Best in the East?

quietfan

I'm being perfectly serious.  You completely ignored the rest of my post.  The team that wins head-to-head is the better team.  On any given Saturday & stuff.  How hard is this to understand? 

On that day, yes. Where am I arguing that they aren't? I am talking about in the overall scheme of the season.

I'm curious as to how you interpret this year's SC/Cal contest.  I suppose you're going to say that Cal was the better team because they dominated the stats.  Right?  Sorry, I'm not buying it.  SC was the better team this year. 

Just because a team is dominating in stats does not mean they were the better team that day. Give me a break.

Heck, even some people on this thread alone seem to agree with me :P:D:D

This is the most ridiculous argument I have ever wasted my time on. Just win all your games and then you don't have to worry about if you are the best team or not, your record, which does matter, (But is not the only determinant) will show it!

florida is the best team in the east.....thye got rooked in knoxville and they will,again, beat ugly this year.....don't think they will go to atlanta,but you asked who was best in the east,not who would win the east

This is the most ridiculous argument I have ever wasted my time on. Just win all your games and then you don't have to worry about if you are the best team or not, your record, which does matter, (But is not the only determinant) will show it!

112303[/snapback]

Obviously its not that ridiculous.

UGA - #6

UT - #13

in the coaches poll.

My point is, and NO-it does not ALWAYS hold true, As Coach Dye was fond of saying "There aren't any secrets out there in the Arena".

WINNING on the field is the name of the game. Who cares how good your team may or may not be if they can't win when it counts?

Let the whole world say :au: "Ain't really that good."...I could care less.

One at a time....Next up...... :uk:

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

Let the whole world say  :au:   "Ain't really that good."...I could care less.

Who is saying that? :blink:

112373[/snapback]

Nobody, I hope. :D Just using that as an example.

UT is still the best in the East right now. They will be favored in ALL of their remaining games. Should they stumble, UGA would again be viewed as the number 1 in the East, but its hard to argue with victories against both UF and UGA. They won when it mattered. UGA didn't. UGA is good, but UT is better right now. We shall see at the end of the year.

Don't get me wrong. I am not about to start bashing the puppies. Don't need or want any bad "karma". :D

Let the whole world say  :au:   "Ain't really that good."...I could care less.

Who is saying that? :blink:

112373[/snapback]

Nobody, I hope. :D Just using that as an example.

112379[/snapback]

I hope every one of our opponents for the rest of the year says and believes that. We can always educate them otherwise on the field.

Don't want any pollsters saying it, though.

Archived