Auburn deserves spot in BCS title game

bigsixfive

Pretty good article, here are some exerpts...

Link

AUBURN, Ala. - When Auburn slipped by LSU two weeks ago, Auburn fans started finding it just a little harder to breathe.

When the Tigers humiliated Tennessee in Knoxville, there was an audible gasp from the Auburn faithful as they prepared to hold their collective breath.

After Saturday's 38-20 victory over Arkansas, a game that wasn't as close as the score makes it sound, Tiger faces everywhere started turning a shade of blue that had nothing to do with the school colors.

Why? You know why. This Auburn team, which no one was sure what to make of when this season began, suddenly has the makings of something special.

But unless the voters in the AP and coaches poll are really paying attention, unless they are more interested in doing what's right rather than being right, this Auburn team finds itself with no hope unless USC, Oklahoma or Miami fails.

Welcome to NCAA football, where the best teams are decided by voters who may never actually see those teams play.

From CFN:

3. Auburn 7-0  next game: Kentucky

This is too low because … Arkansas isn’t chopped liver and Auburn had few problems getting the win. Few quarterbacks in America are playing better than Jason Campbell.

This is too high because … It’s not. This very easily could be the best team in America right now.

From CFN:
3. Auburn 7-0  next game: Kentucky

This is too low because … Arkansas isn’t chopped liver and Auburn had few problems getting the win. Few quarterbacks in America are playing better than Jason Campbell.

This is too high because … It’s not. This very easily could be the best team in America right now.

112087[/snapback]

WOW...theres no bad "this is too high" answer according to this guy....

It makes me wonder why they didn't go ahead and put us at #1... They said this about OU and USC:

This is too high because … Doesn’t it feel like the yearly Oklahoma one-game crash is right around the corner? The intensity and focus wasn’t there against Kansas State making the Sooners appear vulnerable. Do you really think they’re going to get through this season unbeaten with road trips to Texas A&M and Oklahoma State ahead?

This is too high because … USC hasn’t gone unbeaten under Pete Carroll and there are road tests coming up. Don’t base everything on the one good performance against ASU; this is still the same team that struggled against Stanford and Virginia Tech. Auburn has every right to think it belongs here.

Maybe they really believe in us this year, and dont want to rank us #1 and jinx us like they did last year. I'll use that thinking to make myself feel better.

The TEAM just needs to keep proving their point on the FIELD. I feel sure, if we do that, everything else will take care of itself.

One at a time, you gotta' believe ! ! !

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

Remember that LSU was under the radar last season as well. They played a very weak non-conference schedule like Auburn has. If we take care of business, I have to believe that an undefeated SEC Champ gets a shot at a National Title. Beat Kentucky

Archived