Countdown to Signing Day Q&A

AUSportTalk

We're in it for Goldman, Diggs, Young, L Williams, Alexander, Moore and that's just off the top of my head. Those are all 5 stars or 4 stars.  :dunno:

To add to that Watson, Cordarelle Patterson, Diamond, Arik and Armond Armstead, Ronald Darby, Deon Bush, and if we have a spot at the end Weatherly.

the RIVALS guys updated their predictions today...not pretty.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=880&CID=1322138

FYI. They are wrong more than they are right.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're in it for Goldman, Diggs, Young, L Williams, Alexander, Moore and that's just off the top of my head. Those are all 5 stars or 4 stars.  :dunno:

To add to that Watson, Cordarelle Patterson, Diamond, Arik and Armond Armstead, Ronald Darby, Deon Bush, and if we have a spot at the end Weatherly.

Looks about right. Just hope we can pull Young. Our staff has a lot of ground to make up. Better get and stay busy.

I think I'll just go with my prediction of who we get when it is real and the faxes are received...

Everything between now and then ... :dunno:

Guest jojo1515

With the amount of spots we have available, we should be all over that board.  Instead they have us only getting 1 4 star.  I hope now that we actually have coordinators on the staff that we can get in a few of these guys heads.  I'm afraid it may be too late this time.  I hope I am wrong here, but we may have an off year in recruiting (somewhat expected when you go 8-5 and lose both coordinators).  Either way, we will be fine and will have a top 5 class next year.

With the amount of spots we have available, we should be all over that board.  Instead they have us only getting 1 4

star.  I hope now that we actually have coordinators on the staff that we can get in a few of these guys heads.  I'm afraid it may be too late this time.  I hope I am wrong here, but we may have an off year in recruiting (somewhat expected when you go 8-5 and lose both coordinators).  Either way, we will be fine and will have a top 5 class next year.

You are correct. The vacancies did hurt our recruiting and Chizik hinted to that fact at the presser today, but he did what he had to do. I really underestimated what he did in that time. Maybe next time he is in that situation he'll have someone lined up well before his coordinators leave when it's obvious they will be on their way out. I digress. The staff has a lot of catching up to do. If we finish top 10 which I believe is tough but doable it will exhibit once again what a quality coach CGC is.

I've asked this question before, but I will ask again.....we are all hoping that we land these 4 and 5 star players (me included), but if we miss, is there a list of other, perhaps lesser known, players that we might be able to sign? I know about the kid that's committed to Vandy, but I would like to see one of these 8-9 players that could fill up the roster. Thanks in advance.

Auburn is going after big time players.  There are about 5 that will announce between now and 9 that will announce on signing day.  We are fighting to keep at least one of our recruits (JW)  Time to buckle up, take a deep breath and wait for end of signing day.  

Clearly we were hurt by the NCAA, the negative recruiting, a lot of returning starters, two new coordinators and the Bammer media spin.  I still believe we finish strong, we have in the past.

I've asked this question before, but I will ask again.....we are all hoping that we land these 4 and 5 star players (me included), but if we miss, is there a list of other, perhaps lesser known, players that we might be able to sign? I know about the kid that's committed to Vandy, but I would like to see one of these 8-9 players that could fill up the roster. Thanks in advance.

Other than Weatherly Ben Brown is the only other name that may pop up. It is likely whatever schollies we do not use will stay open for a very good 2013 crop given the small graduating class AU will have. The coaches are not going to fill spots just to fill them like Tubs did.

Auburn is going after big time players.  There are about 5 that will announce between now and 9 that will announce on signing day.  We are fighting to keep at least one of our recruits (JW)  Time to buckle up, take a deep breath and wait for end of signing day.  

Clearly we were hurt by the NCAA, the negative recruiting, a lot of returning starters, two new coordinators and the Bammer media spin.  I still believe we finish strong, we have in the past.

We might not take a full class of we miss on some guys. We would sign 20 or 21 guys and then back count next year.

We cannot count back next year!! It's 25 or bust!

No it's not. How many under 25 this year a team signs they can sign over 25 the next year if there is room under the 85 roster limit. I really do not understand where all this transition year for that rule misconception comes from but it is simply not true.

I know that but when does the rule go into effect? I have read countless times on here (with solid evidence) that this is the last year to count back players and the rule is instated for next year (25 players, no counting back)...the rest of the 85 will be filled with walk-ons given schollys and tranfers

I know that but when does the rule go into effect? I have read countless times on here (with solid evidence) that this is the last year to count back players and the rule is instated for next year (25 players, no counting back)...the rest of the 85 will be filled with walk-ons given schollys and tranfers

I believe Ellitor has it right.  The articles about the SEC rule changes have been fubar... much confusion about how it is and why the count date was moved back to Dec 1st.  Some of it might be the difference in what was proposed and what was passed, I don't really know.

Well you have not read any of my posts on it then. I have done the research and you can still technically back count. It's just not called back counting anymore. It is called getting an Initial Enrollee Exemption and the rule went into affect immediately.

ahhhh okay! I only skimmed the surface I guess. Thanks for clarifying. I was wondering why posters were still referring back to "counting back" after that long discussion. Anyways, nothing to see here... carry on lol

ahhhh okay! I only skimmed the surface I guess. Thanks for clarifying. I was wondering why posters were still referring back to "counting back" after that long discussion. Anyways, nothing to see here... carry on lol

Thank you for not taking it personally. I cringed when I posted my last comment thinking I was jerkish in my reply.

Well you have not read any of my posts on it then. I have done the research and you can still technically back count. It's just not called back counting anymore. It is called getting an Initial Enrollee Exemption and the rule went into affect immediately.

One point you did not mention about backcounting, or Initial Enrollee Exemption, is the dates it can be used.  There are lot of if's, and's and but's with how they count to which list.  

It turns out that under the proper conditions you can sign a scholarship in January as either a backcount (Initial Enrollee Exemption) against last year's 25 limit or as an Early Enrollee against this year's 25 limit... but certain criteria has to be met in either case, it is not a slam dunk.

One point you did not mention about backcounting, or Initial Enrollee Exemption, is the dates it can be used.  There are lot of if's, and's and but's with how they count to which list.  

It turns out that under the proper conditions you can sign a scholarship in January as either a backcount (Initial Enrollee Exemption) against last year's 25 limit or as an Early Enrollee against this year's 25 limit... but certain criteria has to be met in either case, it is not a slam dunk.

The slam dunk is simple though. A team has to be under the 85 limit and have a player graduate in December to accept an EE, then if a team sign less than 25 in the previous class the EE can count as an IEE.

The slam dunk is simple though. A team has to be under the 85 limit and have a player graduate in December to accept an EE, then if a team sign less than 25 in the previous class the EE can count as an IEE.

Okay, 1 and, 1 if, and no buts;D

Okay, 1 and, 1 if, and no buts;D

:laugh:...We have Hijacked ST's thread. I don't think daddy will be happy when he comes back.

Archived