Countdown to Signing Day Q&A

AUSportTalk

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will any of the weekend visitors commit on the spot?

Don't think so maybe by Mon. or Tues.

Arik is supposed to decide on Sun or Mon I believe.

Yeah a Notre Dame board said he must choose by Monday FWIW

Does Auburn have a chance to switch Brandon Greene? I have to think he might be getting pushed out the door by Alabama to make room.  Would love to have him.

Highly unlikely. Bammer covets him. They will let him go to make room. If BG flips it would be to UGA. I hope he sticks with Bama. If not then Bama will heat things up on AY and I would rather that not happen.

Pretty sure some recruits have committed while in for their OV before.. not often but I think it's allowed.

I believe the rule is you can't make a public announcement while on your visit.

^^This is correct. I will add, however, that there is no rule against him telling a coach that he's coming to Auburn while on campus, he just can't publicly commit to coming while on campus.

Our coaches normally will not except commitments while on a visit. They want the players to go back home and make sure of the decision, not just commit off emotions. :aufb:

I would like to know exactly how many recruits Auburn can sign this year.

Can they go over the 25, without greyshirts?

How much room will still be left to fill the 85 scholly limits?

By my count, if Means and Burgess remain on scholarship and Auburn signs 25, they would be over the 85 limit by three as of right now. That assumes that the 2 walk-ons have their scholarships renewed, Auburn has no one else leave due to transfer or other attrition, and no one transfers in who doesn't count as a part of the 25. Therefore, as of right this second, Auburn could sign 22 with no issue. Anything else would require corresponding action. That is, if I can count. (I think that number was without Grant on scholarshp as well).

By my count, if Means and Burgess remain on scholarship and Auburn signs 25, they would be over the 85 limit by three as of right now. That assumes that the 2 walk-ons have their scholarships renewed, Auburn has no one else leave due to transfer or other attrition, and no one transfers in who doesn't count as a part of the 25. Therefore, as of right this second, Auburn could sign 22 with no issue. Anything else would require corresponding action. That is, if I can count. (I think that number was without Grant on scholarshp as well).

Doesn't Barrett Trotter's leaving mean we'd have space for one more?

So, Dyer and Trotter leaving will open two of those, right? Or did you take that into consideration in your count?

Actually after counting again, I think my original count assumed that Grant would be on scholarship. 62 guys as of now if you include Burgess and Means. That means room for 23 if we don't put Grant on scholarship and 22 if we do.

ST what do you make of the recent report that we are out of the Winston running? Do you still feel confident that we can get back in with a good OC hire?

Auburn is not out of it for Winston. When Auburn hires an OC, they will visit Winston. If he likes the hire, he will visit. Then we will see what happens from there.

So you are calling BS on this from TOS

"Winston is no longer considering AU and definitely will not visit AU....Winston was basically told last week by AU coaches on a conference call that AU was going to honor their pledge to Pike as the only QB signee....also stated numbers were tight as they could only sign 24 this year (Prosch transfer)...LSU is heavily recruiting Winston right now as they went to see Winston's girlfriend play bball this week and courting her for an LSU commitment (she plays for Hoover and I believe now currently committed to Baylor; however, was originally committed to LSU - interesting)...FSU or LSU would be my best guess right now with LSU having the edge as they are truly selling out for Winston and him starting as a true frosh...Bama still in the picture with a heavy family influence along with best friend Reggie Ragland.

My take....AU coaches feel EXTREMELY confident about closing strong with 8 silent commits on Signing Day and just did not have room to hold a spot for a kid that was a longshot and/or could be playing MLB next year.

FWIW...my prediction is that we close with Goldman, Young, Darby, Diggs, Williams, Alexander, Armstead and Watson....just don't think we will have room for Moore....if one of those silents flips, look for Moore to fill the void. WDE!!"

Well... FWIW 15 + 8 = 23 with a spot left for #24  :dunno:

Not to discredit the individual who wrote what you posted, but I'd say ST has as good or better sources than most every AU writer.

But that is, of course, just my opinion which amounts to a hill of beans at the end of the day.

Not to discredit the individual who wrote what you posted, but I'd say ST has as good or better sources than most every AU writer.

But that is, of course, just my opinion which amounts to a hill of beans at the end of the day.

Still worth more than mine. I depend on ya'll. :yay: :yay: :wareagle:

what about that additional number going to Armond?

what about that additional number going to Armond?

Dangit  :laugh:

Archived