got that ball right down in front of our North End Zone seats!!!

And that penalty just fired us up even more. Our house was rockin' baby!!! :big:

Archived