Countdown to Signing Day Q&A

AUSportTalk

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In regards to 2012 OL recruiting, is it correct to say that AU is now gonna select final signees from juco Watson, Diamond, A Young & OG Kozan?? Seems to be a timing issue here, as Watson announces before the others? If two of the other three pic AU, then did u really want Watson??

In regards to 2012 OL recruiting, is it correct to say that AU is now gonna select final signees from juco Watson, Diamond, A Young & OG Kozan?? Seems to be a timing issue here, as Watson announces before the others? If two of the other three pic AU, then did u really want Watson??

The Order is Kozan, Watson, AY, and lastly Diamond.

is watson "sec ready" enough to sign over the other guys...since he has so little football experience and with very little eligibility.

i guess this is really a ST question.

Do you mean the announcement order? Or order of priority for AU?

Announcement order. Kozan the Barbarian will commit as soon as Saturday but not later than Monday.

Announcement order. Kozan the Barbarian will commit as soon as Saturday but not later than Monday.

What do you think the coaching staff's order of priority would be?

My assumption would be Avery Young - Jordan Diamond - then either / or Watson / Kozan, but I'm a knucklehead.

i hate to say anything bad about a recruit but im not completely sold on Kozan ive heard he was just given his ranking and i watched his film and i like Rober Leff much much more

i hate to say anything bad about a recruit but im not completely sold on Kozan ive heard he was just given his ranking and i watched his film and i like Rober Leff much much more

Well, that's good news for at least one reason - Robert Leff is committed to us. I watch very little film. i read opinions here and go on hearsay - ignorance is bliss or whatever - it makes things easier.

is watson "sec ready" enough to sign over the other guys...since he has so little football experience and with very little eligibility.

i guess this is really a ST question.

All I've got to go on is his highlight film, but he is intriguing. Sometimes the chips don't fall our way in recruiting, and we end up signing a less talented recruit that we call "a project", when the reality is they are not a project, they just don't have the same God given talent that some other players have. I think that Watson is a true "project". I like the way he plays in terms of aggressiveness and intelligence, but, to my untrained eyes, he still has some learning to do on technique. I also like the fact that, from reading, he is a man on a mission to find his place in life. I would MUCH rather have someone like that than someone looking for a red carpet to walk on. If we have slots available, we could do a lot worse with them than signing Watson. He looks like he could be a really good OT with some coaching.

Is there anyone new that Lefty n-da Stache are after that we were not after (or favorites of) before the hires?

I sure would like to snag Dorial Green-Beckham.

WDE

Beniquez Brown (Florence, AL) was said to have drawn renewed interest from Loeffler--so presumably as a RB rather than S or LB.

Is there anyone new that Lefty n-da Stache are after that we were not after (or favorites of) before the hires?

I sure would like to snag Dorial Green-Beckham.

WDE

Beniquez Brown (Florence, AL) was said to have drawn renewed interest from Loeffler--so presumably as a RB rather than S or LB.

If he gets an offer from AU and accepts I still believe he ends up at LB.

got any new updates or possibilities ST?

:we::believe::we:

Working on some more. A lot of my time has been consumed at the hospital the last 18 days. I'm working on getting recruiting info for you guys and gals! Thanks.

got any new updates or possibilities ST?

:we::believe::we:

Working on some more. A lot of my time has been consumed at the hospital the last 18 days. I'm working on getting recruiting info for you guys and gals! Thanks.

Thanks so much for the time ST. I know we all really enjoy and appreciate it and have been keeping you and yours in our thoughts and prayers.

Archived